TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Break Puerto Vallarta Timeshare Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by Quimby4, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

Hey Tuggers,

Last minute planning here for Spring Break in PV.
    I can secure airfare but am having trouble finding a place to stay.
    I have checked DAE, II, Platinum Interchange, SFX all with no luck.
    Any suggestions for other Timeshare companies to try for bonus weeks or ?

I dont usually plan so last minute but we were waiting for sons HS baseball schedule to book :)

Thank you

2. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Now you know why you don't wait until last minute. Especially in Mexico for Spring Break. Might try Trading Places. Or VRBO for straight rentals.

Jim

Quimby4 likes this.
  3. Zib

Zib TUG Member

Are you going with your son? None of the timeshare places will let anyone under 21 check into their resorts without an adult with them. What's your exact dates?

4. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

Yes, it is my husband and I and our 2 teen sons. Im quite a planner but just couldnt plan the unknown for Spring Break. Im sure the teens are fine with staying home and sleeping the entire Spring Break, but I am freezing and need some Sun and Sand.
    I'll look at TP, thx

5. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
    Just what week do you need? Spring break is different in various parts of the country.

6. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

Looking around April 9, 2017. Thank you :)

7. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Easter is Sunday April 16 2017

The week before and after Easter are Mexican National Holiday weeks .

In the Vidanta / Mayan group(that I own) - those weeks are excluded from standard contracts
    and sold separately as Elite ( higher cost ) weeks . ( They float yearly with Easter)

Good Luck

If you want to go to Mexico , maybe try Cabo since it would require a plane flight for most Mexican Nationals and these are family vacations with lots of members so most drive .

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

Try renting a week, look on Redweek.com

9. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
    That will be hard to find because it coincides with Easter/Holy Week - huge Holiday time in Mexico - as big as Christmas/New Years.

Spring Break here is in mid-March at most of our schools - coincides with the 9 week mark, not Easter. I thought that maybe there would be some last minute vacations out there if it was 3-4 weeks out.

Good luck - I would try VRBO/HomeAway and Red Week like others have mentioned. Those would be your best bet and about the same cost as Getaway or Extra Vacations on II or RCI - much more expensive that a regular extra vacation.

10. Seaport104

Seaport104 TUG Member

Did you try RCI?

11. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

I dont have RCI membership. :(

12. bccash63

bccash63 TUG Member

post in the TUG rentals wanted. In two more days you can post for april 9th. you never know:) RCI is great for last min if you can search early AM's. I am going to PVR March 4th and just booked 4 wks ago.

13. SciTchr

SciTchr TUG Member

Go to Trading Places International and look for the Suite Deals on the pull down menu. It is under Hot Deals. These areas are for rentals and you do not need to be a member of TPI. There is a two bedroom at Lindo Mar and also a one bedroom there. Wonderful resort!! Little beach, small pool, restaurant and a short bus/cab to town. Check in is Saturday, so if you went on the 9th you would just need to tell them you are coming a day late. I would grab this! Sending you a PM as well.
    Lindo Mar Resort - Puerto Vallarta, MEXICODates:Apr 08, 2017 - Apr 15, 2017Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
    Retail: $1,078.00Special: $970.00(7 nights)