• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spinnaker timeshare

Tammy creasy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and marriot
Have a Branson timeshare. Just spent 2hours in a owner mtg wanting us to upgrade and spend another 11k . Said Branson is not worth anything . Said they want to get rid of the set property ownership we have. Has anyone else did this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Where ever they are selling you probably has a $0 -$1000 resale value anyway. Certainly not the extra $11,000 they are trying to get you to pay.

Tammy creasy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and marriot
Where ever they are selling you probably has a $0 -$1000 resale value anyway. Certainly not the extra $11,000 they are trying to get you to pay.
It was for theFlorida or South Carolina resort.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Doesn't matter. I am familiar with Spinnaker. Nice resorts. Still not worth $11,000. Even if you had to prepay the $1500 and pay closing costs to give away what you have, you could still buy what they are selling you for under $2000 and probably under $1000. So if that is what you want you can spend at the most $3500 to give away what you have and purchase it on your own or spend $11,0000.

Tammy creasy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and marriot
Doesn't matter. I am familiar with Spinnaker. Nice resorts. Still not worth $11,000. Even if you had to prepay the $1500 and pay closing costs to give away what you have, you could still buy what they are selling you for under $2000 and probably under $1000. So if that is what you want you can spend at the most $3500 to give away what you have and purchase it on your own or spend $11,0000.
Thank you. They won't get any more money from me. With what we have , we are supppse to be able to use any area if available. But that is whast I figured I be lucky to give away what my parents currently have. They paid way to much.

Tammy creasy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and marriot
If I ever wanted to change where is a good place to find these timeshare deals? Is it on the tubs site?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes and Redweek. Redweek has more availability but the asking price is a little higher. I saw a couple 3 bedrooms in the $5000-$6000 range. That is asking prices. You can always offer less and see what you can get.

Reaction score
Have a Branson timeshare. Just spent 2hours in a owner mtg wanting us to upgrade and spend another 11k . Said Branson is not worth anything . Said they want to get rid of the set property ownership we have. Has anyone else did this?

Keep your set property ownership. What they are offering is worth even less.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I find this humorous. Just a few years back Spinnaker tried to get us upgrade in Branson because, and I’m quoting the salesman here, “the whole world wants to come to Branson”. He even bragged they’d be flying in 747’s to the Branson airport because the demand was so high. And of course there was the subtle hint Disney would be building an amusement park in Branson because Walt Disney was from Missouri.

The Branson Spinnaker side show is entertaining if nothing else. I wouldn’t believe a word coming out of one of their salesmen’s mouths.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I wonder if the $199 package I got from them for 4 nights is worth it. They say once we attend the presentation we will get a 7 night 8 day cruise voucher. Anyone out there know how well this has worked out for people?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cruise vouchers usually aren't that great a deal. But you should enjoy your four night package, and just be sure to set a timer for the sales presenter (or wear your "Keep Calm and Buy Resale" tshirt to the presentation,) to make sure you have the least painful sales presentation ever.

Tammy creasy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and marriot
I have a week 12 eoy even Waterside at Spinnaker available for FREE.

Mike
Just curious, what are the maintenance fees and where is it located?