• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spa at Lagunamar

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I was thinking about booking a spa treatment or two while at Lagunamar in May, but after looking at the prices ...... wow! Now, I am used to cruise ships prices, and considering the value of the dollar vs. peso, I expected to see prices a lot lower than what is listed. Guess I am going to pass.

Anybody else think the spa prices are out of line or am I just out of line?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I was thinking about booking a spa treatment or two while at Lagunamar in May, but after looking at the prices ...... wow! Now, I am used to cruise ships prices, and considering the value of the dollar vs. peso, I expected to see prices a lot lower than what is listed. Guess I am going to pass.

Anybody else think the spa prices are out of line or am I just out of line?

Yup they're high with the value of the peso to dollar.
Cancun's a tourist area so they know they've got you :rolleyes: on vacation...

Someone on the Lagunamar thread suggested the Fiesta Americana's Gem Spa.
I did go there a few weeks ago, and while prices were comparable to the Westin,
I did get 2 hours in their hydrotherapy-spa rooms which were wonderful! This was in addition to my 1 hour massage. I went mid-week and I only saw 2 other people there. Almost all of the time I had each spa room all to myself. The Westin spa areas are quite quite modest by comparison.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I too heard Gem Spa was worth the splurge. I checked it out when there. Think the lowest priced facial was 200 american. Decided against it as we were splurging too much but one of these trips will check it out. Curious to hear how others liked it

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I posted about Gem Spa vs WLR. I've been to a variety of spas and the Gem is one of the best. Well worth the money if you were going to do a spa day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Those spa people drive me crazy when they walk around the pool and want to rub my feet! NO! Go away!

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Those spa people drive me crazy when they walk around the pool and want to rub my feet! NO! Go away!

I know, they drive me crazy, too. All I really wanted was a facial, but the prices are way too high. I never thought I would say this , but the price for a facial is a lot cheaper on a cruise ship.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR

I agree! I really wish they would stop this. They don't let vendors come onto the property yet they allow the Spa people to harass us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk