• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest Airlines Gift Card

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the appropriate forum for this. If not, please move it to where it belongs.

My sister-in-law is battling Leukemia and will not be traveling in the near future. She has a $500 Southwest Airlines gift card that expires on February 24, 2017. Unfortunately no one in our family will be traveling before that date so she's hoping to sell it to someone who will be able to use it before the expiration date. She would like to get $450 for it. If anyone is interested, you can call me at 518-859-six-two-two-six.

Thanks, Art

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps if it was given out as compensation for denied boarding, it could carry an expiration date.

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if it was given out as compensation for denied boarding, it could carry an expiration date.

I just found out that's what happened. When she got sick she had to cancel the trip she had booked with the gift card. Now it carries an expiration date.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out that's what happened. When she got sick she had to cancel the trip she had booked with the gift card. Now it carries an expiration date.
If a reservation was made with the gift card, where the reservation is in someone's name and that reservation is cancelled, the travel funds that are issued for the cancelled reservation are good for one year BUT ONLY THE PERSON WHOSE NAME WAS ON THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION MAY USE THE TRAVEL FUNDS.

If the gift card was not used in total, there is no expiration on those funds not originally used and there is no restriction as to who may use those funds.

Good luck.

Thunder Up