• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

South Carolina Flooding [Multiple Threads Merged]

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
As of this morning I-95 in SC was still closed for 70 miles between I26 & I20.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
We'll be on HHI this Thursday and from what I can tell, the island is fine. I95 still has 70 miles closed but, according to the SCDOT website, is expected to re-open tomorrow.

janwes

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Donating to displaced

I was thinking about all those displaced people and wondered if people who had t/s weeks left couldn't donate their rooms to some families. Got to figure it will be a long time before any sort of normalcy is returned. Should be a way to match up. If not for this emergency, for another in the future. Timeshares are all over the world and so are these natural disasters.
If anyone has a way to initiate some sort of program, it would be a blessing to those in need and also the giver.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amtrak doesn't seem to be running throught SC and other states nearby.

Nancy

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
95 is still closed for 70 miles. If you are planning on coming this way from up north and are near 81, you can take 81 to 26 and then pick up 95 below the closure.

Columbia is in deperate need of water. One of the companies here has donated the use of their trucks to take supplies for the next couple of days. Please consider donating to the American Red Cross to help those who were affected.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Charleston

The sun was shining for the first time in a week today in Charleston! The carriages were filled with tourists and all seemed well within the Historic District except for the sound of sump pumps running to empty basements of water (yes, a lot of these old houses that are at sea level really do have basements!) The City Market was back in full swing as was King Street shopping. The restaurants I passed along the way at lunchtime seemed to have the normal amount of customers. I did find stores and restaurants over the last two days to be a bit short staffed due to schools in Dorchester and Berkeley Counties still being closed and those parents not having resources for their kids having to miss work.

My thoughts are with those who have lost friends and loved ones and/or their property and belongings. I hope no more lives are lost and the flooding is over though I know there may still be more downstream flooding nearer coastal areas tonight and tomorrow.

stonebroke

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Country Club Villas Reports No Damage

Just saw on Facebook page of Country Club Villas the following: "Good afternoon Country Club Owners and Guests. We wanted to pass along that we have no damage from the area flooding and are looking forward to your visit with us soon!":)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like parts of I-95 south bound is still block.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
SC roads

Check SCDOT.org before traveling on I-95 or other SC roads to be sure that your
route is open. If you are traveling from the north to Myrtle Beach, I don't believe you would have a problem. I believe it's 74 miles between I-26 and I-20 on I-95 that's been closed and may still be. Numerous bridges are being watched now and over the weekend as more flooding may occur near the coast as river flooding continues to move on downstream. We are also due more rain this weekend but the weather forecasters are saying they don't believe it will be another "event."