• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Somewhat Urgent -I wish to sell my timeshare before October Maintenance Fees begin.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Presidential Villas Plantation Resort, Surfside, SC
This description, from your ad on the Bargain Basement, sounds more like a FLOAT week than a FIXED week. A Fixed week is generally one specific number falling between 1 - 53 or, perhaps, a named holiday week.
I did not catch your comment when initially written but I will check that out with Presidential Villas. It was never called a "float week" to the best of my remembering. We shall see. To date I have not received any inquiries.

WackyLucy

Reaction score
...It was never called a "float week" to the best of my remembering.

Your earlier post (#5 in this same thread) identifies two separate, multi-week date ranges for making reservations.
That would seem to be the quintessential definition of a "float week" ownership.

I haven't looked at your listing, but I hope that it specifically identifies these reservation date ranges; it's an important detail to any prospective "taker".

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a tough part of timeshare ownership to learn that something we paid $$$ for has now become 'worthless'.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your earlier post (#5 in this same thread) identifies two separate, multi-week date ranges for making reservations. By definition, this would certainly seem to be a "float" week ownership. I haven't looked at your listing, but I hope that it specifically identifies these reservation date ranges, as it's an important piece of information to any prospective "taker".
I am going to check that out but I went onto the Bargain Website to look at my ad dated August 7th and it seems to have disappeared. Now what does that mean. I checked it twice and don't see my listing there. What could have happened? Louise Marie

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am going to check that out but I went onto the Bargain Website to look at my ad dated August 7th and it seems to have disappeared. Now what does that mean. I checked it twice and don't see my listing there. What could have happened? Louise Marie

I see it there. You might want to post some new info every now and then to bump the post and keep it from getting buried.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
'
I see it there. You might want to post some new info every now and then to bump the post and keep it from getting buried.
Thanks for checking it out for me. LM

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On Sunday,(8/20) I stated that I could not find my Aug. 7th ad in "Bargain Basement" and I believe it was Brian who said he could see it. Well, I went back to look it up today and it's gone again I just don't understand how this happens. I looked carefully and it's just not visible to me. How else can you find it but to go to the date that you placed the ad. I have not added anything to my original post "for sale ad" but I will. How can I keep track of it. When you say "thread" do you mean the info I placed in the ad? LM

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The forum where you posted has many, many pages. As new posts are added, older posts get pushed down, and eventually, pushed off the first page - but it's still there.

There is a link to your Ad in post #31, above - just click on it: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...sort-surfside-sc-near-to-myrtle-beach.260499/

Than - scroll down to the bottom and click POST REPLY. Then add another post, and it will "bump" your Ad to the top of the page - because new posts automatically go to the top.

A thread is a group of posts that are "threaded" together. In other words, your post, and any responses underneath it.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The order of posts are based on the date of the most recent post. Yours was posted August 7th and fell off the first page. The only way to see it was to click "next" at the bottom of the page.

Jim has posted something to your ad and it is now back on the first page (currently the second post). Suggestion is for you to post a reply with some new details every now and then to bring it back to the top of page 1. Some things to add: interesting things to do in the area, fun activities at the resort, great trades you made with it, or great family experiences. Anything you can think that just might interest someone to take this for free.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thank you all for helping me out. It is still new to me. I have put so much into the initial ad I'm going to have to think what else I might say. I appreciate your suggestions. The timeshare is very special in my estimation but to date no one has taken an interest.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is important to add a post once a week to bump it to the first page. After it leaves the first page, fewer people will see it. You can just add a sentence or two each week. Doesn't have to be huge.

Possible things to add:

-Local attractions, festivals, sight seeing.

-Resort activities.

-What you have exchanged it for (if you have exchanged it.)

-Add pictures: You can google the name of the resort, then click IMAGES, find a few pictures you like, and add them to your Ad. If you are not that familiar with using pictures on the internet, get a family member or friend to help you.

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I thank you all for helping me out. It is still new to me. I have put so much into the initial ad I'm going to have to think what else I might say. I appreciate your suggestions. The timeshare is very special in my estimation but to date no one has taken an interest.
Please know that just because no one has taken an interest, doesn't mean it's not a good place/time. I see good stuff all the time that I'd LOVE to be able to use, but unfortunately vacation time is limited... as are travel funds.

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
with this ad, you are going to get bombarded by companies that want upfront money to help you divest your timeshare. They are going to even "guarantee" this!!! Don't you believe it... Scammers!!!

Good Luck...

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
with this ad, you are going to get bombarded by companies that want upfront money to help you divest your timeshare. They are going to even "guarantee" this!!! Don't you believe it... Scammers!!!

Good Luck...

Certainly everyone needs to be aware that scammers are out there and know the red flags. However, are TUG posters really "bombarded" by scammers responding to their ads? I have never listed a for sale ad on TUG so I don't know for sure and now I am curious.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it's not just Tuggers who browse TUG - anyone can, and they do.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So TELL in the ad WHAT makes it very special. Is it the roominess, the resort amenities, the staff, is it the recent refurbishment with better quality furniture, does it have particularly good beds, or gardens, is there a lot to do in the vicinity? And on an on. If you add just a few words every few days to your ad will keep it on the first page or first few pages.

Good Luck!

Jim