• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Somewhat Urgent -I wish to sell my timeshare before October Maintenance Fees begin.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Presidential Villas Plantation Resort, Surfside, SC
I own my timeshare at Presidential Villas - Plantation Resort, Surfside Beach SC. I cannot continue to keep up these main. fees now that my husband is gone and I'm not able to come to this very pretty place. Do hope your website can ease my concern - Really need to sell it. Have advertised locally--"bites" but nothing came of it. Thanks, Louise Marie

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Sell? or Give Away? It might move faster if offered for little to no fee on the Bargain Deals heading of this site?

Edited to add:
While I'm not familiar with your specific property, there is a 3BR unit offered on eBay right now with starting bid of $25, free closing and the seller is adding a $350 gift card. If only one bidder, the buyer could receive $325 to take the unit off the seller's hands. However, the unit in question is a float week w/out summer and no usage until 2019. Perhaps you have a better unit, season, availability, etc.

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding the resort mentioned, but will merely note that if time is of the essence here, a "giveaway" offer in the TUG Bargain Deals would likely be the most expedient route to part company with the ownership. Closing before October is already a somewhat ambitious timetable.

Otoh, if the unit / week has little or no market demand or value (I do not claim or presume to know, but it's at least a possibility), OP might very well have to pay the upcoming maintenance fee bill anyhow in order to "seal the deal" with a willing new "grantee". Closing costs (and who would pay them) is a smaller issue, but nonetheless still a part of transfer details to consider. Likewise for any "transfer fee" which the resort might impose for ownership transfers, separate and apart from other closing costs.

Last edited:

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thank you all for responding. (had difficulty getting back on computer). I would hope not to give it away and only hope to make enough to pay transfer fees and attorney also which I believe is $345. If I have to pay maintenance as well another $800 so that's not great for me. My week is Jan 6 - to May 12, 2018 then Sept. - Dec. again. I'm not supposed to advertise so hope I'm not doing that in this reply.
OP(?) means owner, I guess. Will check advice column mentioned. It's all NEW to me (a lot take in). Why so difficult to get out of Time Sharing, I don't know!
Thanks again. Louise Marie

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thank you all for responding. (had difficulty getting back on computer). I would hope not to give it away and only hope to make enough to pay transfer fees and attorney also which I believe is $345. If I have to pay maintenance as well another $800 so that's not great for me. My week is Jan 6 - to May 12, 2018 then Sept. - Dec. again. I'm not supposed to advertise so hope I'm not doing that in this reply.
OP(?) means owner, I guess. Will check advice column mentioned. It's all NEW to me (a lot take in). Why so difficult to get out of Time Sharing, I don't know!

OP= Original Poster. The person who asked the question everyone is replying to.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sell? or Give Away? It might move faster if offered for little to no fee on the Bargain Deals heading of this site?

Edited to add:
While I'm not familiar with your specific property, there is a 3BR unit offered on eBay right now with starting bid of $25, free closing and the seller is adding a $350 gift card. If only one bidder, the buyer could receive $325 to take the unit off the seller's hands. However, the unit in question is a float week w/out summer and no usage until 2019. Perhaps you have a better unit, season, availability, etc.
Thank you, Rhonda.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will have far more luck if you advertise it as "FREE."

You can ask the new owner to pay the transfer fees, and the next maintenance fee, but doing so will not help you sell it faster. The more you ask, the harder it will be to get rid of it.

You can use a timeshare title company to do the deed transfer.

This is who I use:

L.T. Transfers
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://www.lttransfers.com/
readylegal@gmail.com

How to give your timeshare away on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
You may list it in our Bargain section (linked in my earlier reply) requesting that the buyer pay the closing and transfer fees. You may not ask for repayment of current/past year dues where you consumed the usage week ... but you may ask for the future year to be the responsibility of the buyer as they benefit from the immediate use period.

You can do this! :)

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, let me understand: The usage week which is every other year will be in 2018 and the maintenance fees must begin to be paid in October 2017. My "free year" was 2016 when I could not visit. so I cannot ask for fees for rest of 2017 but for beginning 2018 in other words new owner pays half of maintenance fee total, I think. Correct?

You may list it in our Bargain section (linked in my earlier reply) requesting that the buyer pay the closing and transfer fees. You may not ask for repayment of current/past year dues where you consumed the usage week ... but you may ask for the future year to be the responsibility of the buyer as they benefit from the immediate use period.

You can do this! :)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, let me understand: The usage week which is every other year will be in 2018 and the maintenance fees must begin to be paid in October 2017. My "free year" was 2016 when I could not visit. so I cannot ask for fees for rest of 2017 but for beginning 2018 in other words new owner pays half of maintenance fee total, I think. Correct?
I believe that sounds correct -- but the admin/s of the Bargain board will provide guidance, if needed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just make sure you type the distinction between the first available usage year, and the mf being due!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Voluntarily deleted: I initially misunderstood the usage year / billing details. Brian is right that these details should / must be very clearly described.

Last edited:

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Voluntarily deleted: I initially misunderstood the usage year / billing details. Brian is right that these detail should / must be very clearly described.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Than
Okay, I will double check that --thank you.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello again- I am gathering information on transfer and attorney fees which combined are $365.00 through Plantation Resort where my timeshare is and the MF for the usage year of 2018 is approx. $840.00. I am waiting to hear from LT Transfers as to their total charges.
I need to know what to tell prospective new owners on Bargain website. I hope this works. Concerned as to how much I need to say in description.
Louise Marie

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For the ad description:
  • Full name of the resort
  • Resort location: what major area? what nearby attractions?
  • Exchange Affiliation: What is the RCI and/or II code for this resort?
  • Unit info: Unit size, Occupancy, Fixed/Float? Float season? Even/odd year?
  • Maintenance fees
  • Transfer fees. Who is responsible for what during the transfer process.
  • Transfer process. Provide a quick rundown of how the transfer will be conducted and name the players, if you have chosen them (escrow? title company? etc.)
  • Special Benefits: Any known special benefits that will transfer to the new owner such as Day Use, Exchange Priority, Bonus Time, etc.?
  • Resort Amenities: Swimming pools, spa, tennis courts, etc.
  • Link to the resort's website?
  • Sell it! Give some glossy text that causes the reader to drool! ;-)
Of the above, I'd suggest the headings in BOLD are the minimum you should consider including. Use the other topics, if positive info, to create the "sizzle."

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am gathering information on transfer and attorney fees which combined are $365.00 through Plantation Resort where my timeshare is and the MF for the usage year of 2018 is approx. $840.00. I am waiting to hear from LT Transfers as to their total charges.
I need to know what to tell prospective new owners on Bargain website. I hope this works. Concerned as to how much I need to say in description.
Louise Marie

You've gotten some good suggestions above on what to provide for details in your posting. I would only add that if it is a fixed week / unit with a noteworthy view, do not neglect to mention that feature. The more information you provide, the fewer questions you'll to have to individually answer (over and over).

For whatever it's worth, you can be confident that LT Transfer fees will likely be right around (perhaps slightly less than) $200 total. The other costs you've identified are separate and apart from LTT fees. You will of course first need to find a willing new recipient before closing details become relevant. Good luck.

Last edited:

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will take your comments into consideration. Thank You. LM

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello -I posted my ad yesterday on the Bargain Deals Website only to find that their are several others going back to 2015 for FREE at my timeshare location with similar descriptions (3 bedroom lockout) This is quite disconcerting as I expected I had something to offer and I appear to be competing with so many. I don't think they would be showing there if they had been sold. I have questioned the owner of one and await his reply. However, Don't see how this will work in my favor. Any thoughts? Also will I be alerted by email re my ad or do I just keep checking. Thanks. LM

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not worry about old posts - most people won't even see them, because most people only look at the Ads on the first couple of pages - not posts from 2015. A post from 2015 will be many, many pages in the back.

I recommend that you give it a chance - it's free and you have nothing to lose. However, as we advised earlier, it's unrealistic to expect a quick resolution, expecially since you waited a couple of weeks to post your Ad.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Availability: Even yrs (2018) (Red Season-Fixed) Jan. 6th thru May 12, 2018 then Sept. 29th thru Dec. 29th. (with RCI membership ($99) can be used odd years if rooms available)
This description, from your ad on the Bargain Basement, sounds more like a FLOAT week than a FIXED week. A Fixed week is generally one specific number falling between 1 - 53 or, perhaps, a named holiday week.

Louise Marie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, when I did a search on the Bargain website it brought everything up for Presidential Villas going back to 2015. I did receive a reply from the TS in question. I guess patience is needed. Thank you for responding. LM

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think most people do a search - I think that most of the time people browse the first 2-3 pages to see what is available.

I would not be worried about old Ads at all - I don't think they have any impact on your Ad.