• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smuggs VT 2bdrm free to good home

Debspace

Reaction score
Smugglers Notch Resort - Vermont
www.smuggs.com
Building: Aspen Highlands
2 bedroom/2 bath (sleeps 8)
mountain view
building has own heated pool and exercise room
2 weeks: 1 fixed, 1 float
fixed week 34 (late August)
Maintenance $817/week
aspens2bdrm.php

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
www.smuggs.com
mountain view
Maintenance $817/week
aspens2bdrm.php

Has this been converted to RCI Points or Wyndham Points???

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
www.smuggs.com
mountain view
Maintenance $817/week
aspens2bdrm.php

Have you posted on the Smuggs Owners Facebook page as well?

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do Wyndham and RCI points affect weeks ownerships for the float week? Is this a package deal, or are the float and fixed offered separately?

Can anyone confirm the maintenance fees? Seems low but I've no knowledge of Smuggs or Wyndham.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
How do Wyndham and RCI points affect weeks ownerships for the float week? Is this a package deal, or are the float and fixed offered separately?

Can anyone confirm the maintenance fees? Seems low but I've no knowledge of Smuggs or Wyndham.

I don't own there but have friends that do.

The maint fee as stated in the first post is per week. So $817ish times two every year. This is not optional, it is a two week package deal.

The primary week is fixed week fixed unit.
The float week apparently has an assigned rotation in the fall and spring weeks. People either purchased a winter or a summer fixed week.

If your week is not in RCI points or Wyndham points you get what you own, your assigned week/unit and the floated based on a rotation (Owner will need to elaborate)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

The fixed and floater are "attached". You have to buy both- that is how Smuggs sold them and how they are deeded. The floater weeks are pre-assigend and are different every year and you are given a calender for like 20 years out so you always know when your floaters will fall, making planning easy.

For example, this year our floater falls the first week of June. Next year it falls in Sept. We are using those weeks there as both are a great time of year in Vermont. Last year, our floater fell the first week of November 2015 (blue) We decided to exchange it through Trading Places International for a Sept. week (pink) at Pollard Brook (where we just so happen to also own). We scored that in January 2015 for Sept. 2015.

I own a 2 bedroom in Sycamores (for 17 years)- similar to Aspens- and I pay close about $875 per week maintenance fees now. OP says hers is $817 per week.

You can exchange either of them in RCI weeks or any of the independent exchange companies. Our family went all over the country on the floater weeks, including Hawaii. We only exchanged our red week 30 once- and that was for Hawaii -also combined with a "white" floater for 2 weeks in Hawaii.

The rest of the floaters we exchanged when our son was in school and were either pink or white, and maybe one blue as they have very few blues. We mostly exchanged into summer weeks, spring, an Easter week and a few fall weeks. We even exchanged into 3 bedroom units a couple of times. Now we usually always use our floaters as we like the off seasons, but occasionally we exchange them through the free memberships with the Independent exchange companies, as we no longer bother with RCI, saving the membership fee and higher exchange fees.

Last edited:

Debspace

Reaction score
Thanks MaryAnn! Well explained.
Chose not to buy into points. These 2 weeks are bankable thru RCI (or whichever program you choose) for exchange as weeks.
Fixed week is always week 34. We have a calendar of weeks that show each years float week for week 34 ownership.

Debspace

Reaction score
No, but will do. Had been planning on it.
Thanks for the reminder.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
No, but will do. Had been planning on it.
Thanks for the reminder.

Looks like you might have someone interested already on that Facebook page.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks GrayFal and mpumilia for your helpful detailed replies. The fixed week would be fine, but we wouldn't be able to use a mystery float week due to inflexible work schedules. We make our TSs work with the current float weeks we own but we are able to choose our weeks.

Debspace

Reaction score
There is a published schedule of float weeks that goes out for a number of years. So the floats are not really a mystery. If that helps?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you post the float week schedule here?

I went to the Smuggs website but could not find such a 20-year schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Debspace

Reaction score
Can you post the float week schedule here?

I went to the Smuggs website but could not find such a 20-year schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Smuggs float week schedules are available to owners logged in via their site.

The float weeks for 2017-2030 that correspond to fixed week 34 for this unit are:
2017: 40
2018: 14
2019: 20
2020: 36
2021: 50
2022: 46
2023: 48
2024: 38
2025: 37
2026: 49
2027: 14
2028: 23
2029: 37
2030: 43

Debspace

Reaction score
The unit is still available for sale. But has been banked for this summer's week 34.