TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Small resorts?

Discussion in 'About TUG BBS' started by PClapham, Jan 4, 2017.

1. PClapham

PClapham TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I am very distressed with tug - I can no longer find anything here. Once I had followed a thread which listed members' fsvorite locafions which usually was with small resorts, tried to save a way to find it again and the watched thread label says I am not following anything. On the old system I followed 24 threads. I am definitely computer challenged but had no problems with the old system. Can anyone show me how to find the discussion of favorite resorts which seemed to be mostly small ones?

Thank you

Anita

2. BellaWyn

BellaWyn TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Maybe Brian or Doug can check your Member info that showed those followed threads before the new software upgrade went into place. Not sure how hard that would be but am confident they will have backups of the old software versions. They are both just too good not to have backups.

Send them a PM and see what they can do to help maybe reset you. Have always found both to be amazingly helpful with this kind of stuff.

3. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I found your thread. Go to search forum and key in favorite small resorts and your Tug user name PClapham.

4. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

to answer your other question, "watched" threads from the old forum did not port over in the migration and will have to be re-watched again here on the new forum. simply click the link at the top right hand corner of the thread titled "watch thread" to add it back to your watch list.

it is the same functionality that existed on the old forum.

BellaWyn likes this.
  6. PClapham

I did this previously and it did not work for me

7. PClapham

How can I follow/ save this thread? Why is this new form so much more difficult? I'm very frustrated- loved the old tug.

Anita

I guess I'm just not good at updating anything....

8. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    While in any thread you want to follow (on this software you "watch" the thread), above the first post at the top of the page click the "watch thread" link. Then to return to your watched threads, in the blue link bar at the top of the page click "watched threads".

This is new bbs software. You learned the old software, you can learn the new software.

9. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

not sure what you typed in, but this is what i typed to come up with the link i posted in the earlier reply.

the search feature is for all intents and purposes exactly the same as it was for vbulletin.

10. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

you had to click a button to watch a thread in the old forum, its the same here in the new one.

here is a screenshot highlighting the link. watchthread.png

11. Ty1on

Ty1on TUG Member

That is a great thread and I'm glad you asked about it.

12. PClapham

Thanks. Brian- a challenged one!

Anita

TUGBrian likes this.
  13. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

no problem at all, even we had to do a bit of relearning how to do things we had done since the mid 2000s with vbulletin!