• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Small contract

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
im trying to pick up a small contract (25-50 points). I'm signed up on a few websites, but the small ones seem to be gone before I can put my offer in!
Anyone know any sites. I put a wish ad on TUG, and I've checked EBAY but no luck.
Do you think more people sell their contracts after the summer when school is I'll get back to you in session?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mahalo

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those under 51 point contracts are the hardest to find ... I brought a resale 90 point AKV contract years ago... just before the restrictions started. Since, I do the every 3 year booking for a vacation .. it works out just fine for me.

You could try various resellers let them know WHAT you are looking for ... but expect to not get a low price for that privilege or find out they will only put you are their email notice list.

If you want all the options Disney Vacation Club offers, buy DIRECTLY from Disney for that small contract ... at the resort you want.

ADDED: Our profile photos are VERY similar ... mine is from Pompano Beach while staying a Wyndham's Royal Vista resort.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps incorrectly, I assume that you are looking to add on to your current resort in your current use year. If so, my advice (which I almost never give) is to buy direct from Disney. The alternative is looking at 5-10 websites each and every day for the foreseeable future to get the 25-50 point contract you want. Then hoping that no one beats you to it or makes a higher offer while you are still negotiating with the seller/broker. The 'spread' between direct and resale on a 25 point contract is around $1,500. At 10 websites per day and 150 days that's a $1 per 'look'.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
For a 25 point add on, I would be tempted to buy direct from Disney if you are already a DVC member. When you buy direct from Disney you do not have to deal with stripped contracts either. I look for resale contract inventory to pick up in the fall.

I recently picked up a 50 point resale SSR contract in our use year from The Timeshare Store. I spotted it when it hit the website and was actually surprised to get it! So you just never know.

DisneyDenis

Reaction score
I spotted and extremely unusual situation: 3 individual 15 point Aulani contracts with April UY. All zero points 2017 and full (15) points on all for 2018 forward.
I think you can get a discount on closing costs buying all 3. I did not think DVD sold under 25 points, but guess it happened when someone bought 45 point and split into 3 !!
Check out vacatia.com

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Those under 51 point contracts are the hardest to find ... I brought a resale 90 point AKV contract years ago... just before the restrictions started. Since, I do the every 3 year booking for a vacation .. it works out just fine for me.

You could try various resellers let them know WHAT you are looking for ... but expect to not get a low price for that privilege or find out they will only put you are their email notice list.

If you want all the options Disney Vacation Club offers, buy DIRECTLY from Disney for that small contract ... at the resort you want.

ADDED: Our profile photos are VERY similar ... mine is from Pompano Beach while staying a Wyndham's Royal Vista resort.
Mine is Maui in front of the Westin KAANAPALI

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
For a 25 point add on, I would be tempted to buy direct from Disney if you are already a DVC member. When you buy direct from Disney you do not have to deal with stripped contracts either. I look for resale contract inventory to pick up in the fall.

I recently picked up a 50 point resale SSR contract in our use year from The Timeshare Store. I spotted it when it hit the website and was actually surprised to get it! So you just never know.
I don't own DVC yet, I'll keep checking

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
I spotted and extremely unusual situation: 3 individual 15 point Aulani contracts with April UY. All zero points 2017 and full (15) points on all for 2018 forward.
I think you can get a discount on closing costs buying all 3. I did not think DVD sold under 25 points, but guess it happened when someone bought 45 point and split into 3 !!
Check out vacatia.com
I sent them an email

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
As far as I know, DVC does not sell contracts in anything less than 25 point increments. I have never heard of a 15 point contract - but if that Aulani 15 point contract is not a typo, you could barely reserve one night in a studio with only 15 points.

By the way, you can buy 50 points direct from Disney as a first time purchaser. I had a friend that bought a 50 point contract direct as a first DVC purchase - she purchased 50 points at Old Key West with the 2057 expiration.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah...that makes your search substantially easier.
Theoretically more contracts come on the market in late fall/early winter (just before or after MFs are due) but because DVC has their contracts start in 8 different months (oddly called Use Years) you don't get quite the same year end rush as in other timeshare systems.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out vacatia.com
They have at times, usually when piecing together a package from ROFR points or for BLT to compensate for the reallocation prior to opening.

For 25 I'd agree with littlestar's suggestion but for a non owner, the options are different. One could buy in, do an add on then sell the resale purchase. I'd suggest being very careful about buying so small going in. It's rarely a good choice today. Before last years changes some regular timeshare folks would buy 25 points to get perks & a respite location while in the area but this doesn't work as well now since you don't get the perks resale currently. For most looking smaller, adding more and renting occasionally is often the best choice rather than buying super small. What is your ultimate plan, what are you trying to accomplish?

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
They have at times, usually when piecing together a package from ROFR points or for BLT to compensate for the reallocation prior to opening.

For 25 I'd agree with littlestar's suggestion but for a non owner, the options are different. One could buy in, do an add on then sell the resale purchase. I'd suggest being very careful about buying so small going in. It's rarely a good choice today. Before last years changes some regular timeshare folks would buy 25 points to get perks & a respite location while in the area but this doesn't work as well now since you don't get the perks resale currently. For most looking smaller, adding more and renting occasionally is often the best choice rather than buying super small. What is your ultimate plan, what are you trying to accomplish?
I live in central Florida about an hour from WDW. I like to stay overnight, just one or two nights, when I go to WDW. I get Florida resident discounts, I buy the annual pass so I don't really need the perks that come with direct purchase, I have owned other time shares in the past, Wyndham and currently Vistana, I wanted to "dip my toe" into the DVC water. I tried once to buy a small contract from DVC but got nowhere with that. I have a small family that visits occasionally so studio or at most one bedroom is all I need. I may have to up my purchase to 75 but if I do I want to buy one of the older resorts. There is a Poly 50 point out there for $140 a point, but at that price I could go direct.

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
As far as I know, DVC does not sell contracts in anything less than 25 point increments. I have never heard of a 15 point contract - but if that Aulani 15 point contract is not a typo, you could barely reserve one night in a studio with only 15 points.

By the way, you can buy 50 points direct from Disney as a first time purchaser. I had a friend that bought a 50 point contract direct as a first DVC purchase - she purchased 50 points at Old Key West with the 2057 expiration.
I investigated that once with the salesperson they assigned to me, but got nowhere.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in central Florida about an hour from WDW. I like to stay overnight, just one or two nights, when I go to WDW. I get Florida resident discounts, I buy the annual pass so I don't really need the perks that come with direct purchase, I have owned other time shares in the past, Wyndham and currently Vistana, I wanted to "dip my toe" into the DVC water. I tried once to buy a small contract from DVC but got nowhere with that. I have a small family that visits occasionally so studio or at most one bedroom is all I need. I may have to up my purchase to 75 but if I do I want to buy one of the older resorts. There is a Poly 50 point out there for $140 a point, but at that price I could go direct.
You can buy 50 retail if you want including sold out resorts other than you MAY not be able to get Copper Creek but certainly can Poly. Given the intricacies of small contracts and the minimal $$$ difference at 50 points for Poly, I'd still consider retail there. For your situation are you going to be able to plan at least 7 months out? Most going as you plan are doing more short notice which is getting more and more difficult and is not a viable plan IMO. I'm questioning whether DVC makes sense at all. You can always find someone to rent from on a regular basis.
I investigated that once with the salesperson they assigned to me, but got nowhere.
You can buy 50 retail. If that works for you, call them again.

paluamalia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
You can buy 50 retail if you want including sold out resorts other than you MAY not be able to get Copper Creek but certainly can Poly. Given the intricacies of small contracts and the minimal $$$ difference at 50 points for Poly, I'd still consider retail there. For your situation are you going to be able to plan at least 7 months out? Most going as you plan are doing more short notice which is getting more and more difficult and is not a viable plan IMO. I'm questioning whether DVC makes sense at all. You can always find someone to rent from on a regular basis.
You can buy 50 retail. If that works for you, call them again.
Ok

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

paluamalia

TUG Member