*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Silly ?? Guest & Robot

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by AnnaS, Feb 17, 2017.

1. AnnaS

AnnaS TUG Member

I just noticed to the right "members on-line". I also see tuests and robots - since I am clueless when it comes to tech/internet talk :shrug: what is the difference between a guest and a robot.
    TIA

2. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    Guests are merely those who visit the site but aren't logged in, or someone who hasn't joined the site. Most every online forum has many guests, and fewer members, unless it is a private forum with an invited list of readers. A robot is a web "spider" program that reads websites for purposes of indexing key words and listing things on search engines. If you've ever done a search on Google for a term and had Tug show up with a thread posted earlier that same day, the robots are the reason. So it's kind of a necessary thing to keep the site viable. They're harmless, and do a good service, overall.

Dave

Karen G and AnnaS like this.
  3. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Might I borrow one of those "robots" to help me shovel snow? My back is getting sore from all the white stuff over the past week. ;)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    DaveNW and mpumilia like this.
  4. AnnaS

AnnaS TUG Member

Thank you Dave. Wow - now I know how all the info. gets accumulated, compiled, searched, etc. I am glad I asked - I learned something today and you explained so I can understand it too. Much appreciated!!!!

DaveNW likes this.
  5. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    Thanks. I'm happy to help. :thumbup: I know how frustrating it can be to hear terms that make no sense. I work in a large hospital complex where annoying buzz words fly like mosquitoes. I work with people who must study the latest language twists just so they can impress the rest of us with how current they are. If I was a trendy kind of guy, I'd say they really want to be "on fleek." :)

Dave