• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Flex/Home Options on Ebay

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Is it OK to post what we paid in here? If so, I can provide a developer price point for comparison.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can list retail prices but these really aren't comparable because resale home option can never be used as Staroptions. They can't book outside of the resorts in the Sheraton Flex trust.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Hands out grains of salt, you know, because sales people ...

We were offered 81K Home Options EOY-Even in Flex initially for 25% off - a "special offer" because we were new owners at WKORV, at $17,500. When we hesitated and asked a bunch of questions, that came down to $15K.

As noted above, resale vs developer purchase.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Hands out grains of salt, you know, because sales people ...

We were offered 81K Home Options EOY-Even in Flex initially for 25% off - a "special offer" because we were new owners at WKORV, at $17,500. When we hesitated and asked a bunch of questions, that came down to $15K.

As noted above, resale vs developer purchase.

The developer prices aren't negotiable, so the decrease to $15K was likely due to realizing that you qualified for owner biennial pricing, which is typically 55% of the annual price.

Since it has been well documented that 148,100 Flex HomeOptions sells retail for about $51K, then 81,000 HOs should sell for about $27,900 and an EOY ownership should sell for about $15,300.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The developer prices aren't negotiable, so the decrease to $15K was likely due to realizing that you qualified for owner biennial pricing, which is typically 55% of the annual price.

Since it has been well documented that 148,100 Flex HomeOptions sells retail for about $51K, then 81,000 HOs should sell for about $27,900 and an EOY ownership should sell for about $15,300.

Yep. Grain of salt. Sales people ... :rolleyes:
Lesson learned.
If we buy more, it will be resale at a mandatory resort - unless ILG changes all the rules.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's priced quite high, but does have a make an offer option as well.
This is the first time I have seen Sheraton Flex Home Options on the secondary market of ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sheraton-Flex-Program-95-700-HomeOptions-Use-at-6-Starwood-Resorts-/201572280412

Someone reported this post. It is only a violation of the TUG posting rules to post links to your OWN auctions. It is perfectly OK to post links for discussion purposes. Plus the OP is a long-time TUG member and an active participant. ;)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, its not mine and I am certainly not suggesting or encouraging anyone to buy it. It's just sort of interesting when new products start making it onto the resale market.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, its not mine and I am certainly not suggesting or encouraging anyone to buy it. It's just sort of interesting when new products start making it onto the resale market.

I agree - thanks for posting!

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
Will Starwood honor the resale???

As far as I know, these new type of points are only for full fledged members who purchased directly through Starwood, will they accept a resale and treat it the same as if purchased directly through them?? How does mandatory and non mandatory fit into this resale??

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, these new type of points are only for full fledged members who purchased directly through Starwood, will they accept a resale and treat it the same as if purchased directly through them?? How does mandatory and non mandatory fit into this resale??
Nope, you can resell your share in the trust.

The trust is voluntary but has access to the 6 (?) resorts not just the one of the old voluntary resort sales.

You would need to retro to get those points to work at the other 13 resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Someone reported this post. It is only a violation of the TUG posting rules to post links to your OWN auctions. It is perfectly OK to post links for discussion purposes. Plus the OP is a long-time TUG member and an active participant. ;)

There is an unwritten rule where people won't usually post a link to an active auction as some people may be watching and bidding and don't want the unwanted attention. Of course, this situation wouldn't apply. I doubt anyone is clamoring to bid on this auction given the resale limitations on flex along with the price.

I have one question, are you still able to book a week through Flex and then exchange though II or get some kind of II deposit in exchange for your HomeOptions?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is an unwritten rule where people won't usually post a link to an active auction as some people may be watching and bidding and don't want the unwanted attention.

In this case the reporting party stated that they thought maybe it was the OP's auction.

I have one question, are you still able to book a week through Flex and then exchange though II or get some kind of II deposit in exchange for your HomeOptions?

You can't do this with Starwood resorts: You are not permitted to book a week and deposit it with II, unless you own a true fixed week.

If you own any kind of floating week, when you deposit with II, you get a generic credit to exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You can't do this with Starwood resorts: You are not permitted to book a week and deposit it with II, unless you own a true fixed week.

If you own any kind of floating week, when you deposit with II, you get a generic credit to exchange.

I do understand that. What I was trying to ask, can you exchange Flex HomeOptions through II in some way shape or form?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do understand that. What I was trying to ask, can you exchange Flex HomeOptions through II in some way shape or form?

Yes - There is a thread about it here somewhere.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes - There is a thread about it here somewhere.

I found this in the Flex Options F.A.Q. thread.

Can Sheraton Flex ownerships be deposited into Interval International?

Yes. You can deposit in several popular increments of HomeOptions, which have varying trading power depending on the number of HomeOptions deposited.

Not a lot of details, to be expected for a new program where very few Tuggers have bought in to yet. I would be interested in more details if available in another thread. Not that I am planning on bidding on that auction.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As far as I know, no Tuggers have done this yet.

It's kind of over-kill to use a mandatory resort with Star/Home/Options for Interval, when you can use them for an SVN exchange instead. It's not really a good use of an (expensive) mandatory resort.

For a II trader, you would be better off buying a voluntary resale week.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there were any takers.

Maintenance fees are high relative to amount of flex options. You could get mandatory staroptions of 148.1k at Kierland for same maintenance fees

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or buy a prime lock off in bella or key west, have staroptions you can use system wide at 8 months- get the same number of options to use at those resorts and a much lower buy in for the same MF's. The only location that may not be available with SO's would be prime ski weeks at Steamboat but I don't know how available they would be with home options during that season either.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
As far as I know, no Tuggers have done this yet.

It's kind of over-kill to use a mandatory resort with Star/Home/Options for Interval, when you can use them for an SVN exchange instead. It's not really a good use of an (expensive) mandatory resort.

For a II trader, you would be better off buying a voluntary resale week.

I guess I was asking more from a voluntary property standpoint. Since the buyer of resale HomeOptions wouldn't have the ability to use SOs at 8 months, I was wondering if II was still an option.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess I was asking more from a voluntary property standpoint. Since the buyer of resale HomeOptions wouldn't have the ability to use SOs at 8 months, I was wondering if II was still an option.

Since it's so much more expensive than buying a standard voluntary week, why would you want to?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Since it's so much more expensive than buying a standard voluntary week, why would you want to?

Obviously expensive based on the price in that auction, but there may be cheaper ones come along after many years of being out on the market. I would still agree, it is better to just buy a voluntary resort. Are these HomeOptions going to be unsellable?