• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Sell Wyndham timeshare but keep RCI account with points?

asdfasdf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. My family has recently downsized to one income so that my wife can stay home with our baby. I'm considering selling our timeshare but was wondering what would happen to our RCI account and points that have been deposited. I have 300,000 points that cost about $154 a month to maintain. Another thought that crossed my mind was to attempt to rent out my points? Any help would be appreciated. I called both Wyndham and RCI and both reps put me on hold and when they came back they didn't seem too sure about their answers. Thanks in advance.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe if you sell all of your Wyndham deeds that you will lose your RCI account, because it is paid for out of your Wyndham MFs. You cannot rent out anything you obtain via RCI.

asdfasdf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I called RCI again and they said that as long as I had points deposited in the account it would remain open. I'll ask again in email so that I have it in writing just in case. I don't want to rent out anything from RCI. I was wondering about the viability of paying my maintenance fees by renting out reservations I made with my Wyndham points.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I called RCI again and they said that as long as I had points deposited in the account it would remain open. I'll ask again in email so that I have it in writing just in case. I don't want to rent out anything from RCI. I was wondering about the viability of paying my maintenance fees by renting out reservations I made with my Wyndham points.
Renting out timeshares to others is time consuming, and unless I would even consider it unless I had 1.5 million club wynham points because it takes just a bit more time to rent out 15 weeks as it does 3 (assuming you can rent out a week using 100k points).
Since it seems that you are a new father (you said that you have a baby) I'd recommend against spending time in what will probably be a money losing activity (renting timeshares). Instead, see if you can simply sell your contract and focus on what's really important (your baby).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If YOU sell all your Wyndham contracts, your Wyndham RCI account goes AWAY. And your RCI & Wyndham reservations go AWAY. The Wyndhm RCI points account is paid for by Wyndham.

No ownership of Wyndham in your name .. no Wyndham RCI account.