• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sedona with kids?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Is Sedona a kid-friendly destination? Our kids are 8 and 11. We're looking for a new place to go for Spring Break. We loved San Antonio this past spring break and we're looking for an area that would be similarly engaging for the kids. We come from FL so heat doesn't put us off. Our spring break is in April. Thanks!

We just returned from Sedona and while you've been given some good advice already, it might help if you told us a bit more about what your kids do (and don't) enjoy. Downtown Sedona is packed with trinket shops and restaurants - if you're likely to spend a bit of time there, I suspect your kids will be quickly restless. On the other hand, if you family likes hiking, you can really have a great time in Sedona with all the hiking options. The Grand Canyon is cool but will 8 and 11 year olds really appreciate it? How will you feel if you spend the time to get to the Grand Canyon and your kids view it and pretty much have a Griswold moment?

I am glad we went to Sedona to see it (as I'll pretty much go anyplace - once) but there really is a sameness to the place that engulfs you after a day or two. All the red rocks are fascinating, and the shapes do require a bit of imagination investment but after awhile it does run together and every rock begins to take on the sameness. Please don't misunderstand, Sedona is worth visiting but a week there be more than needed - depending on what your kids enjoy.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Sedona and while you've been given some good advice already, it might help if you told us a bit more about what your kids do (and don't) enjoy. Downtown Sedona is packed with trinket shops and restaurants - if you're likely to spend a bit of time there, I suspect your kids will be quickly restless. On the other hand, if you family likes hiking, you can really have a great time in Sedona with all the hiking options. The Grand Canyon is cool but will 8 and 11 year olds really appreciate it? How will you feel if you spend the time to get to the Grand Canyon and your kids view it and pretty much have a Griswold moment?

I am glad we went to Sedona to see it (as I'll pretty much go anyplace - once) but there really is a sameness to the place that engulfs you after a day or two. All the red rocks are fascinating, and the shapes do require a bit of imagination investment but after awhile it does run together and every rock begins to take on the sameness. Please don't misunderstand, Sedona is worth visiting but a week there be more than needed - depending on what your kids enjoy.

That's pretty much why we haven't done the Grand Canyon yet...it's a long flight for my kids to have a Griswold moment lol. We aren't really hikers, and my youngest is, well, young. She isn't going to last long on hikes through the Grand Canyon or anything. The more we look into it, the more we think Sedona probably isn't the best place for spring break. We may instead do Vegas and do the Grand Canyon from there for a daytrip or an overnight if that's possible.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have to disagree with bbodb1. We were there with our son when he was young and the week flew by. There is a lot to see; a lot to do. We are not big on hiking or the heat, but we did go on one small and easy and quick early morning hike in the red rocks and our son, loved it. He liked Montezuma. We all loved the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest National Park. The crater in Flagstaff. Everything. Had down time in the resort pool. It's only a week- not a month.