• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching for DVC on RCI

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of how many TPUs each resort and week you can get??? Lets say a Grandview, 2 bedroom, in March.

I gave the Grandview as an example because I have stayed there on Extra Vacations when I visit my sister in Vegas.

Right now I have no RCI traders. I sold, or gave away, all of them three years ago when my husband died. I thought I should sell everything and I did. I figured, erroneously, that I would never travel again.

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple of matches for the week of Feb 21, one at Old Key West and this morning at Animal Kingdom. The TPUs were 40 for a one bedroom. I thought that was extremely high, actually.

I've thrown them back - I'm only doing research for my son's trip in early 2015.

Yea , I got a match at Animal Kingdom (1 BR) for Feb 22. Boo, it was 40 TPU's. Yea, I took it (flights are already booked) . Boo, it was 40 TPU's.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
Why are they so high for those 2 weeks in Feb?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a confirmation into a 2BR at BLT the first week of March. It was 46 TPU. A couple weeks ago, I got the same week for 28 TPU. (I'm keeping both of them, and might even pick up a third if I get a chance. Friends are joining us!)

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a confirmation into a 2BR at BLT the first week of March. It was 46 TPU. A couple weeks ago, I got the same week for 28 TPU. (I'm keeping both of them, and might even pick up a third if I get a chance. Friends are joining us!)

Quite a discrepancy for getting them two weeks apart. I've always thought about trying to get an Animal Kingdom with Savannah view for me & the DW. 46 TPU's is doable, but I'd sure rather pay 28 TPU's. Is the 46 unusually high?

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quite a discrepancy for getting them two weeks apart. I've always thought about trying to get an Animal Kingdom with Savannah view for me & the DW. 46 TPU's is doable, but I'd sure rather pay 28 TPU's. Is the 46 unusually high?

Well we stayed at OKW for 3 weeks Sept. 2012 ,2 BR TPUs were 45.
Went back and stayed at OKW, SSR, & BWV for a month ,June-July 2013, all 2 BRs, TPUs were 29 for 1st 2 weeks & TPUs were 35 for our last 2 weeks
Really crazy how the TPUs fluctuate.
Considering Sept. is slower season and we forked out more TPUs for Sept. than June/July, it really doesn't have any rhyme or reason.:shrug:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has varied quite a bit over the years. I've seen (and got) 2BR units for under 25 TPU (mostly in the beginning) and have even seen last minute exchanges as low as 10. Then it rose several times. Recently, we've seen some big drops in TPU requirements. Then a couple weeks ago, a big spike.

As long as the demand is there (and it is -- bulk deposits are usually entirely gone within hours!), I would expect it to continue to rise. The drops have been surprising to me.

Right now is the highest I've seen.