• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seans Timeshare (seans0302)

vns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
I won a ebay bid listed by Sean's timeshare (seans0302). I am trying to contact him by email to request for Marriotts finance estoppel. Haven't heard back.
Does anyone have his phonenumber ? If so could you please send it to me in a private message. Thanks in advance.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would wait until Monday. He does not like doing business over the phone and I don't think he works weekends or late on Fridays. If you are not wanting to pay until you see the estoppel sean is going to give you a refund if it doesn't check out.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not have good experience with Sean. "Bought" a 1 Br on ebay and they deeded me a studio. Took more than 6 month to unravel and I still lost time and money. Read the paperwork and ask for a copy of the deed before they record it. Double check everything.

vns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Thank you both for your inputs.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many tuggers have bought from sean. Mostly good reviews. Funtime is right though. You need to do your own due diligence. Listings with errors are commonplace and sean is no exception. I pointed out to him one time that his eBay listing was wrong and his answer was simply "then don't bid". On the flip side I bought a unit from him not too long ago for $5k and I didn't have any issues but I did check everything including the existing deed which was in the name of the company owner.

vns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I just received the estoppel from Sean. Everything checks in the Usage Estoppel as per listing. But there are two components in the Finance Estoppel (from Jan 20th, 2017) that I am concerned about.
There is Maintenance fee, which should have been paid by now(Since it's generally due in January)
There is also an Account Balance which shows as Maintenance fee + a few 10 dollars !!!
Is Account Balance a balance from previous year (2016) + interest and fine ?
Should I be concerned ?

Also, please advise when is the right time to ask for a copy of an existing deed ? Is it before or after paying and signing the contract?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You'll sign a purchase agreement to continue with the sale. It will contain your information and how you'd like the deed to be assigned, to you or joint ownership etc.
What probably happened is the seller did not pay his maintenance fees for 2017. The $10 is a late fee. I don't think Sean can force an owner to pay the maintenance fees if he doesn't want to. But the details of the sale should have been listed in the auction description. If not, make sure you understand the fees written in the estoppel.

I've purchased multiple timeshares from Sean throughout the years. I think he's an honest seller and I'd buy from him again. There was a big problem a few years ago. He found me a much better timeshare and he ate the purchase price and the closing costs. So yes, I recommend Sean!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Asking the seller or broker for the deed would not be a normal practice. You can get it yourself from most counties otherwise let the closing company do their job. Any legitimate closing company will not prepare a deed without a copy of the existing.

Take a usage estoppel with a grain of salt. Any owner can take usage after that estoppel is prepared. This is why it's important to buy from a known seller that will make it right if it ends up being different than stated in the contract. I don't even bother asking for an estoppel.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with Sean and it started with the Estopple. I forget which resort it was but I won a two bedroom lockoff. The Estopple said it was a two bedroom lockoff. After we closed I found out it was a standard two bedroom. It was a crazy mixup but I had to notarized the deed and sign it back over to the seller. For this, Sean gave me any of his timeshares I wanted and he paid the closing fees. I came out way ahead but it was very aggravating at the time. But he was a man of his word and he came through for me.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with Sean and it started with the Estopple. I forget which resort it was but I won a two bedroom lockoff. The Estopple said it was a two bedroom lockoff. After we closed I found out it was a standard two bedroom. It was a crazy mixup but I had to notarized the deed and sign it back over to the seller. For this, Sean gave me any of his timeshares I wanted and he paid the closing fees. I came out way ahead but it was very aggravating at the time. But he was a man of his word and he came through for me.
I have had nothing but good deals with Sean. I have never had a bad deal.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but good deals with Sean. I have never had a bad deal.
That's great. I like him too. But how many timeshares have you purchased from Sean. I ask because you quoted my post and said you've never had a bad deal with Sean. My post said that, although I did have one bad closing, out of perhaps 10 or 15 closings, Sean made it right and then some.

vns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
We just closed our 1st TS purchase of 2bd lockoff, platinum week MGV from Sean. Very good experience ! Ms Esther Padilla with the closing company was very good and was on top of things. I agree with the fact that getting replies from Sean requires a bit of patience, but he always gets back.

vns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
I have a question on reservation, I've paid and have 2017 usage, I've booked the last week of August because most of the platinum weeks were gone. How can I look at availability and change my booking. I see MGV is having some construction work starting Aug 20th and our checkin is on Aug 26th. If changing reservations is discussed in some thread, pls point me there.
I looked in weeks owner sticky but didn't find the info I'm looking for.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a great deal from Sean on a Maui unit. Slight hiccup with closing company making deed EOY instead of every year so we had to redo deed but that was handled fairly well.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question on reservation, I've paid and have 2017 usage, I've booked the last week of August because most of the platinum weeks were gone. How can I look at availability and change my booking. I see MGV is having some construction work starting Aug 20th and our checkin is on Aug 26th. If changing reservations is discussed in some thread, pls point me there.
I looked in weeks owner sticky but didn't find the info I'm looking for.

You have to call Marriott. There is no ability to browse availability and change your week online.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I purchased from Sean and he was very nice. From contract to closing it took 7 months, a little too long, but at a great price it was worth the wait.

shasha1000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none yet
I purchased Wyndham National Harbor from Sean and it has been 5 months since purchase. He now is NOT writing me back, and will not give me his phone number. I pointed out to him in the contract and on Ebay terms and conditions it states the deed will be delivered in "up to 90 days". I contacted Ebay, to no avail. Sean is no longer writing me back. After the 90 days was up, he wrote and said some transfers take over a year!!!! (Contradicting his own terms and conditions in the listing and contract). Global Resort Transfer, his exclusive closing agent (according to the purchase agreement) is rude and for the past 7 weeks, Elizabeth, who answers the phone, will only say "the deed is being recorded". I called the courthouse in the county where my home resort is, they have not recorded a deed in my name, I now have a call into Wyhdham. Can anyone give me a suggestion????

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will say this. National Harbor takes longer than any other Wyndham deed only because the deed has to be mailed in so your at the mercy of the county and then once you receive it back it has to be sent to Wyndham which is taking them around 3 months to update the account for whatever reason. Hopefully it will be recorded soon :)

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella

This is similar I'm going through right now. I just "won" an auction from seans0302 for EOY 95,700 staroptions 2BR at Sheraton Vistana Villages.
However, when he sent me the estoppel, it is for 2BR non lock-off and doesn't say the # of staroptions, but I know from charts it is 81,000. I've sent him several emails to clarify and haven't received a response. My contract is due back to him tomorrow.
I don't have the time to continually follow up on an error-ridden process, so I'm trying to determine whether to just give up now. I want to use it soon, not wait 7+ months to end up with the wrong ownership.
Any advice?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This is similar I'm going through right now. I just "won" an auction from seans0302 for EOY 95,700 staroptions 2BR at Sheraton Vistana Villages.
However, when he sent me the estoppel, it is for 2BR non lock-off and doesn't say the # of staroptions, but I know from charts it is 81,000. I've sent him several emails to clarify and haven't received a response. My contract is due back to him tomorrow.
I don't have the time to continually follow up on an error-ridden process, so I'm trying to determine whether to just give up now. I want to use it soon, not wait 7+ months to end up with the wrong ownership.
Any advice?

You already know that the unit was inaccurately described and is not the unit you want, you already understand that the error will be time consuming to fix, and you know you don't want to wait and be frustrated. So cancel the deal now.

(Note: I had a super quick and easy transaction with Sean a couple of years ago)

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve had great success with Sean but I would not send the contract back until your questions are answered.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advice?

Walk!

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advice?

Was it this auction? https://www.ebay.com/itm/95-700-STA...660707?hash=item2ce5d76963:g:JTcAAOSwGEJcb1ch

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Just to add to this thread for anyone new searching, although I have never purchased from seans0302, I was looking into him bc I was considering bidding on something. The closing company he uses, Global Resort Transfer has a long list of complaints against them including deeds recorded incorrectly among many other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk