TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Scottsdale or other AZ area activities in summer time

Discussion in 'US - Western States Timesharing' started by laurenb, Aug 12, 2017.

1. laurenb

laurenb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland Villas
    Hi All! I have an even year timeshare at The Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale and can't wait for 2018! My husband and I actually have a Platinum season 1br but we are some of the strange folks that love Arizona in the hottest season =) so we get 2 weeks for the price of 1. I am just curious if anyone has recommendations for an overnight trip. Last summer we did the Grand Canyon and stayed for a night. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for day outings or overnights. I've been considering Antelope Canyon. Thanks in advance!

2. nightnurse613

nightnurse613 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Sedona (day trip or overnight) is an obvious choice. Take a Pink Jeep tour, There are plenty of day hikes. Antelope Canyon is a great choice (stay in Sedona on your return for a night then go on a tour).

3. ottawasquaw

ottawasquaw TUG Member

Just thought of one if you like good eats! Overnight in Winslow at La Posada. Dine in their Turquoise Room. Lots of great dining in the Valley, but this is special if you like historical inns and such.

clifffaith and Luanne like this.
  4. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We have both stayed at, and eaten at, La Posada. It was one of the Harvey Hotels and has been fairly recently refurbished. The owner has also purchased another Harvey Hotel in Las Vegas (New Mexico) with plans to refurbish that as well.

If you are a train lover you will particularly enjoy eating there. During our dinner we were able to watch the trains go by. The food is very good, the rooms (at least the one we stayed in) was very small and quite noisy. I'm glad we stayed there once, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

http://laposada.org/

If you do get to Winslow, travel a bit farther west (about 18 miles) to see the Meteor Crater.

http://meteorcrater.com/

ottawasquaw likes this.
  5. zinger1457

zinger1457 Guest

Not many folks travel down to southeast Arizona but it's worth a two day trip. Places worth visiting along the way, Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, the wineries in Sonoita, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Tombstone (yes it's a tourist trap but worth 1 visit), Bisbee.

6. laurenb

laurenb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland Villas
    Thanks for all the ideas. I actually really like Tombstone! I think it's fun.

7. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

If I am remembering correctly and the Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson is actually a zoo, it is only open from about 7am until 12 or 1pm because it is so hot in the summer, so plan to go early. We stopped at Casa Grande ruins and the Biosphere enroute from Scottsdale to Tucson.

8. cgeidl

cgeidl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Visit Prescott,Cave Creek,Carefree, and Prescott. All make a good day trip. Also follow Apache Junction road and there a

9. tompalm

tompalm TUG Member

Agree. This is a must do if you haven't been there before. The weather will be just a little cooler and nice. Also, you can make it there and back in one day. But, spending one night will allow more time to see it all.