• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Say hello to my first Timeshare

d3n

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post and I am new to this community.

I just purchased my first timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway 2 days ago from eBay ($100 + closing $298) (MF already paid for this year)
The reason I bought this because of the low MF so I can take advantage of extra vacation and Last Call from RCI.

Here is the description of listing:

---------
Unit Size: 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath - Sleeps 8
Week Number: #46
Resort Check in Day(s): Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Week Rating: Red
Number of RCI Points: 74,000
Anniversary Date of Points: March 01 (every three years)
Ownership Type: Triennial Usage (every three years)
Ownership usage will begin: 2012
Estimated Maintenance Fee's $599.00
Maintenance Fee's: Due January 1st every three years
Closing Costs including Resort Transfer Fee: $298.00

Season Information
Time Dates
RED January 01, 2010 December 31, 2010

----------

Here are my questions

Did I make the right decision and am I getting a good deal here?
It said week number #46 and what does it mean by Red Jan/1/2010 to 12/31/2010?
I understand that when I book a trip for my mother as my guest I have to pay some fee. Can I avoid the fee by adding her to my deed?
Do I have to pay to stay at my week home resort?
Do they charge any additional fee per guest?
The seller said I can use 74000 point or I can stay at my home resort after the deed has been transferred. Which one would you pick?
How many good resort can you take for 74000 RCI Points?

Sorry if I ask too many newbie questions, I hope someone can help me clarify them.
I am so exciting to take my first vacation for the last 20 years!:cheer:

Den

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post and I am new to this community.

I just purchased my first timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway 2 days ago from eBay ($100 + closing $298) (MF already paid for this year)
The reason I bought this because of the low MF so I can take advantage of extra vacation and Last Call from RCI.

Here is the description of listing:

---------
Unit Size: 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath - Sleeps 8
Week Number: #46
Resort Check in Day(s): Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Week Rating: Red
Number of RCI Points: 74,000
Anniversary Date of Points: March 01 (every three years)
Ownership Type: Triennial Usage (every three years)
Ownership usage will begin: 2012
Estimated Maintenance Fee's $599.00
Maintenance Fee's: Due January 1st every three years
Closing Costs including Resort Transfer Fee: $298.00

Season Information
Time Dates
RED January 01, 2010 December 31, 2010

----------

Here are my questions

Did I make the right decision and am I getting a good deal here?
It said week number #46 and what does it mean by Red Jan/1/2010 to 12/31/2010?
I understand that when I book a trip for my mother as my guest I have to pay some fee. Can I avoid the fee by adding her to my deed?
The seller said I can use 74000 point or I can stay at my home resort after the deed has been transferred. Which one would you pick?

Sorry if I ask too many newbie questions, I hope someone can help me clarify them.
I am so exciting to take my first vacation for the last 20 years!:cheer:

Den

Welcome to TUG!

You certainly got a lot of RCI points for a good price. I know nothing about the resort so I cannot comment on that part. 74.000 points will get you at least 2 good vacations OR one excellent one with some points leftover. I have a points account and get about 35K points. I get plenty of vacations from it.

Someone else will come along that understands the RCI points/deeds better than I .

elaine

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

We likewise had 1 of those, also from eBay. We gave it away after buying exactly the same thing but with more points (92,500) for the same annual fees.

We bought ours for the same reasons you bought yours -- to snag Last Call & Extra Vacation Getaway reservations. So far, so good.
Your RCI Points membership application form has a space where you can list Additional Owners (formerly called Additional Users) who far as I know do not have to be on your deed. Upon request, RCI provides Guest Certificates at no charge for your Additional Owners.
You have to pay your maintenance fees, but nothing more than that if -- if -- you stay in your own unit instead of taking your points in any particular use-year. Either you get the use of the unit or you get the points, not both. Triennial units like yours & mine come up 1 year out of 3 if you want to show up & check in, but (at that resort) they serve up 1/3 of the points every year -- in your case 74,000 x 1/3 = 24,667
No. Just make sure not to exceed the capacity of the unit -- 4 people maximum per 1BR unit, 8 per 2BR. Each unit has a bed for 2 in the bedroom & a sleep-sofa for 2 in the living room. King bed in the "A" unit bedroom & queen bed in the "B" unit bedroom.
We take the points. Then, if we want to stay at Vacation Village At Parkway, we shop RCI Points for Last Call & Extra Vacation Getaway opportunities.

Last time we stayed at Vacation Village At Parkway (January 2012), we stayed in a 2BR unit (A + B) on Extra Vacation Getaway for $199 + tax. (RCI had a 3-day sale, later extended 1 day & then brought back for 2 more days.)
Plenty. But your triennial unit gets you only 24,667 points each year. You can roll'm over 1 year & borrow 1 year ahead if you need all 74,000 points for some particular reservation you want to book.

I am so exciting to take my first vacation for the last 20 years!
Hey, no problem. Welcome to TUG.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange into Vacation Villa at Parkway for August. I have a 1-bedroom unit with full kitchen, that is the larger A unit, right?
I only want to rent a car part of the week. Is there any car rental agency in Orlando that has curtesy drop off at VVP like it does at the Disney resorts? Thanks

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
The listing lied (was mistaken?) about the MF's - they are $723 per usage - a minor point, you did pretty good for your first purchase ---- enjoy.

I also think you have to pay the 2012 MF's before you get any points. :(

Last edited:

d3n

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

You certainly got a lot of RCI points for a good price. I know nothing about the resort so I cannot comment on that part. 74.000 points will get you at least 2 good vacations OR one excellent one with some points leftover. I have a points account and get about 35K points. I get plenty of vacations from it.

Someone else will come along that understands the RCI points/deeds better than I .

elaine

glypnirsgirl, thanks for your fast reply. I think I'll keep the point :whoopie:

d3n

TUG Member
Reaction score
The listing lied (was mistaken?) about the MF's - they are $723 per usage - a minor point, you did pretty good for your first purchase ---- enjoy.

I also think you have to pay the 2012 MF's before you get any points. :(

ampaholic, you mean I have to pay $723 each time to say at my home resort on top of the triennial MF $599? :confused:
I called them they said 2012 MF already paid for I hope they're not lying.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
ampaholic, you mean I have to pay $723 each time to say at my home resort on top of the triennial MF $599? :confused:
The Ebay listing just didn't include taxes. Total $723...for 2012

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score

The MF's are $723 instead of $599 is what ampaholic was saying. This likely was a mistake in the listing instead of a blatant lie. I think the triennials require MF's to be paid every 3rd year or perhaps you pay 1/3 of the $723 each year (i have biennials so I pay 50% each year). Another thing that was not mentioned is that you can often exchange back into your home resort with fewer points than they give you. I just did this and still had enough points left over to book another week elsewhere.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Different Timeshares Bill At Different Intervals.

The MF's are $723 instead of $599 is what ampaholic was saying. This likely was a mistake in the listing instead of a blatant lie.
As was mentioned, they most likely left out taxes when stating the amount.
I think the triennials require MF's to be paid every 3rd year or perhaps you pay 1/3 of the $723 each year (i have biennials so I pay 50% each year).
For triennials, Vacation Village At Parkway bills the full amount for the use years & nothing for the in-between (off) years. Other timeshares may well do it differently, I don't know. Our Orlando non-points biennial timeshare bills 1/2 the use-year amount every year -- an estimated amount 1 year, the remainder of the actual amount the following year.
Another thing that was not mentioned is that you can often exchange back into your home resort with fewer points than they give you. I just did this and still had enough points left over to book another week elsewhere.
It might be more accurate to type that you can sometimes exchange back in with fewer points, depending on what's available when you want to go. Then again, the lower-demand weeks (which just happen also to be the weeks with lower points values) by definition are likelier to be available than the high- & mediium-demand weeks, so there's a good chance you can exchange back in for fewer points even though you can't count on being able to do it just any old time. Plus, if you do get an exchange reservation to stay at your own timeshare, you have to pay an exchange fee to RCI or I-I, etc.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

d3n

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks AwayWeGo (Alan) for your great advise and contribution to this community. I actually went to the presentation last week and I was so close to put $6000+ credit card to get about the same stuff that I got from eBay.
This web board saved me and many people LOTS of money!
I'll take your recommendation and keep these points and split them up over 3 years. I hope you have a wonderful day :banana:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you get those points into your RCI Points account and start thinking about exchanging, you may want to spring with the $15 to TUG for membership and get rid of that 'guest' designation. You'll also be able to see the resort reviews to help you get a feel for the places you may want to exchange into.

TUG saved you a tad more than $15, no?

Jim

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Happy to see a post from a person who is happy with a purchase and not trying to dump something they no longer want.

You did good! Nothing the developer offered was different from what you got. That's the beauty of RCI Points.

Welcome to TUG. :D

d3n

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you get those points into your RCI Points account and start thinking about exchanging, you may want to spring with the $15 to TUG for membership and get rid of that 'guest' designation. You'll also be able to see the resort reviews to help you get a feel for the places you may want to exchange into.

TUG saved you a tad more than $15, no?

Jim

Yes, I already paid $15 to post my 1st question in this board. After all I think it's well worth it! There are lots of stuff that I checked out which will benefit me in spending time and money for my vacations. so far so good Thanks TUG!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! You probably got an email with a code to enter to change your profile to 'member' and it will unlock your ability to see the reviews and Sightings/Distressed forums.

Welcome to TUG membership!

Jim

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark Also.

Thanks AwayWeGo (Alan) for your great advise and contribution to this community.
You're welcome.

I actually went to the presentation last week and I was so close to put $6000+ credit card to get about the same stuff that I got from eBay.
Same here -- except they wanted lots more than $6,000

(Then again, they were not yet offering triennials. Plus, it was before they went with RCI Points.)

That was in 2002 -- our 1st timeshare tour of the modern era. We were wowed by the niceness of the display units, even though no way we were going to lay out $22,000 or $18,500 or whatever they wanted back then.

As we drove back to our dinky motel after finishing the Vacation Village At Parkway sales tour, we spied a big highway billboard that said . . .

TIMESHARES -- BUY RESALE
SAVE THOUSANDS

We called the toll-free number on the sign after we got home from vacation, & the rest is history.

A few years later, we stayed at Vacation Village At Parkway on RCI Last Call. We did the same thing a couple of years after that. Last January, we stayed there a 3rd time, on RCI Extra Vacation Getaway.

Meanwhile, we sprang for an eBay Vacation Village At Parkway triennial points unit for next to nothing -- in essence coming full circle after that 2002 timeshare tour, but for pennies on the dollar.

This web board saved me and many people LOTS of money!
You typed a mouthful.

Is this a great web site or what?

Last edited: