*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by hvacrsteve, Apr 1, 2012.

1. hvacrsteve

hvacrsteve TUG Member

Any tuggers live there?
    Just looking at Bin weather data, it seems to be one of the best places in the US to live. If you like even temperatures year round and don't like cold weather.
    Any thoughts?

2. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Kauai Beach Villas
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    I used to live there -- for ten years of my Navy career. Great city, excellent lifestyle, wonderful weather. High housing prices, fairly high crime rate, lots of traffic. Not as congested as the L.A. area, but has its moments. I'd agree that San Diego is arguably one of the nicer parts of California to live in, which is probably why it's getting more and more crowded. Given the right circumstances, I'd move back there again.

Dave

3. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Weather-wise, I've got no complaints. My parents moved the family to San Diego in the mid-70's. I thought I'd move back east ... but somehow it never happened. ;)

4. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott (SR), SDO, Quarter House, Donatello, Seapointe, Coronado Beach
    Other than the fact that real estate is crazy expensive, I love it here. We've been here since '79. Weather is awesome most of the time - but not perfect all of the time. Traffic can be bad in certain spots (5 south in the am, 5 north in the pm) but it's nothing like my in laws have to deal with in the south bay area of LA. I don't have a sense of a high crime rate - in fact I think that things have gotten better over the past 10-15 years. I love our smaller airport, our downtown, and of course our beaches. We keep looking at different places (less expensive) to retire to but we don't think we'll be able to pull the trigger. San Diego is home.

5. PStreet1

PStreet1 TUG Lifetime Member

That weather and being able to afford being right on the ocean are why we bought a second home in Rosarito Beach, Baja, Mexico--30 minutes south of San Diego (and no, it isn't dangerous). We love it there and spend more than half of each year there.

6. Fisch

Fisch TUG Member

Came here in 1988 for college. Never left. That should sum it up.