*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Sample notice of Rescission?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by GuyD770, Jun 23, 2005.

1. GuyD770

GuyD770 Guest

First off, thank any of you who take time to respond. I just joined the board, and it seems very insightful.

I wish to cancel my timeshare agreement that my wife and I signed two days ago. I wish to mail a simple, yet effective, notice to cancel. It is with Fairfield Resorts, if it makes any difference.

Can anyone give me a sample, or template of which to go by? I do know to send it certified of registered mail, which my contract allows.

Once again, thank you with your prompt help in this matter!

2. Hoc

Hoc TUG Lifetime Member

"Pursuant to paragraph ___ of my purchase agreement, I hereby rescind that agreement. Please cancel my purchase and refund all money paid by me in connection with that purchase.

Very Truly Yours,
    GuyD770"

Also, read your contract and put in anything else required by the contract.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  3. GuyD770

GuyD770 Guest

Thanks!!

Thaks for your reply! This is what I sent, along with the undersigned signatures of my wife and I. Is this sufficient?

4. Hoc

Hoc TUG Lifetime Member

It depends on the language of your contract. If your contract doesn't require anything else, and you are within the cancellation period and sent it in the manner required under the contract, then it should be sufficient.

5. TravelSFO

TravelSFO TUG Member

I wanted to mention the obvious (since it may not be so obvious to all). Make sure you send the recission notice via certified mail. You need to be able to prove (get a copy) that you actually mailed the notice if the resort does not receive it or claims to not have received it.

6. Llexlon

Llexlon TUG Member

Letter of Rescission

If you do a search online with Google, Yahoo, etc. you can find a copy of the letter used in (I think :confused: ) Hawaii. I just copied their form into a word document and edited their form to my liking and sent it certified mail to the proper address listed in the contract. Good luck and congrats on finding this board in time.

7. Hoc

Hoc TUG Lifetime Member

Sending certified mail is well and good, and should be done on top of any other way of communicating it. But if the contract provides that the notice must be sent via First Class Mail, postage paid, or fax, or some other way, and you only send via certified mail, then your notice of rescission is invalid. So, make sure you read your contract and comply with its terms.

8. GuyD770

GuyD770 Guest

Thanks!!

Thanks for the replies! Here is what is written on the contract:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  9. Amy

Amy TUG Member

Hoc, If both husband and wife signed the purchase agreement, do both need to sign the notice of rescission for the notice to be effective? (Language re right same as that quoted above - Florida law.) I think the answer is yes, erring on the side of caution, but I thought I'd check to see if you know otherwise.