• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sadly, probably my last trip to Grand Mayan

patty5ia

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked my reservation from SFX. $75 resort fee. Still trying to find out about the meal plan.

judyp2530

Reaction score
Yep, I just paid the $11pp/day + $19/day room tax upon check-out from the GM Riviera Maya. Love the resorts, grounds, and settings, but we won't be exchanging into them again.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yep, I just paid the $11pp/day + $19/day room tax upon check-out from the GM Riviera Maya. Love the resorts, grounds, and settings, but we won't be exchanging into them again.

It is for the Wall ?

( ? )

The one that keeps you from walking over to the Nuevo Marina from the resort .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Honestly - I think your conversion rate is incorrect .

We stayed at the Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta Marina in Feb 2017 on an RCI exchange .
and the room tax for the week was 265.37 pesos ( per the checkout bill I just looked at ) listed as ISH / rooming tax .

that works out to $ 13.80 USD FOR THE WEEK / $ 1.97 per day ( today's rate is !9.21 pesos to USD )
one bedroom suite

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been banking my MP weeks with RCI and using the TPU's to trade this year (for example) to Cabo San Lucas (Playa Grande, PB Sunset Beach), Orlando area (Grand Villas and Hilton Grand Vacation Club). I made similar trades in past years as well. Three of those trades are for two or more bedroom units.

My two MP weeks are a one MF transfer, and a 10% transfer, and they go to 2026 and 2029 respectively. Until the time that RCI gets pressured to reduce the trading values of deposits, I will continue to make these trades.

Even now, I am waiting until Jan 1st to combine some leftover TPU's to get a 2 bedroom GM for 2018 with the $11 dollar a day per person charge, because it's been a few years since we have been back to NV. But, in the future I will probably use the limited MP at NV or PV instead of trading.

To me, so far, it makes sense to pay the MP MF's, RCI trading fees and Vidanta per person fees and trade to a GM. It's probably still a lower overall price than owning a GM and paying the higher MF's or renting from an owner for the price of their MF+.

There may also come a time when I decide to "sell" or give away those MP's for someone who wants to use the last few years of the 25 year contract and/or renew for another 25 years.

One thing I will not do is upgrade with Vidanta. That has never made sense to me, and I have besides making trades to non Vidanta resorts, stayed at GM, GB and GL through RCI and occasionally II.
Have you tried SFX? You have a gold membership. I was told by SFX that when you deposit a 1 hdrm week, you can book a 2 BDRM. Its a deal they have with Vida.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Have you tried SFX? You have a gold membership. I was told by SFX that when you deposit a 1 hdrm week, you can book a 2 BDRM. Its a deal they have with Vida.

I am SFX Diamond member. The upgrade privilege (i.e. 1BR to 2BR) is based on availability. I have been successful once to get 2BR upgrade on low season (September) but I got nothing in January.

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that adds up?
That can get expensive for a large Group!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Wow that adds up?
That can get expensive for a large Group!

The $ 11 pp/pd is correct for Vidanta RM & NV - for RCI and ll exchanges

The per day room tax is incorrect / and was likely for the week
see my post # 30 above

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
SFX still has the $75 per week fee that includes , WIFI, transportation to the resort, and gym use. You still pay the room tax. We got 2 Grand Bliss weeks for 2018 in April at Riviera Maya. Used a 1-bedroom PBEB for a 2-bedroom GB.

langanj

Reaction score
Do the 1 BR suites in the Grand Myan have coffee makers? If not I would bring my own.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Yes, they have, I believe, at least 10 cup coffee makers. Might be larger.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
They also provide filters. Bring your own coffee. The pack in the room is pretty expensive.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
What happens if you check out early? Do you still pay the resort fee for 7 days? And what about occupancy - if you exchange for a 2 bedroom but only have two guests do you only pay for two people? Thanks.

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
What happens if you check out early? Do you still pay the resort fee for 7 days? And what about occupancy - if you exchange for a 2 bedroom but only have two guests do you only pay for two people? Thanks.
Almost certain it is per person and not based on the room's occupancy.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't know about checking out early, but we had 2 adults and 2 kids in a Grand Mayan 2 bedroom and got charged for 2 people, so it isn't based on occupancy.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

The $ 11 pp/pd is correct for Vidanta RM & NV - for RCI and ll exchanges

The per day room tax is incorrect / and was likely for the week
see my post # 30 above

I don't know about checking out early, but we had 2 adults and 2 kids in a Grand Mayan 2 bedroom and got charged for 2 people, so it isn't based on occupancy.

We'll be heading down to Grand Mayan RM later this month. The description of the fees in RCI is "daily usage fee is 11.00 U.S. dollars" with "Mandatory Resort Fee per Adult, per night" on the next line, which matches your experience and bases the fee on adult occupancy (not the unit's capacity). It also lists a 20.00 local currency (pesos, presumably) for a mandatory environment tax per reservation per night; that seems to correspond to the $19/day room tax (in pesos). There's also a 3% state lodging tax. The lodging taxes I've paid there seem to be based on some nominal lodging cost that isn't entirely clear to me; on my last trip it wound up being 210.6 pesos, which would have equated to about a 7,000 peso cost of lodging. (That trip was to Grand Luxxe NV, on an exchange through RCI Platinum as one of the priority access availabilities, and we wound up not being charged a resort fee for it; I'm still not sure why, but happily accepted my fate on that trip....) On a prior trip, the resort fee showed up as a nightly charge, so you should be able to get charged only for the nights you are there. Also, on that trip we stayed in a 2 BR unit and only paid for the two of us, not for the full unit's capacity.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

You only pay for the number of days that you were there. It is $11.00 PP in the unit. There is the Room Tax charge also. All the hotels charge that. It is not very expensive - about $2 per day that you are there.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It's $7 PP per day in the Mayan Palace PV for RCI/II exchanges; $11 PP PD in RM and NV. Not sure about the other spots.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks. Probably can't go this time around, but fyi, the GM (and others) in NV are available with the latest AC in Interval. So it may be a nice option for a week, or even a long weekend.