*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor: RVC at Kona Reef, Hawaii, coming under DRI management

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International - DRI' started by IslandDaze, Aug 17, 2013.

1. IslandDaze

IslandDaze Guest

I was talking to a DRI reservation agent exploring Hawaii options and she said they got a memo a couple of days ago informing them that the "RVC at Kona Reef" will be coming under DRI management. She didn't say when. Is this a good thing?

We are considering staying there. Anyone have experiences at this property?

2. RuralEngineer

RuralEngineer TUG Member

3. timeos2

timeos2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Lifetime Member

4. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

For a long time most raintree resorts were affiliated with DRI.

Does it really matter which resort system runs the resort? They still are required to run them as the master TS docs for that resort says.

5. Beefnot

Beefnot TUG Member

If you care about your maintenance fees it does.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  6. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Raintree does not operate anything at Kona Reef; Kona Reef is an "Associate" resort. As I understand, Kona Reef simply has an arrangement with RVC to share some inventory, or perhaps RVC owns some units at Kona Reef. But RVC does not own or operate the resort.

That being said, I can easily envision that Diamond might make a play for the Kona Reef management contract. I'm fairly sure that Diamond has been looking for some time to acquire some inventory on the Big Island.

Last week we were told by the Sales Manager at Point at Poipu that Diamond had tried to acquire some existing non-timeshare resorts on other islands but had backed off when governmental agencies did not consent to the conversion to timeshare. Could be the usual sales person spiels, but in this case I do have a bit of additional information to think this might actually be true. And if it is true, one way around that would be to move in on a resort that is already a TS. Hence I can see how taking over the management contract at Kona Reef would make sense.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013