• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RSW (SW Fl Intl Airport in Fort Myers) and Uber

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nephew on tight budget wants to use a timeshare week we've offered to him. He apparently plans to get a "Rent a Wreck" car rental off site from the airport, the office for which is apparently located somewhere on U.S. 41 in Fort Myers. That's a fair distance from the airport, afaik.

Does anyone know with certainty or from direct, first hand personal experience whether Uber is allowed to lawfully pick up / operate at RSW? I'm not sure how he would otherwise get from (somewhat remotely located) RSW to that "Rent a Wreck" location. Not sure that RSW airport shuttles would be of any use or help to him either. :shrug:

Last edited:

shells

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nephew on tight budget wants to use a timeshare week we've offered to him. He apparently plans to get a "Rent a Wreck" car rental off site from the airport, the office for which is apparently located somewhere on U.S. 41 in Fort Myers. That's a fair distance from the airport, afaik.

Does anyone know with certainty or from direct, first hand personal experience whether etymology funnyUber is allowed to lawfully pick up / operate at RSW? I'm not sure how he would otherwise get from (somewhat remotely located) RSW to that "Rent a Wreck" location. Not sure that RSW airport shuttles would be of any use or help to him either. :shrug:

Not sure about your uber question, but you can download the app to your phone, (iOS or android) and then punch in where you want to go and the app will tell you if they can pick up.

For what it's worth I just rented a cheap basic economy car for the week at the end of April, picking up at RSW airport and dropping of at FLL airport for $160. Rented through RCI, was about 60-70 bucks cheaper then I Found online. Not sure if this qualifys as a "rent a wreck" never heard that term before pretty funny.

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sensible Car may be the "rent a wreck" that Theo is referring to. They pick you up at the airport, drive to the office, do the paperwork, and you go on your way. Reverse that for airport return. We used Sensible for several years, but now use Autoslash and get rentals of new cars for the same price. Pickup at airport, drop off at airport.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
"rent a wreck" never heard that term before pretty funny.

Rent a Wreck is an actual company. It's been around for decades. But I agree that the name is funny.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter is renting seven seat van this coming weekend from ft Myers airport and says it is costing eighty dollars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk