*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Royal Resorts - golf

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by RandRseeker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. RandRseeker

RandRseeker TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I noticed on the Royal Resorts website (RC in particular) that they have a weekly golf tournament at one of three courses. Has anyone participated in this activity? If so, how much does this cost? Would we need to bring our own clubs, or is it worthwhile to rent a set?
    We would like to golf once while in Cancun, but not really interested in hauling our clubs down for one round.
    Thanks

2. BoaterMike

BoaterMike TUG Member

When are you going? I'll see what I can find out.

Mike

3. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

You can borrow golf clubs at each of the RR.I do not think that there is a charge.

4. RandRseeker

Leaving this weekend :cheer: and hoping to golf sometime next week.

5. BoaterMike

BoaterMike TUG Member

If I still played I'd offer to hook up for a round. Some nice courses there. Enjoy.
    Mike

6. nana7

nana7 TUG Member

I have golf at several different courses with the Royals. Price varies with
    place. Club are available at the sport center at each club and are free.
    They are pretty nice clubs. Last year I paid $125 and that included transportation. We went North of the city (forgot the name) It was very
    enjoyable day. Lunch was seperate and also very good.

7. BoaterMike

BoaterMike TUG Member

Would that be Playa Mujeres? The other courses are TPC Cancun, Iberostar Cancun, and Iberostar Playa Paraiso. Regular rate is $125 with a twilight rate of $99. Tournament rate is $99.

Mike

8. nana7

nana7 TUG Member

I believe you are right Mike.

9. RandRseeker

Just back from a week at the RC and three nights in Playa del Carmen. Wow - loved our two bedroom unit and the whole resort. We had a great unit on the 9th floor with a wonderful ocean view.
    We checked into the golf, just in case anyone is wondering... and the cost is $99 pp for golf and transportation. They had a choice of three courses to play. Unfortunately, they only had one set of clubs available for the day we thought we might go. That would have meant club rentals on top of the $99 so we decided to spend another day at the pool instead :whoopie: Next trip we'll bring our clubs and stay two weeks!