• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room codes - sort of

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe we could make this a sticky, and as we get info, put/edit the sticky?

So I emailed the HGVC folks about the room codes. Glad I did because I booked something that didn't indicate it had a lock off and it was/did.

Here's what I received back. I'm probably going to keep emailing and request specific codes for each resort. We'll see how *that* goes.

Good afternoon,

The unit codes depends on the resort specifically. For Tuscany Village, the 1BR vs 1BB difference is that the 1BR connects with a studio (STD) to make a 2LK (2 bedroom). The 1BB is a standalone unit.

What each code means however, is dependent on the specific resort.

2LO and 2LK are typically lock off units- again, units that are connected in order to make that unit such as the example I used above.

The 2BR connects with an ST3 (again at Tuscany) to make a 3LK- 3 bedroom.

2BB and 2BD are standalone units- nothing connects to them.

Sadly I can’t provide an easier answer, it is a bit complicated. The coding is more for inventory purposes. For the member it is important to read the unit descriptions to be sure it fits your needs. It also helps when trying to modify- if you are trying to add nights for instance, it has to be in the same unit type and same unit code- if you book an 1BB- you can only add nights that are in a 1BB, not in a 1BR.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
...Here's what I received back. I'm probably going to keep emailing and request specific codes for each resort. We'll see how *that* goes.

Good afternoon....
Sadly I can’t provide an easier answer, it is a bit complicated. The coding is more for inventory purposes.
For the member it is important to read the unit descriptions to be sure it fits your needs....

I'm confused. Why would you keep emailing about the resort codes instead of following their instructions to read the unit descriptions? :shrug:

For example, here are the unit descriptions for the two bedrooms at SeaWorld

2 Bedroom (2LO)
Size 1,278 sqft Accommodates 6 guests
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, and convenient kitchenette, and can be easily locked off from the main living area to create a relaxing element of privacy. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

2 Bedroom (2BB)
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, and full-size sleeper sofa. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

2 Bedroom (2LK)
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, full-size sleeper sofa bed and convenient kitchenette, and can be easily locked off from the main living area to create a relaxing element of privacy. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

2 Bedroom (2BR)
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and a bathroom with standard shower/tub combination. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.​
[/QUOTE]

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you check other resorts and other room types?

For example, Tuscany 1 BR makes no mention that it's a lock off unit

Here's the Tuscany 1 BB description:
This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate whirlpool jet tub. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

Here's the Tuscany 1 BR description:
This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate whirlpool jet tub. The suite includes a generous living room with separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

They are verbatim. Yet, the 1 BR is a lock-off per the email from Hilton. (I personally avoid the lock off rooms due to sound/noise from the other side).

Studios at Tuscany:
STD says:
This cozy studio with screened balcony or patio features a large bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, TV with cable and DVD player, and small dining area, as well as a convenient kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker, dishes and utensils.

ST3 says:
This cozy studio with screened balcony or patio features a large bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, TV with cable and DVD player, and small dining area, as well as a convenient kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker, dishes and utensils.

Again, identical descriptions, but inferred by the rep/email that the ST3 is a connecting (lockoff) room and the STD is not.

Same with Elara:
Studio SL3 and SLP have identical descriptions. I'm betting one is a lock off.

And there's a slew of others that have different codes and yet the descriptions are the same.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
...For example, Tuscany 1 BR makes no mention that it's a lock off unit

...They are verbatim. Yet, the 1 BR is a lock-off per the email from Hilton. (I personally avoid the lock off rooms due to sound/noise from the other side).

Ok, got it. Sorry, I misunderstood the issue.
They should be able to easily fix that by updating the unit descriptions. Perhaps write an email to make sure that gets added to the next set of system enhancements.