• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Purchasing 2 Summit Watch platinum weeks at $10k each (from 2 different sellers) and both passed ROFR this week. Total turnaround time to hear back from Marriott once the waiver request was submitted was only 6 days (Friday -> Thursday).

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Just an FYI for anyone using www.rofr.net to search or add Marriott ROFR entries. We have added Hilton and Disney to the website. So you will first have to select which company you are searching for records or when you start to add a new entry.

dioxide, It looks like the database entry system is not clear at least for Disney users. One person put price per point and the other total purchase for all points. Might want to update instructions to clarify

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I just went in and added my DVC that failed ROFR back in March - I was the seller and Disney bought it from the buyer. Thanks for putting those up.
So your Disney Boardwalk failed at $90 a point. Did it have banked points? I would have figured it would have passed at that price.

Last edited:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dioxide, It looks like the database entry system is not clear at least for Disney users. One person put price per point and the other total purchase for all points. Might want to update instructions to clarify
I put price per point because that is how the Disney sites I follow measure resale DVC contracts. They also list the point status. Example on a 50 point contract: 0/2017, 50/2018, 50/2019. Disney purchased direct is also advertised priced per point.

Last edited:

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
So your Disney Boardwalk failed at $90 a point. Did it have banked points? I would have figured it would have passed at that price.
No it did not. Apparently it was the 3rd time that the buyer had DVC take a contract from them. I felt bad for them but nothing I could do.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No it did not. Apparently it was the 3rd time that the buyer had DVC take a contract from them. I felt bad for them but nothing I could do.
Oh, wow. I checked the ROFR base on a couple sites I follow and they had some Disney Boardwalk's that passed in the upper 80's. Makes you wonder if Disney needed a certain use year for a wait list or something. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to ROFR, though.

I was surprised that my platinum 2 bedroom EOY Marriott Grande Vista passed at $1,000 earlier this year. But really happy that it did.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw the two different entries. There is a note below the Sales Price field on the Add Experience form that indicates "If ROFR is for Points, enter the contract price per point." I will fix the entry of @5infam to show $90.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, wow. I checked the ROFR base on a couple sites I follow and they had some Disney Boardwalk's that passed in the upper 80's. Makes you wonder if Disney needed a certain use year for a wait list or something. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to ROFR, though.

I was surprised that my platinum 2 bedroom EOY Marriott Grande Vista passed at $1,000 earlier this year. But really happy that it did.

Marriott does not like exercising on EOY weeks. They have done it but the threshold is lower than 1/2 of the annual. The closing costs are the same. The resale department recently discontinued brokering any EOY units regardless of the property and while the resales and ROFR's are separate the logic is the same. EOY weeks have less value due to the closing costs being the same as an annual.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the two different entries. There is a note below the Sales Price field on the Add Experience form that indicates "If ROFR is for Points, enter the contract price per point." I will fix the entry of @5infam to show $90.
Sorry - but thanks for fixing it

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Just passed ROFR on a third Marriott Waiohai annual island view week @ $5000
The first two were @ $5500 a month ago.

Wonder how low it can go....I won't be the one to find out because I am definitely done buying.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie. Can someone explain what it means when Marriott exercises their Right of First Refusal? Does this mean they are buying back the TS from the owner? If so, at what price do they buy it back?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
They buy it back at the price on the contract that a buyer offered you.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I am a newbie. Can someone explain what it means when Marriott exercises their Right of First Refusal? Does this mean they are buying back the TS from the owner? If so, at what price do they buy it back?

Right of First Refusal kicks in after an owner finds a buyer. An ROFR waiver form must be submitted prior to closing, at which point Marriott has the right to purchase at the same price as accepted by the seller.

If you're thinking about selling Marriott Resales Operations accepts some Weeks for its buyback/brokering program. There's no guarantee that any/all Weeks will be accepted, and no guarantee that what they accept at one point will be accepted at another. But it's worth a shot, and some actually earn higher returns via that route than on the external resale market.

Complete the required fields at that link to submit an email request for further info; they generally respond within a few days. You can also use the number on that page to call in but the email submission is easier.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
If anyone on here purchased the 3BR MOC Napili Fixed Weeks 8 and 9, listed on Redweek at $60K each, please considering posting the passing ROFR number on here and ROFR.net. Feel free to post Anonymously, but include your email for the admin.
I believe those were 5th floor 3BR.

https://www.redweek.com/resort/P579...ype=resales&view=Oceanfront&sort-resales=week

These are the first weeks I've seen sold in prime winter season and at a price that is somewhat more realistic than the all the other high-priced weeks that have been listed for Lahaina and Napili and haven't moved in 9-12 months.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Just passed Marriott ROFR on a MKO 2/2 EOYO Ocean View @$4,000 (plus $850 closing/transfer costs).

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just passed Marriott ROFR on a MKO 2/2 EOYO Ocean View @$4,000 (plus $850 closing/transfer costs).

Congratulations! That's a nice price too. Have a great time with your trips there. We love the resort.

Best regards.

Mike

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations! That's a nice price too. Have a great time with your trips there. We love the resort.

Best regards.

Mike
Thanks mjm1, I have been looking for over year and finally realized I could look forever. We have always stayed over in Kailua, and either Hale Koa or HHV in Honolulu and never at MKO before. We are looking forward to being Marriott owners.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just wondering who is paying the maintenance fee for 2018? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wondering who is paying the maintenance fee for 2018? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
frank, we will be paying the upcoming MF in December, which I assume is the 2018 fee. The estoppel which came with the Marriott ROFR waiver should the 2017 box checked and the 2018 box with N/A in it. But we probably won't close and then be transferred for at least 30-60 days, so we don't expect first use until 2019.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
frank, we will be paying the upcoming MF in December, which I assume is the 2018 fee. The estoppel which came with the Marriott ROFR waiver should the 2017 box checked and the 2018 box with N/A in it. But we probably won't close and then be transferred for at least 30-60 days, so we don't expect first use until 2019.

You should get the seller to reserve a 2018 week for you and then it can transfer to you after closing.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is 2017 usage still available? If so, contact Marriott after it transfers and you can request a replacement week interval deposit. They'll say it's not guaranteed, but I haven't heard of a time when it was denied. You are technically paying for half of 2017 usage since you're paying 2018 fees, but really nothing to worry about with the fantastic price you got on the week!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is 2017 usage still available? If so, contact Marriott after it transfers and you can request a replacement week interval deposit. They'll say it's not guaranteed, but I haven't heard of a time when it was denied. You are technically paying for half of 2017 usage since you're paying 2018 fees, but really nothing to worry about with the fantastic price you got on the week!
On the estoppel request form sent to Marriott, one of the boxes checked (asking for a response from Marriott) was: "Which years are open for usage".
There were 2 boxes (filled in by Marriott): Current YR - 2017 YES and Upcoming YR - 2018 N/A. I will check with Marriott when closed/transferred in 45-60 days, but we are happy with 2019 usage, that was the reason for the good price. Thanks for the advice!!