TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

ROFR metric / Ongoing ROFR Activity

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by GregT, May 5, 2015.

1. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Vail Streamside Birch
    I really don't know where to post this, but between being a quick reference for the original Lahaina/Napili pricing and knowing now what happened in 2008, and the folks posting didn't, it's really an interesting read, and look in the rear-view mirror.
    (5% money market interest anyone. ;-)

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/maui-purchase-and-pricing-questions.60222/

GaryDouglas>>>
    Napili Villas (2 bedroom):
    OF week 51 - $78K, week 52 - $91K
    IV (Floating) - $44,900, week 51 - $50K, week 52 - $57K

2 and 3 bedroom fixed weeks (OF) were going from $52,900 to $162,300.

These prices were effective 11/23/07.

The last thing I heard, 2 bedroom OF floating (Napili and Lahaina) were going for $71,900.

2. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Shadow RidgeII, Marriott Willow Ridge, HGVC HHV Lagoon, HGVC(x3), Aulani, Starwood(x4), Worldmark
    That is interesting to read, especially my own words almost 10 years ago? I'm happy to say that I think I got it right, and I would write the check again....

Thx for posting this!

Best,

Greg

iconnections likes this.
  3. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Vail Streamside Birch
    It was so enlightening, particularly as many of the folks I've relied on for guidance in the last month were participating in that, 10 year old thread. The numbers may change, but the stories seem to stay the same.

(iConnections/Emmy has shared lots of great info via PMs, so reading about her husband's stroke that year was heartfelt....and they are both on Maui enjoying things now, which is great.)

iconnections likes this.
  4. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Yes very interesting to look back 10 years. We owned 4 Marriotts all bought direct from Marriott by 2007. Now with 24 Marriotts, the rest bought via resale with the knowledge learned through TUG it's amazing how our plans worked as we imagined they would. However with all the success we've had buying and renting Marriotts from Maui to Aruba BY FAR the best part of the experience has been these fabulous family vacations we've taken since my kids were 3 & 1. July 2018 will be our 7th trip to Maui as a family since 2002. No way that happens if we didn't take the leap into Msrriott TSs.

5. ahdah

ahdah TUG Member

[ROFR passed on 3BR summer platinum at a Timber Lodge]

I have added it to ROFR page. We are so happy! Members helped a few weeks ago about going for the 3 bedroom in the summer at TL. It will be used by my children, daughter lives about 3 hours away. (son in NC with children starting college)
    If anyone has a 3 bedroom summer platinum, how difficult to reserve 12 months out.....hope we don't have to worry about that.
    It passed in about 12 days. I bought it on RedWeek for $8500.
    Thanks for everyone's help!

[Thread merged with ongoing ROFR Activity sticky thread.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  6. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina x 1
    Congrats! I was hoping to hear how things went with your purchase. You got a great deal on a 3BR unit. Tahoe is very active and fun during the summer months. I know you and your family will love the resort.

7. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina x 1
    Late July and early August are the busiest periods during the summer season. If you are reserving right at the 12 month mark, I think you will be fine.

8. ahdah

ahdah TUG Member

Thanks for helping me the last time. Everyone is so excited, especially her children.(young adults)

9. ahdah

ahdah TUG Member

We will be ready at 9 o'clock! Thanks!

10. catharsis

catharsis TUG Member

Just failed on a Club Son Antem gold week .... Admittedly only at $2.25.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

11. sb2313

sb2313 TUG Member

Just received notification my eoy even platinum week passed at $10 with seller paying closing. A bit surprised, but ill take it.

littlestar likes this.
  12. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Shadow RidgeII, Marriott Willow Ridge, HGVC HHV Lagoon, HGVC(x3), Aulani, Starwood(x4), Worldmark
    All,

I just passed ROFR on another 10206 room (Week 22), that is contiguous to my Weeks 23 and 24. It cleared at $35K and I will add it to the database.

Best,

Greg

iconnections likes this.
  13. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Greg, congratulations on that nice pick up. Three consecutive weeks will make for a great long stay.

Best regards.

Mike

GregT likes this.
  14. Vacation fun

Vacation fun Guest

Just passed ROFR Ocean Point 2bedroom ocean side plantium season for $9500.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  15. Southdown13

Southdown13 TUG Member

My unit that I am selling passed ROFR today for $1,200. Marriott’s Grand Chateau platinum 2br lockoff EOYE.

16. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina x 1
    Does this mean that you have purchased fixed units/fixed weeks for weeks 22, 23, and 24?

17. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Yes :doh:

18. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina x 1
    Are all three fixed weeks for the exact same unit, or do you have to change units each week?

19. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Yes, I have three fixed weeks in the same unit (10206) for weeks 22-24, and then I have a different unit (6206) for week 25. My goal had been to construct weeks 22-25 in my 6206 unit but 6206/24 wouldn't sell to me so I had to pursue 10206 for weeks 22-24. I think I am done for now :)

Best,

Greg

iconnections and mjm1 like this.
  20. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Vail Streamside Birch
    I believe that's called a Fractional Ownership, in the 'cheap' summer season. ;-)

Slinger likes this.
  21. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina x 1
    You don't want to get week 25 in 10206?
    I am not familiar with the room numbers. Are these Lahaina tower ocean front?

22. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Yes, these are the 10th floor 3BR units in Lahaina Tower. I love that tower and think the 3BR units rock.

I do want to buy Week 25 as well one day and have located the owner and reached out to them. They own both Week 25 and Week 26 and are in no hurry to sell (which is fine with me -- wife just rolled her eyes when I proposed the Week 22 purchase).

The problem with fixed weeks is that they are difficult to string together unless you purchase directly from the developer. And if you own a specific unit like mine and the adjacent week comes available for purchase, you almost have to buy it now or it is probably gone forever. I'd found the owner of 10206 Weeks 22/23/24 back in 2011 and we just stayed in touch over time. He was a little ambitious in his asking price and finally came down to my ballpark in 2015.

We will see what comes next.

Best,

Greg

iconnections likes this.
  23. iconnections

iconnections TUG Member

Congratulations, Greg. Not having to move is really so nice and it should feel more like occupying your own condo in Maui. By the time you retire, you may own several months at the Lahaina tower. We love this tower too. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017 at 3:57 AM
  24. Dave Ramos

Dave Ramos Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Maui Ocean Club
    Interesting update for Hawaii timeshare owners -- I just spoke to timeshare closing company today. According to them, Hawaii passed new regulations that requires companies collecting escrow to post $100k CASH bond with the State. Regretfully, I won't be able to use this low-cost timeshare closings company because they don't generate the business to support that type of expense. Anyone able to confirm this?

25. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Vail Streamside Birch
    Nothing showing up in Google at this point and nothing in a Surety bond search for the current legislative session. Might ask them for specifics.