• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Restaurant recommendations

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in Hawaii soon! First time in 20 years.

Here's where I will be staying:
Kauai Beach Villas, Lihue area
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk

I'm looking for restaurant recommendations for these areas. On Kauai we will be visiting the south side and the north shore so I would welcome recommendations in those areas as well.

Thanks in advance!

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
Go across island on the Pali highway and stop at the Pali lookout. Continue to the haiku gardens and try haloes joes. Good food. Nice view off the gardens

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
That is Haleia joes not haloes joes

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I strongly recommend the Cheeseburger Beachwalk which is right across the street from the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk. It is NOT a fast food place and has a pretty extensive menu. We have eaten there several times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is kind of like a Red Robin but also serves breakfast. Here is their link.

http://cheeseburgernation.com/locations/cheeseburger-beachwalk/

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In Kona we like Huggo's and the Fish Hopper. Just south of Kona, the Keei Cafe.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If your budget allows it, I highly recommend a dinner reservation at the Makana Terrace at the St. Regis Princeville. The views overlooking Hanalei Bay are fantastic, the service is outstanding, and the food is excellent. It will be one of those meals you will remember for the rest of your life.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Niccos' Fish Market half way between the airport and Waikiki. Stop there after landing in Honolulu and get a fresh fish plate lunch for $13 or fresh fish and chips is $11.25.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Try Lava Lava just south of the Coconut Marketplace. It's toes in the sand dining on the east side of Kauai.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Try Lava Lava just south of the Coconut Marketplace. It's toes in the sand dining on the east side of Kauai.

I had the best fish tacos there this year. The garlic shrimp appetizer is enough for a meal. Mmmmmm.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
My favorite restaurant on Kauai is Duke's at the Marriott. I've only eaten on the beach level; the upper level is outside my budget.

There are plenty of threads here with restaurant recommendations.

Kevsdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Duke's at the Lihue Marriott is the BEST. Get the prime rib.
We also like the happy hour at Rob's Good-times in Lihue.

In Poipu we like Puka Dog, Da Crack, Bubba Burger and especially Kalipaki Joe's happy hour.