• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Review??? Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for an "updated" review of the Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club on the Big Island. Have you stayed there???
Happy Travels, gvic

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We stayed there, but not recently. The first time we rented one of the units that was fully owned. The second time was a timeshare trade. Personally I wouldn't stay there again, at least not in the summer. None of the units had a/c and it got very hot, and stuffy, in the units. The units themselves were nice (we were in a two bedroom for the trade) with a nice wrap around lanai. But since it was so hot we spent little time in the unit.

I think they were either starting some updates, or planning to. I don't know if that was completed or not.

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually stay there for a month, in combination with using my TS weeks at Paniolo Greens. I can only speak for the resort property and its location, as we keep returning to the same private rental condo there.

The property lies between the Kona Coast resort and the Kahulu'u Beach park. It's handy to the Keauhou Shopping Center and the Sheraton property. There is a great Saturday farmers market just up the hill, a cinema, a good grocery store, drugstore, bookstore and some restaurants. With the new Ali'i Drive extension, the South Kona coffee farms and snorkel spots are now easier to reach by car. A trolley service links Keauhou with downtown Kona.

The property has a gated access and has a very pleasant pool complex, several BBQs and good parking. The shoreline on the property is not swimable, but it's great for turtle and whale watching - we're often there with our morning coffees and sunset drinks. Overall, it's a quiet condo and townhouse complex, with a mix of private resident owners, rentals, and timeshares.

The only drawback with the TS units is indeed the lack of AC, which is problematic not only because of the summer heat, but also in winter because the air quality can be seriously poor due to vog. I need to close the windows and turn on the AC when the vog is bad - like it's been these past months.