• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort fees when Timesharing - SVO and others?

BarryTX

TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up a comment when reading archives that leads me to believe that some (maybe all?) of the TS resorts charge extra fees during your stay there, for things like maid service, etc. I would have guessed the MF would cover maids, valet, soap, etc., but the comment I saw leads me to wonder what each charge for. Would owners of the various resorts / networks comment on what you should expect to get charged for, and how much, when you stay a week at your TS?

I'm still trying to learn the real cost of all options!

Thanks,

Barry

Bill4728

Reaction score
Most timeshares do not charge any fees for stays at their resorts. Some have a mid week maid service and some don't. The ones that don't have a midweek service may offer the service for a fee. Valet parking is almost always an extra charge but, at most TS the parking is free.

There are a few TS which add on a resort fee, Disney charges a resort fee when staying at any of their resorts. The Manhattan Club in NYC also charges a fee. But most TS don't charge any extra fees.

Hope that helps

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Disney charges $95 for transportation to/from parks and to/from the airport for those who do not rent a car. This also includes parking at the theme parks, which costs about $9 a day otherwise. I feel there is value with that. Exchangers pay but owners don't.

All Hawaii resorts charge a TAT, which is a tax of about $30-50 for the week. Everyone pays it, even owners.

We are going to pay parking charges of $25 per day at Fairfield Waikiki Beach Walk. :eek: I am not happy about it, but what can you do? I think owners also pay it. Parking is at a premium in that busy area, I guess.

Many Hawaii resorts charge energy fees.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The WKORV does not include daily maid service, unless you pay for it. Most timeshares do not. Timesharing is more like renting a condo, than staying in a hotel.

At the WKORV you get start up supplies for the kitchen, bathroom, and wash machine. You also get a mid-week straightening up, where basically the trash is taken out, you get fresh towels, and you usually get new supplies. We always leave the maid a tip and have been very satisfied with the service and supplies, however, we are naturally neat people, and tend to pick up after ourselves as we go. We actually prefer not to have staff in our room every day because of privacy and security issues.

As I recall, they also charge a $10 a day resort fee that includes parking.

BarryTX

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Very helpful explanations and information. It is great to be able to learn before you buy, I'm really glad to have found TUG.

Barry

geekette

Reaction score
It's been rare we've found extra fees.

Resorts that accept dogs usually charge a pet fee of $50 - 75 for the entire stay.

Some European resorts charge for electricity. I think we paid $16 US for our week in the Canary Islands.

Big Cedar in Branson charges a $5/day/unit activities fee

Surfside Solara in South Beach charges for valet parking and in-room safe, but both charges are minimal. The valets are great and we tipped them because they were so wonderful, helping us with our bags, etc.