• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reminder - Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 point bonus ends today

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have been contemplating getting this card, do it today! In branch applications are still being accepted until mid March.

I got this card a few months ago and it has been great. Contemplating having DH apply for one today to replace his Southwest card......

Also, for those of you that already have the card. Good article put out today by TPG....

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/to-do-once-you-get-sapphire-reserve/

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just read on Flyertalk, and it's extended until 3/11.

I tried to tell a bunch of friends about the card, but no one gets it like I do. Our pastor friend of 35 years has a regular Chase Sapphire and told me he would, "Think about it," and I said, "What's to think about, you do $100K spend on your credit card annually and only get 1 X through the portal, but I get 1.5 redemption for the same exact spend." That's 50% more value. His answer was, "Yeah, but the fee is excessive." Really???? You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think it was only extended if you apply in person. Online it's down to 50,000 bonus.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think it was only extended if you apply in person. Online it's down to 50,000 bonus.
Yes, that is true. Our son applied yesterday at the Chase near us.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I expect to pass the $4K mark on 1/17, when I charge my last set of MF's.
Then, I'll cool my jets until the bonus shows up... (6-8 weeks?)

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I went to redeem some Sapphire reward points on airline tickets to France today and notice
that the cheapest tickets on Air France are not available for booking. I thought all tickets
through participating carriers would be available to book using points, but apparently
this is not the case. The cheapest tickets available for booking were about $150 more. That was disappointing.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to redeem some Sapphire reward points on airline tickets to France today and notice
that the cheapest tickets on Air France are not available for booking. I thought all tickets
through participating carriers would be available to book using points, but apparently
this is not the case. The cheapest tickets available for booking were about $150 more. That was disappointing.
Yeah, and as I reported, the same 1.8K First Class ticket on Hawaiian Airlines is 2.8K from the Ultimate portal. I doubt very much I will be using the portal.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Bonus shows up immediately when the statement is run for the month.
That was the case with my card, but with my wife's card it showed up on the statement for the month following the statement where she met the spend threshold. So the timing apparently varies a bit from account to account.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yeah, and as I reported, the same 1.8K First Class ticket on Hawaiian Airlines is 2.8K from the Ultimate portal. I doubt very much I will be using the portal.

Try calling them to see if they can match the airfare that Hawaiian has. It might be worth a try.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try calling them to see if they can match the airfare that Hawaiian has. It might be worth a try.
Maybe I can do it next time. But I was simply sampling tickets that I had booked. I had used Hawaiian points, reluctantly, as they were not at saver rate but I had already transferred the points to Hawaiian Airlines.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use points for airfare pretty much exclusively. My plan for the points accumulating in UR is to transfer as needed to Southwest. I may also use some to upgrade the 1-5 Marriott Travel package to an 8 also. For me, it still works....it doesn't matter that they may not be competitive with flight cost on other airlines. Between DH and I we have about 250,000 UR points now - that is ALOT of flight time on SW alone. Probably about 3 years worth!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess there is no hope for 100K for those who didn't get the card before 3/12. I have a friend who is with us on Maui, and she was trying to find a link to get the 100K bonus. No such luck. I even checked Flyertalk for her. Nada.