*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Registration?

Discussion in 'Ask Platinum Interchange' started by ronjg, Jul 23, 2009.

1. ronjg

ronjg TUG Member

I have read the very favorable comments about Platinum Interchange. I like what I have read about your exchange policies. I have been with RCI since I bought my timeshare in 2004. Although I know your exchange base is not as big, I would choose you first before I ever bank my week with RCI. My question is; Do I need to register in advance with you before I try using your service? I just joined TUG and I am sorry to say I am stuck with RCI for the balance of this year.

2. Platinum Interchange

Platinum Interchange TUG Member

Free Membership

There is no fee for membership in Platinum Interchange or any annual membership renewal dues. We can create an account for you at anytime.

Platinum Interchange offers member(s) a dual exchange system:
    Deposit First – Individual member(s) may deposit their interval in PI’s exchange system before they submit an exchange request. Individual member(s) opting to deposit first have 24 months from the arrival date of the week deposited to withdraw and use a week in PI’s exchange system. However, at the conclusion of the 24 months the deposited week(s) are immediately assigned to PI allowing PI to have all rights to the use of same for the week(s) deposited.
    Request First – Individual member(s) may make an exchange request with PI prior to depositing their week. Once an exchange request is submitted, it may be cancelled only if notice (written communication) of cancellation is received by PI prior to confirmation of the request. When and if PI confirms the exchange request, individual member(s) deposit their week in PI’s exchange system by signing the Owner Deposit/Resort Verification Form. PI reserves the right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit if the week deposited is less than 60 days (Domestic), 75 days (International) from the arrival date. Member(s) forfeits the right to occupy and use their home resort interval when it is deposited in PI’s exchange system. PI reserves the exclusive right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
    Sandra H.
    1-800-854-2324 ext 102

3. Judy

Judy TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Do you use a trading power formula to determine who can exchange into which units/weeks/resorts?

Do some members get first choice of exchanging into new availability?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. Platinum Interchange

Platinum Interchange TUG Member

Hello Judy,

All of our members are treated with the best customer service, and they all have access to the same inventory list. The a…WAY list is updated twice a day on our website www.platinuminterchange.com

If a member chooses to upgrade, we allow the flexibility to upgrade your exchange to a larger suite size, a higher season or holiday, a higher rated resort, and/or a higher demand destination, upon availability, by paying an additional upgrade(s) fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!
    Sandra H.
    1-800-854-2324 ext 102