• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Red Sox Fans: Our fat 3rd baseman is now your fat 3rd baseman [update]

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the money he is getting, he can buy so much more to eat than I, that's why my 'belly' is smaller than his. I am glad we (Giants) for rid of him.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
He could also hire a full time chef, and a full time trainer, to get him into the shape that a professional athlete should be in.

It's really hard to understand what he is thinking, or what his agent is thinking.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Sandoval wanted to buy a time share, no doubt he'd look at all inclusive packages.

zinger1457

Reaction score
All it tells me is you don't have to be a great conditioned athlete to play professional baseball. There are more than a few in MLB that look like they spend more time in the buffet line than in the gym.

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the position. In football, you don't see any fat wide receivers, corner backs, etc. You see many fat defensive lineman. They dont have to run.

In baseball, you wont see any fat players playing in the outfield or up the middle (SS/2B). But on the corners, in back of the plate and even behind the mound you will see players who "look overweight." Once again, they dont have to run, only have quick enough reflexes.

Why does Pablo, his weight and contract keep appearing for two years now? If you were to look at dumb contracts and signings, start with the Dodgers, then move on to the Yankees.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't care what Sandoval looks like. He was one of the best players when he played for the Giants. I don't know how he has done since going to Boston because I don't follow the Red Sox. Sandoval was good defensively and he can hit. He was mobile for a big man. Yes, he could definitely lose some weight but he has that thick middle body type like Fernando Valenzuela. The scouts refer to it as the Indian body type.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sandoval was beyond horrible last year with the Red Sox - both defensively and offensively. He was one of the worst players in baseball. That is why fans are astounded that he showed up in this kind of condition - for the 2nd year in a row.

At the end of the season, the Red Sox announced they asked him to lose weight. During the off season, at least 3 different times, they announced that he was losing weight. Then he showed up like this and said he hadn't tried to lose weight at all, and in fact, had not stepped on a scale the whole off-season.

SF Chronicle:
Sandoval is coming off his worst professional season. He hit just .245 with 10 home runs. He was also the lowest-ranked defensive third baseman in the majors.

Last edited:

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sandoval was beyond horrible last year with the Red Sox - both defensively and offensively. He was one of the worst players in baseball. That is why fans are astounded that he showed up in this kind of condition - for the 2nd year in a row.

At the end of the season, the Red Sox announced they asked him to lose weight. During the off season, at least 3 different times, they announced that he was losing weight. Then he showed up like this and said he hadn't tried to lose weight at all, and in fact, had not stepped on a scale the whole off-season.

SF Chronicle:

Like I said, I had no idea what he did with the Red Sox as they are not a team that I have any interest in. It is too bad that he did so poorly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Because he's a former Giant, the California sports media has followed him closely since he joined the Red Sox, and they have been all over this. Every sports talk show, sports page, and sports website has been covering this since Saturday.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Because he's a former Giant, the California sports media has followed him closely since he joined the Red Sox, and they have been all over this. Every sports talk show, sports page, and sports website has been covering this since Saturday.

Only the sports media in Northern California has followed him. I never heard a word about him from the Sports media in Southern California. As you know, the Giants are not too well liked down here. I like the Giants, especially Buster Posey, but I don't get to see a lot of their games since we left the Bay area I am an Angels fan.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Google "Pablo Sandoval," and you will find national coverage.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
5 year contract, $95 million.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$95 million dollar contract

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I know it's only spring training, but I just watched Sandoval come up against the Twins with the bases loaded... and he grounded into an inning ending double play. And by the way, he's still fat.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
He could also hire a full time chef, and a full time trainer, to get him into the shape that a professional athlete should be in.

It's really hard to understand what he is thinking, or what his agent is thinking.

Here's what he's thinking: "How soon can we get this game finished so I can hit the smorgasbord?"

All of us Giants fans--though we will always have fond memories of Pablo's fantastic contributions in the postseason--are SO glad we lost the bidding war two years ago. The Red Sox management must be freaking out wondering how they can possibly get their money's worth with six more long years on this guy's contract.

Ultimately, Pablo is a very selfish player. His lack of discipline will shorten his career, break down his body, and cause great damage to the Red Sox organization.

In the meantime, GO GIANTS!!! It's an even year, after all :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Red Sox have announced that Pablo Sandoval (batting 222) has lost has starting job at 3rd Base - the Red Sox are benching him. Travis Shaw, who had a good spring, (batting 317) won the job. Shaw was a rookie last year.

When directly asked how much he weighs, he said he hadn't been weighed since last spring. Yeah, right…..

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
$$$ well spent if you need a fat bench-warmer

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's been a rough spring training:

022216soxms28.jpg

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Pablo is wasting his talent by not getting himself in shape. This is a sad story, especially for Red Sox fans. The team spent a lot of money on him without including a clause about his weight. Foolish on their part given his history.

I shook my head today when I read how he "is happy with the decision to bench him." If he really cared he would not be happy and realize that his lack of discipline led to this situation. It will be interesting to see how things develop this season.

As a Giants fan I am so glad that we didn't try to keep him.

Mike

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I said from the beginning that he just wants to DH…

However, how ironic is it that he left the Giants because they monitored his weight and fitness, and now he has lost his job, because he can't monitor himself.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Now he has lost his job - because he can't monitor himself

Same story as Oliver Miller - NBA in the 90's - he ate his way out of the league .