• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Record Temps in Phoenix Coming

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you that may have travel plans coming into Phoenix (even if passing through to go north) we are having warnings of upcoming record high temperatures.

Saturday June 17th thru Wednesday June 21st projected to be in the 115 - 120 + degrees temps. Evening will cool "down" to roughly 90-100 degrees.

These are deadly temperatures! Always carry water, hats, water, sunscreen, water, cooler of ice (where possible), water, non-melty snacks, water, juicy fruits, water, water, water, water!!!

And stay indoors where you can. If traveling with children, pets or seniors... they are hypersensitive to these high temps. Keep a close eye and stay hydrated!

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
See if I got your advice correctly ... a 24 pack of water per person every 8 hours per day?

And drink it all. No bathroom breaks needed with those temperatures.

Is there any advice about what coolant to use for your car to not overheat?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember driving down to Tucson from Las Vegas with no air conditioning in car in 1971. But was really bad was my in laws moving to Arizona, summer of 1980. The electric system went out on their car. Instead of stopping to get it fixed they kept going, summer heat, no ac, couldn't open windows, in their sixties, stupid stupid stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
See if I got your advice correctly ... a 24 pack of water per person every 8 hours per day?

And drink it all. No bathroom breaks needed with those temperatures.

Is there any advice about what coolant to use for your car to not
overheat? <--- this... :rolleyes:
1) Bathroom breaks are critical. If you are not peeing consider yourself in trouble! :eek::eek::eek:
2) Drink regularly, if it all gets consumed.... nertz.... grocery run!o_Oo_O
3) Don't drive if you don't have to. :ponder: Stay indoors. :banana: If you have to drive, make sure you carry enough water for yourself and the car if it over heats. Keep roadside service on speed dial and pray that if you do overheat it's in front of a Walmart or 24-hour place while you wait. :crash:

Wait.... ;) thinking......:oops::oops::oops: no, just stay indoors. :cool: Not even a dip in the pool is going to help that much. :confused::confused::confused:

We've had situations here where parents accidentally burn their kids trying to spray them with the hose (cool down intended) without first letting the hose run for awhile to clear out hot water. :(:(:(

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember driving down to Tucson from Las Vegas with no air conditioning in car in 1971. But was really bad was my in laws moving to Arizona, summer of 1980. The electric system went out on their car. Instead of stopping to get it fixed they kept going, summer heat, no ac,:oops::oops: couldn't open windows, :(:( in their sixties, :eek::eek:
......stupid stupid stupid.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That had to have sucked big time! And could have killed them!!

Once traveling between Phoenix and Palm Springs in late April my DH, who is usually meticulous about making sure everything was serviced prior to any travel, dropped the ball on the "check fuel" part of the list. We ended up smack in the middle of the desert out of gas. DH was mortified but gratefully he did everything else right.

Roadside on speed dial, :thumbup: extra chilled water and drinks in the coolers, :thumbup:plenty of snacks & fruit to keep us fueled, :thumbup: hats & sunscreen. :thumbup: Even packed a blanket for privacy purposes when needing to visit a bush (see #1 above).:oops:

Took roadside three hours to get to us and get us back on the road.

The 3-hr wait was miserable. We had only the shade of the car to protect us. Temps were probably in the low 100's at the time. Not nearly as high as what is projected for this coming week.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
DW and I were at a conference in Monterey/Carmel from Wednesday until today. During the drive home, we could not believe the dramatic rise in temps in just a short distance: 62 degrees on Highway 1 just north of Monterey, 72 as we diverted onto the 101 North, 95 in Salinas, and 101 in San Jose--about 70 miles north and east of Monterey. Interior of California is at about 105.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our way home from doctor visits today.

This per car info:

IMG_20170619_164323.jpg

Heading to Flag (1.75hr drive north) this weekend. 72 and raining today. Hoping for the 90's when we get there.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Brutal. That's
On our way home from doctor visits today.

This per car info:

View attachment 4164

Heading to Flag (1.75hr drive north) this weekend. 72 and raining today. Hoping for the 90's when we get there.
Brutal. Suddenly 101 seems downright pleasant.