• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reciprocal Resorts??

asreiter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged in to the new website this morning and on my Canterbury contract it says that Wyndham Grand Desert is the reciprocal resort which is a destination outside of your "home resort" that are eligible for Reciprocal Advance Reservation Priority reservations. This is new correct?? I also had an extra 396,000 points in my account and all contracts had use year aligned to Dec 31st. Oh how I wish I had that many extra points!!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few people say that their contracts show reciprocal rights. My Bonnet Creek shows as reciprocity with Pagosa. Who knew? Where is Pagosa anyway? Lol

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Where is Pagosa anyway? Lol
You don't need to know. Forget about it ... at least until I get my Worldmark waitlists filled for this location! ;-)

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, I'm dumb, what are reciprocal rights and how do you find out if your resort has these?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally, this was sales department PRE-SELLING a resort from a SOLD out resort .. buy the new resort points ... not yet opened resort ...but we will give you early booking rights HERE, too ... like 11 months before checkin instead of 13 months.

I think it might be on your deed or in the contract packed when you brought your points. I am betting it is stated in YOUR contract.

Now Wyndham most likely just sells CWA....adding new resorts into the portfolio.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
My Bali Hai contracts are listed under "Outrigger Resort Club by Wyndham". Whatever that is.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Outrigger Resorts were brought by Wyndham. It is mostly like the "who or what" that technically owns & manages those physical resorts. It is a legal thing.... due to territories, countries, insurances, foreign laws ... Wyndham just stuffs the BODs with their lackeys.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged in to the new website this morning and on my Canterbury contract it says that Wyndham Grand Desert is the reciprocal resort which is a destination outside of your "home resort" that are eligible for Reciprocal Advance Reservation Priority reservations. This is new correct?? I also had an extra 396,000 points in my account and all contracts had use year aligned to Dec 31st. Oh how I wish I had that many extra points!!

It has been their all along. Under the existing system, you had to know it existed, then get transferred to the people who do the ARP/RARP, than identify the resort(s) involved, then wait on hold while they verify it. This is a much simpler system, if it works for booking them on line. In the alternative, at least you know it exists.

By the way, I was recently corrected by a Wyndham employee, the terminology is now Reciprocal Priority (RP) and not ARP or RARP.

Last edited:

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think the reciprocal resort that shows up has to do with where you bought your contract from. I bought CWA at Smoky Mountains and have reciprocal at that resort.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Pagosa Springs is in southern Colorado, 150 miles north of Sante Fe or 250 miles southwest of Colorado Springs. Gorgeous country, but a bit remote. Ski in the winter, outdoors in the summer.

http://visitpagosasprings.com/

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

If your use years aligned, I am guessing that they moved forward? If so, the extra points are given to take the place of those "lost" by the move forward of points. If not, I have no idea!

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have a July use year? If so, it was likely aligned to match that of other contracts to Jan 1. This happened to me, effective 5/15/2017. Wyndham was kind enough to send me a notification email about it TODAY at 4:15pm. Thanks for the notice.

Regarding RARP, My Smoky Mountains contract apparently has RARP at Nashville. Who knew?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't need to know. Forget about it ... at least until I get my Worldmark waitlists filled for this location! ;-)

Your WM waitlists don't have anything to do with Club Wyndham inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't the erstwhile RARP only available to Gold and Platinum VIP?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Some contracts were sold specifically with RARP at a specific different resort (I think like if they were selling something that was newly built but you were buying at a different location?), and apparently the new site is bringing all of these random RARPs to light. The general RARP is a VIP thing. I'm still slightly concerned but willing to hold out on why my Myrtle Beach contracts are NOT showing any RARP. It will be a little irritating if I still have to call in to make ARP reservations at different MB locations.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Your WM waitlists don't have anything to do with Club Wyndham inventory.
Only Indirectly. If my WM waitlists don't come through, I'll be pinging WinPointVIP trying to piece the missing dates. Of my Pagosa history, all complete stays have been on Wyndham inventory either booked through WM (before Club Pass) or via WinPointVIP since.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't the erstwhile RARP only available to Gold and Platinum VIP?

Not necessarily. There are different ways to get RARP. The ones you are referring to have to do with a different version, now called reservation priority.

Regarding the Myrtle Beach issue, a number of the early Myrtle Beach resorts carry the same resort designation. They are not considered ARP/RARP. A newer one, Towers on the Grove has a RARP into Ocean Blvd.

At least some Westwinds, Seawatch Plantation, and maybe some Ocean Blvd deeds where assigned to Fairfield Myrtle Beach (is or was a legal enitiy) now in the Wyndham circle. These all have the same resort code that I made reference to.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. There are different ways to get RARP. The ones you are referring to have to do with a different version, now called reservation priority.

Regarding the Myrtle Beach issue, a number of the early Myrtle Beach resorts carry the same resort designation. They are not considered ARP/RARP. A newer one, Towers on the Grove has a RARP into Ocean Blvd.
VIP RARP (now RP), as defined by Wyndham, is bookable only at the 11 month mark.

Are all of these random RARPs (such as Grand Desert/Bonnet Creek) bookable at 13 months?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
VIP RARP (now RP), as defined by Wyndham, is bookable only at the 11 month mark.

Are all of these random RARPs (such as Grand Desert/Bonnet Creek) bookable at 13 months?

As far as I know, not at the 13 month point.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Jusy my .02 cents, but I wouldn't put much stock in to anything you might see on the preview site about reciprocal resorts if you didn't already know you had them. To say there is a lot of stuff not working correctly there would be an understatement.

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
I own at Grand Desert and it says my reciprocal resort is South Shore-Zephyr Cove. Odd to me that yours is different than mine.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I own at Grand Desert and it says my reciprocal resort is South Shore-Zephyr Cove. Odd to me that yours is different than mine.

It wouldn't be odd at all. It's not like every Grand Desert owner can RARP to Canterbury, and vice-versa. It was a sales perk occasionally given to entice someone to buy points for a specific resort (perhaps currently under construction) while staying at another resort.

That being said, as I said earlier I wouldn't put much faith in any of the reciprocity resorts being displayed on the preview site unless you already knew you had it in place before. There is a lot that is not working correctly. As you can see from paxsarah's post above, at least one person that knows they have RARP on a contract does not have it displaying.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the issue of whether or not the RPs that are showing up are real or not. The answer is simple in any given case. Just call in and get transferred to the ARP/RARP people and asked them. They can tell you under the existing system.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My reciprocal that shows up is one and only direct purchase from Wyndham, which is Grand Desert. This makes perfect sense in that I purchase Bonnet Creek UDI but I did it from the Grand Desert location.

Again, there are a huge problem with Data Issues in the conversion to this new site.