*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Real Estate Brokers

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by Dunes, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Dunes

Dunes Guest

I want to sell my my timeshare. I don't want to bother with selling it myself. Does anyone know how to find a Real Estate Broker for this? Thanks

2. equitax

equitax TUG Member

Selling?

What are you trying to sell? You may want to try to sell it here (not in this forum mind you)

3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

For recommended timeshare brokers, see the TUG Business ratings, which is a sub-forum of this forum.

Have you done any research to find out what your timeshare is going for on the resale market? Because of the economy, most timeshares are going for 0-10% of original retail. If you find out that your timeshare falls into that category, then using a broker may not be feasible, because their commission starts at about $1,000. For a TS with little or no resale value, you may just want to sell or give it away yourself, to save money. See the article at the top of this forum for more info.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T PAY SOMEONE A LARGE UPFRONT FEE TO SELL YOUR TIMESHARE - THAT'S ALWAYS A SCAM!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

5. Dunes

Dunes Guest

Thank you. Any suggestions if I want to just give it away? We don't use it. I just want to get out of the maintenance fees

6. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

yep, the how to sell article (sticky at hte top of this forum) will help you get started.

7. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

8. Dunes

Dunes Guest

I'm sure it's me, but I don't know what you are talking about. What sticky?? Thanks for your help!

9. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

The articles that are permanently "stuck" at the top of this forum - http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Also, click on the blue link that I posted above. "How can I give away my TS on TUG?"