• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI "new" format [Merged]

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
It's horrible.

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at how RCI keeps on doing goofy things with their website. Have they ever thought of talking to a group of owners to get good ideas of what the website should be like? It appears not.

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to search everyday for availability. No more. It's to much work. HATE, HATE, HATE the website now. Another reason why fewer owners are NOT using RCI and why inventory is way less.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
It's a work in progress. Let's give it a week & then restart the hate. :) It is useless today.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
They start out asking where do you want to go and when? I don't search that way because I'd say Sanibel in prime time but I know that is seldom available except to rent. I want to see all available in an area and when. Then I see what fits into my schedule. I don't want to go down a specific rabbit hole just to find it's empty. We need an opt out selection for this website.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! It just switched over for me, and either I'm a total idiot, or the software stinks! Or more likely, a combination of both. Is the intent to push you into placing a request vs easy browsing for online trades?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
They start out asking where do you want to go and when? I don't search that way because I'd say Sanibel in prime time but I know that is seldom available except to rent. I want to see all available in an area and when. Then I see what fits into my schedule. I don't want to go down a specific rabbit hole just to find it's empty. We need an opt out selection for this website.
That is exactly how I feel

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting ... a couple of days ago, I was seeing the new website. Today, I logged in and am seeing the old website. What's going on? It looks like they're doing some kind of test where they randomly present you with a version of the website. To what end, I'm not sure ... maybe they want to see which version gets more complaints?
:crash:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Maybe you already know this, but I thought I'd mention this in case you don't. You can just put in an entire region i.e. USA or Europe to see availability for more than one location.

Also, you can filter out AI using the advanced filters located on the left hand side beneath the search options (scroll all the way to the bottom).

Not a fan of the changes. Hopefully they can tweak it to make it more efficient to use.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you already know this, but I thought I'd mention this in case you don't. You can just put in an entire region i.e. USA or Europe to see availability for more than one location.

Also, you can filter out AI using the advanced filters located on the left hand side beneath the search options (scroll all the way to the bottom).

Not a fan of the changes. Hopefully they can tweak it to make it more efficient to use.

Thanks....I noticed this after putzing with it for an hour and increasing my vocabulary.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
They changed the look but they improved nothing (they did the inverse).
  • Search speed is still slow.
  • We can't see more than 10 resorts at a time (we could select 25 in the past and I would like to see 50 or 100 per page to avoid clicking next page. I prefer scrolling).
  • Favorites and signout button are not directly accessible like in the past (they are hidden in "my account" section and "my account" section is available only on the RCI home page).
  • You can enter only 1 resort code in the search bar.
  • We must always click on more or show all to see all regions (they do the same think a couple of weeks/months ago in the old look and I was expected that they would fix it in the new look).

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And don't bother trying to send them an email about the issue from the "Contact RCI" page. It doesn't work.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The new RCI look is horrible. I cannot navigate through it, and I am using Google Chrome. Hate it!

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I mainly use Chrome and I still seem to be getting the old website. Unfortunately I can't search on a range of check-in dates because the calendar just comes up with only today's date selectable. I tried Edge and got the new site once and now it is showing the old version. I have to agree that entering a search is a pain on the new site but I could eventually enter a range of dates for my search--Thanks to Macbec, post 18. I just tried Internet Explorer and I see the new site again. I'm not sure if it will stay, but I am curious. Has anyone else had the new version come and go like this? Also, has anyone figured out how to fix the search date problem in the old version? Thanks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
NOT AN IMPROVEMENT

Fill out the survey & give it bad reviews - and tell them why / with your email

Only being able to scan 10 resorts at a time per page , when the old site could do 25 is not better .

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I even hated only being able to scan 25 resorts per page...why don't they offer more resorts per page? Sheesh, it takes forever for them to load the next page. It seems most online experiences I meet can manage an option of 'all' where you can continuously scroll the inventory.

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to get into the RCI thru Wyndham site. Appears to be down. Anyone else having this issue. Looking to book a few days in Orlando area.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I was getting the old site until today. New site speed sucks. Again my complaint is that Marketing is driving the look of these portals. NOT actual users. Hilton's new site is the same. Looks pretty but if you have to actually use it to look for availability it sucks.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ok, I take that back, it is even worse than I thought. Functionality be damned, as long as it looks good.

No place to save a search, say what. There is a way to see them, but no way to actually save one AFAICT
I put a unit on hold, it is gone from inventory and my TPU is being tied up, but I have NO holds.
It is so slow to load search results. No way to change the number of resorts displayed per page
Unit information is so large, and takes up too much space on the page. Each individual unit take up about 3/4 of an inch on my laptop screen.

Useless RCI, what were you thinking.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
This new rci format, like others say, is awful. I used to be able to use firefox to get the old version, not anymore. What use to take me a couple of minutes to search what I wanted, takes me 10 minutes and I still don't get what I want. Hopefully they fix this soon!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot get into RCI through the Club Wyndham portal AT ALL.

This new RCI site is complete garbage.