*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

RCI exchange rate increases for Wyn

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by ronandjoan, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ronandjoan

ronandjoan TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mts, Telemark Apple Pointe, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club
    And they say this is wise????

from the Wyndham website

Beginning July 1, 2010, RCI® has announced a small increase to the exchange fee for CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Members. The exchange fee will increase from $189 to $194 for domestic and international travel. This fee increase is only for weekly exchanges. There is no change to the fees for RCI nightly stay reservations. Visit your Wyndham Wise Online Learning Center for additional information about your Worldwide External Exchange benefits

2. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    How nice! Today I got my $20 settlement voucher for the RCI Class Action suit and just minutes later, I find out that Wyndham is taking $5 per exchange away.

Wait ... it is all the same corporation. Got love big business. (Hope this passes the political correctness test here at Tug). :ignore:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  3. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

I think the fees have been $179 online/$194 via phone for a little while now.

4. Arnie

Arnie TUG Member

Online vs Phone

Right Brian, i just did an exchange thru RCI and I argued that since some Wyndham owners can not make it online, I should not be charged the phone fee. As usual, it fell on deaf ears. Paid the 194, too bad i did it before i got that coupon.:shrug:

5. Dave55123

Dave55123 TUG Member

For what's it worth, on 6/21, I called RCI to use one of my 28k deposits and I was charged $189.

So, I assume any future transactions of this type will be $194.

6. lizc7gb

lizc7gb TUG Member

Just set up an ongoing search. I had an exchange balance of 189 from an ongoing search I canceled months ago but before I called to set up my new search I told my coworker that I would bet $$ that they would find something to charge me for. I was right. $5 more got charged to my credit card because the fee went up.