• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Raintree Los Cabos Grand Regina 160,000 annual EMERALD

xfire22

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm offering 160,000 annual point usage for Raintree Vacation Club for free. Buyer pays all transfer fees. There's 360,000 points available for usage in the account. I assume that transfers.

MF $2,668.17 due May 31, 2017.

I'm listing for my mother in law. Looking at the website you can use points on any Raintree resort or Associate resort as well as Blugreen properties.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about the MF being over $2600 per year? If so, how many weeks/unit types does 160,000 points yield.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A quick Google of the points chart suggests that is two weeks in a highest season two bedroom, or two weeks in a holiday week 1 bedroom (christmas/new years/easter/holy week)

xfire22

Reaction score
Are you sure about the MF being over $2600 per year? If so, how many weeks/unit types does 160,000 points yield.
A quick Google of the points chart suggests that is two weeks in a highest season two bedroom, or two weeks in a holiday week 1 bedroom (christmas/new years/easter/holy week)

Hello, yes that's correct. It is a 2 Bedroom, Building V-4, 2 Floating Prime Weeks. Also, there's actually 640,000 points available in the account. We will double check with Raintree to make sure those would transfer to an interested party.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One feature of Raintree is that the more points in the account, the lower the annual fee in $/point. The difference is great enough that if a person starts renting units, building up a clientele and establishing themselves as a credible operation, you can generate enough rental income to cover all of the maintenance fees, while having enough points left over to get some nice reservations for yourself. Or rent everything and making a decent return on your money. That increases the value of the larger contracts, and by the same logic makes contracts at the Gold level and below almost worthless.

I used to do that with our Platinum membership until we started using it. I would split it up into the equivalent of a silver and a bronze. I could more than cover the annual fee with my gold rental, and then my income from the bronze rental was pure profit.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm offering 160,000 annual point usage for Raintree Vacation Club for free. Buyer pays all transfer fees. There's 360,000 points available for usage in the account. I assume that transfers.

MF $2,668.17 due May 31, 2017.

I'm listing for my mother in law. Looking at the website you can use points on any Raintree resort or Associate resort as well as Blugreen properties.

I am interesting in taking over this. Please contact me.
Thanks

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interesting in taking over this. Please contact me.
Thanks

If you click the user's name to the left of their post, then click Start a Conversation, you can send them a private message that they are more likely to see.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We use to be RVC Members. We were Platinum Members. A large 2 bedroom 3 bath Condo (sleeps 6) in Cabo or Cancun will cost 80,000.

When does the RTU expire?

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I am at Club Regina now in Puerto Vallarta. I just met someone looking for a higher point membership to take over. Let me know if it is still available.
DonnaD

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an identical membership for giveaway - 160,000 pt, Emerald Raintree Membership. I believe that just over 400K worth of usage will transfer the unit. Please message me if interested! PS - I am a long-time Tugger!
Best,
Chris

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Chris,
I am talking to people here at PV Club Regina to see if I can find a taker. I will let you know if I can find a taker!
Donna

I have an identical membership for giveaway - 160,000 pt, Emerald Raintree Membership. I believe that just over 400K worth of usage will transfer the unit. Please message me if interested! PS - I am a long-time Tugger!
Best,
Chris

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
One feature of Raintree is that the more points in the account, the lower the annual fee in $/point. The difference is great enough that if a person starts renting units, building up a clientele and establishing themselves as a credible operation, you can generate enough rental income to cover all of the maintenance fees, while having enough points left over to get some nice reservations for yourself. Or rent everything and making a decent return on your money. That increases the value of the larger contracts, and by the same logic makes contracts at the Gold level and below almost worthless.

I used to do that with our Platinum membership until we started using it. I would split it up into the equivalent of a silver and a bronze. I could more than cover the annual fee with my gold rental, and then my income from the bronze rental was pure profit.
Steve, can memberships be combined? In other words, if a person owns say, a silver contract and then gets a bronze contract, can the two be combined to make a Platinum membership (with lower fees per point)?

Also, can anyone point me to some resources for RVC?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
When I was RVC Member I started with a Gold (bought on Ebay) and wanted to acquire a Silver, combine and end up as a Platinum. RVC said no way to combining but that I would simply end up with a Gold Account and a separate Silver Account.

Edit what do you mean by resources? You can find them on Ebay for sale.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was RVC Member I started with a Gold (bought on Ebay) and wanted to acquire a Silver, combine and end up as a Platinum. RVC said no way to combining but that I would simply end up with a Gold Account and a separate Silver Account.

Edit what do you mean by resources? You can find them on Ebay for sale.
OK, so, it sounds like combining is not allowed. Geist, did you wind up not buying the Silver account?

By resources, I meant things like point charts and booking rules. Links to TUG threads would also be good. I can search here for "Raintree", but "RVC" is too short to use as a search term. (Also, I was able to find a membership directory via Google, but it's from 2011.)

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
We got our original Gold Account (60,000 Points) on EBAY in the Spring of 2007 for about $1,700.00. At the time those Account from Club Regina (now Raintree Vacation) were about $18,000 to $20,000. In May 2009 we were at the Club Regina in Cancun and attended an Owners update. We bought the Platinum Account from the Developer. It was an Account that had been surrendered. So we got it at a Discount. Then they gave me full Credit/value for my Gold. So for less than $5,000 ($1,700 from original purchase and about $3,000 new money) we owned a Platinum Account, which I think was going for about $30,000 from the Developer.

Have you gone through the Raintree Vacation Club Home Page ( www.raintreevacationclub.com)? Unfortunately like many timeshares much of it can only be accessed by Members. But you can see the Resorts that make up RVC and it's Affiliates.

We are no longer Members. A few years ago we sold it to a friend for basically what we had into it.

jeffh141

Reaction score
If anyone has an Emerald 160,000 Raintree Membership they would like someone to take over, let me know. We are looking for one. Somewhere between 160k and 180k points per year. Thanks, Jeff