• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Raining on Cape Cod

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi
We are staying at Holly Tree Resort. beautiful weather until today. So glad they have an indoor pool! Making the most of it, we really enjoy this timeshare! I will wri te a review when I get back! Thanks Janet! We lucked out !
Silentg

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading to our cottage in South Harwich - Red River Beach on Saturday as the last of the summer renters is leaving that day. Yay ! We rented it out a little longer to offset the new stove, refrigerator and cedar side shingling.

https://foursquare.com/v/red-river-beach/4bca07550687ef3b0512dbcc

If Hurricane Joaquin makes up his mind and heads for the Cape, we'll just be there for a day or so to batten down the hatches and head back home to MetroWest Boston.

"Martian" will be playing in Chatham this Friday. You can get tickets online.
It'a cool, old-timey theatre.

http://www.chathamorpheum.org/category/now-playing/

-

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Family wedding on Friday, main reason for this trip,
Silentg

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I'm off to the Cape (Dennisport)on Saturday, hoping to see that hurricane miss. I'll be keeping an eye out for beagles and their mom. Hurricane Sandy ruined a previous trip to the Cape.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I'm off to the Cape (Dennisport)on Saturday, hoping to see that hurricane miss. I'll be keeping an eye out for beagles and their mom. Hurricane Sandy ruined a previous trip to the Cape.

Too many hurricanes this time of year- or just plain rain. Better to pick the late Spring for off-season Cape?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Tony,
We New Englanders are a hearty bunch.
You're invited over if you have time. We're not sure how long we're staying as it depends on what Joaquin does. I'm thinking tropical storm, but we are directly on a tidal marsh that fronts the Atlantic - Nantucket Sound, so things could change rapidly.
PM me. We're off of Rt 28 right down Uncle Venie's Rd, the last left before the ocean.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's all relative...

A whole lot of rain here in coastal mid-coast Maine during the past 24 hours.
Parts of U.S. 1 have been closed down completely due to flooding.

Just the same, life is good and we are truly blessed to be here --- alive and well. :)

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
A whole lot of rain here in coastal mid-coast Maine during the past 24 hours.
Parts of U.S. 1 have been closed down completely due to flooding.

Just the same, life is good and we are truly blessed to be here --- alive and well. :)

We were watching the flooding in Portland on TV with great interest having stayed at the Press Hotel (Marriott) in July. Great city and a fun drive up Rtes. 1 & 1A.

-

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Beags - I am a New Englander. Went through a major hurricane in Ft. Lauderdale a long time ago. We try to go to the Cape in the spring and the fall.
Just got back 2 weeks ago from a hot week in downeast Maine.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beags - I am a New Englander. Went through a major hurricane in Ft. Lauderdale a long time ago. We try to go to the Cape in the spring and the fall.
Just got back 2 weeks ago from a hot week in downeast Maine.

Yep, I know you're from Ct. and living in New England we both are used to "close calls " living up here. It sure was unseasonably warm around these parts recently. Hope you were on the Maine coast.

Haven't been in a Florida hurricane, but was in Super Typhoon Pamela in Guam 1976. Yikes. Rode it out in the Guam Continental Hotel in Agana. Never, ever, again.

So, PM me if you have some spare time while in Dennisport. We're not sure how long we'll be in Harwich as we are off to Washington, D.C. next Friday and aren't even packed. :( and we have to put the cottage "back to right" after 3 months of renters.

-

Last edited:

e.bram

Reaction score
I am in Jamestown, RI(across from Newport) and it has been raining for the past 2 days.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yuck....unfortunately it looks like you will be in for a nasty week. Cold, raw and wet.

I'm in SE Mass and at this point, my pool is now overflowing. I think I need to get out there tomorrow and drain some of it off.

I have started to think about putting the heat on in the house. I haven't yet.....but I'm close to it!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yuck....unfortunately it looks like you will be in for a nasty week. Cold, raw and wet.

I'm in SE Mass and at this point, my pool is now overflowing. I think I need to get out there tomorrow and drain some of it off.

I have started to think about putting the heat on in the house. I haven't yet.....but I'm close to it!

They are talking of clearing on Sunday. Next week is looking better and better according to WCVB & WBZ. We needed the rain, but "Uncle" !

I have resisted turning on the whole-house heat here outside of Boston, too, but did turn on the little box heater to take the chill off in the morning in the living room.

Good thing the Harwich cottage has heat.

-

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Heats on in mine. We are talking about starting the wood stove.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Checking out tomorrow morning, even with the rain we had an enjoyable stay. The family wedding was wonderful, even though they did not get married on the beach. They had a beautiful ceremony and reception indoors! Nice to see the family too! Very cute couple!
Silentg

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clearing and warming up here on the Nantucket Sound. Still breezy - windy, but much improved.

Love Old Cape Scrod at this time of the year .

-

Last edited: