• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quickest presentation ever!!!!

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
I went yesterday for the owner upgrade presentation, the gift was an Amex for the amount of $150.
Well, I get there and salesman asked me why I was there, I answered.... well, I don't know, at check in they told me you have a lot of news for me and asked to attend the presentation for a gift of $150 and I did.
Well presentation last 20 mins and I asked some questions regarding point system and cost....
Answer from salesman: well sir I work for commission and our clients are very wealthy people and I can see, you will never be able to spend $100.000 to get a point package that will work for you, based on the vacations you do.... my wife eyes became bigger then the moon.... I didn't say anything .... he left... another gentleman came in to try to offer us a vacation for 5 days 4 night for $1195, we passed so he gave us our gift and we left.... total time spent 42 minutes....
Now, I had a lot to tell to this gentleman but I didn't, for sure he was right on one thing.... I will never spend $100.000 for a vacation package, when you can buy resale for a fraction of that cost, only an idiot will do that or same one that doesn't give any importance to the value of money, anyway I was just speechless, he actually said I was not the client Marriott normally deal with....good for me I'm not an idiot....
the good part of all this... I didn't waste hours to try to get out from it...

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Kind of harsh! The salesman must not be selling much with that attitude. I have got to the point where I don't attend any timeshare updates or presentations. Try to enjoy my timeshares tell them at check in I don't want to be bothered.
Silentg

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I did a HGVC owners update in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. We were in and out in about 10 minutes and $150 in our pocket. They looked at our ownership and saw that we purchased in 1994 and haven't upgraded since so they pushed us out the door.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
Kind of harsh! The salesman must not be selling much with that attitude. I have got to the point where I don't attend any timeshare updates or presentations. Try to enjoy my timeshares tell them at check in I don't want to be bothered.
Silentg
Yup it was very rude, well I will send him my W2 as a gift and thanks for letting e keep my money in the bank account.... anyway I really don't see the reason even to enroll my weeks, like they offer last year for about 40k.... 40k are 18 years of maintenance fees

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
My wife and I did a HGVC owners update in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. We were in and out in about 10 minutes and $150 in our pocket. They looked at our ownership and saw that we purchased in 1994 and haven't upgraded since so they pushed us out the door.
Yours was definitely faster

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Our sales presentation in November at Lakeshore Reserve was similar. Though our sales rep said he was a CPA and didn't work on commission, paid a salary. He looked over our presentation history and said he knew we were not there to buy. We asked a few questions, he was rather rude, but we were on our way in about 50 mins. Our fastest ever was in December 2010 after DC was introduced. She saw we bought resale weeks and knew we weren't going to buy. That was our record at only 10 mins. Best of all, it got us 20,000 MRP.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
What I think is funny is that after being so rude, they also ask you to rank from 1-10 how the experience was.... what do they expect?
I asked if 0 was an option

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What I think is funny is that after being so rude, they also ask you to rank from 1-10 how the experience was.... what do they expect?
The whole survey is a joke and a sham. I doubt they really compile the results of all those surveys. It is just a lead in to try to sell you an Encore Package.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Had a Vistana presentation a few days ago that was going fine, pretty low pressure, and as soon as she realized we were unlikely to buy (after I asked about resale), she had us out the door, or cubicle, rather quickly!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspected we'll have our quickest and very last presentation ever in Aug when we do the encore package follow up. When we had the prior presentation I told them very clearly that with my portfolio I have no need for the DC points program and figured they would never offer me the encore but they did anyway.

When they did I asked them why they would offer it to me because my attitude wasn't likely to change and they said they wanted me to check out the program and then see. Well I'm going to go back during the encore and immediately say I confirmed my position and I have absolutely no desire to buy anything. If at that time someone gives a rude attitude I am going to give it right back to them in spades because I told them that my attitude wouldn't change and they offered the deal to me anyway so I'll make them remember my name and have my file marked "NO MORE PRESENTATIONS".

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

And even if you do say "One" (or even "Zero"), what are they going to do about it? Reprimand the original sales person? :rolleyes:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I say no to every sales presentation offered. I used to get all involved in the sales process. Being a former sales director, I used to help the salespeople along with the sale. I would help them along with my closing, or handling my objections, then I'd set them up for a sale and finally after mulling it over, say no. All this took too much effort, and time, and then I realized the game was all I was after. So I quit playing the prospect and started playing the tourist. And being a tourist means not attending time consuming presentations.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
I say no to every sales presentation offered. I used to get all involved in the sales process. Being a former sales director, I used to help the salespeople along with the sale. I would help them along with my closing, or handling my objections, then I'd set them up for a sale and finally after mulling it over, say no. All this took too much effort, and time, and then I realized the game was all I was after. So I quit playing the prospect and started playing the tourist. And being a tourist means not attending time consuming presentations.
Yup I agreed, I believe I will do the same even because there is really no way I will throw out of the window so much money for DC points or whatever they have to offer.

Holly328

Reaction score
I once worked with someone (non-sales job) who knew that she was getting fired at the end of the week. She spent his last two days doing everything wrong and making as big a mess as she possibly could on purpose.

taffy19

Reaction score
I went yesterday for the owner upgrade presentation, the gift was an Amex for the amount of $150.
Well, I get there and salesman asked me why I was there, I answered.... well, I don't know, at check in they told me you have a lot of news for me and asked to attend the presentation for a gift of $150 and I did.
Well presentation last 20 mins and I asked some questions regarding point system and cost....
Answer from salesman: well sir I work for commission and our clients are very wealthy people and I can see, you will never be able to spend $100.000 to get a point package that will work for you, based on the vacations you do.... my wife eyes became bigger then the moon.... I didn't say anything .... he left... another gentleman came in to try to offer us a vacation for 5 days 4 night for $1195, we passed so he gave us our gift and we left.... total time spent 42 minutes....
Now, I had a lot to tell to this gentleman but I didn't, for sure he was right on one thing.... I will never spend $100.000 for a vacation package, when you can buy resale for a fraction of that cost, only an idiot will do that or same one that doesn't give any importance to the value of money, anyway I was just speechless, he actually said I was not the client Marriott normally deal with....good for me I'm not an idiot....
the good part of all this... I didn't waste hours to try to get out from it...
At what resort where you? I would report his attitude to the Sales Manager as this is uncalled for. We have done many updates over the years and we never have had this kind of treatment.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Unlike many who post here, we always try to schedule a presentation unless we are only planning to be at the resort for a couple of nights. It is more often than not an interesting experience, although it was more fun in the old days when they were selling weeks. The gifts are normally worth a couple hours of our time and we are able to say no rather easily.

By the way, I think I hold the record for shortest presentation (for sure no one has ever had a shorter one). In Park City a few years ago 2 or 3 of the 4 Marriott sales people called in sick on the day of our presentation so the presentation was canceled and could not be rescheduled before we checked out. Because it was their fault, we were given the 15,000 or 20,000 MR points (cannot remember which it was) with no presentation.

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a sales presentation at Manor Club last week. The guy was very pleasant. Timing involved was reasonable.

We opted for the 25k points. At end of presentation we were told it may take 6 weeks to show up in account.

At Oceana Palms people are asked for their cc number in case they are a no show to presentation. If the points are deposited into their account they would be charged for them.

With a 6 week delay in the deposit of points I don't see how a "no show" would be an issue.

I really want my points asap because I have a use for them and it was the reason we agreed to the presentation. Is the timing of deposit controlled by each resort?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I really want my points asap because I have a use for them and it was the reason we agreed to the presentation. Is the timing of deposit controlled by each resort?
I do think it is up to each sales center to submit their reports for the points to be posted. I think the timing of when they post is based on when you toured during the cycle. So if you tour right after they submit a report, you could wait a while. But, if you tour the day before they submit their reports, you could have your points in a few days. Of course, this is all based on theory and who knows how they really do it. This is perhaps what makes sense, but they don't always do what makes sense.

Oceana Palms/Ocean Pointe say they pre-gift your tour incentive. So in cases where they give Marriott Money or some other cash type incentify, having a CC on file is a good idea so they can charge if you no show. I have yet to see where my pre-gifted points actually showed up before the tour. So no such thing as pre-gifting MR points.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
We have been often told to allow six weeks to see the MRP posted to our account but usually see them much sooner.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a sales presentation at Manor Club last week. The guy was very pleasant. Timing involved was reasonable.

We opted for the 25k points. At end of presentation we were told it may take 6 weeks to show up in account.

At Oceana Palms people are asked for their cc number in case they are a no show to presentation. If the points are deposited into their account they would be charged for them.

With a 6 week delay in the deposit of points I don't see how a "no show" would be an issue.

We did a prevention at Crystal shores last week. It took the full 90 minutes even though it was pretty clear we weren't buying since we just enrolled last spring. Saleswoman was suggesting we buy lots of points, book reservations and then sell then on vrbo. Interesting tactic.

We got 55K MR points and they were posted to our account by that evening.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did a prevention at Crystal shores last week. It took the full 90 minutes even though it was pretty clear we weren't buying since we just enrolled last spring. Saleswoman was suggesting we buy lots of points, book reservations and then sell then on vrbo. Interesting tactic.

We got 55K MR points and they were posted to our account by that evening.
That is an exceptional number of MR points to receive.
As you say too, a very interesting sales tactic to recommend then selling (renting?) via VRBO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe when we visit Crystal Shores in November we'll do a prevention and get 55K points that post before the 25K from Manor Club ;)

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Maybe when we visit Crystal Shores in November we'll do a prevention and get 55K points that post before the 25K from Manor Club ;)
25,000 is way more than we ever got at Manor Club. Manor Club has never posted our tour points as quickly as some other resorts but it has never taken six weeks. Your points will probably post sooner than that.