• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

quetions about 2 bdr Grand Waikikian

FANERDAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I own @ the Lagoon Tower, but because of mobility issue we haven't been able to stay there for several years. I have M.S. and find I need a mobility scooter to get around. We have stayed at the Kalia for the last several years and have found the elevators there "scooter friendly". This year we are staying in a 2bdr at the Waikikian and hopefully will have easy access.
`Haven't seen the lanais at the Waikikian. Are they large enough to fit a standard chaise lounge? Am thinking about buying one to use while I'm there so I can lay out without the problems I have in a pool environment. Last question has any had anything from Amazon delivered to their resort? Might be an easy way to by a chaise if there is enough room.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My wife and I own @ the Lagoon Tower, but because of mobility issue we haven't been able to stay there for several years. I have M.S. and find I need a mobility scooter to get around. We have stayed at the Kalia for the last several years and have found the elevators there "scooter friendly". This year we are staying in a 2bdr at the Waikikian and hopefully will have easy access.
`Haven't seen the lanais at the Waikikian. Are they large enough to fit a standard chaise lounge? Am thinking about buying one to use while I'm there so I can lay out without the problems I have in a pool environment. Last question has any had anything from Amazon delivered to their resort? Might be an easy way to by a chaise if there is enough room.

On the question about deliveries, We have gotten Amazon deliveries to the Grand Waikikian Desk. Address: 1811 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96815

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed on the 31st floor, last July.
The lanai door seems to be standard width and the main lanai facing the Lagoon Tower/ Pacific should be large enough for a scooter.
I would attach a picture but don't know how to do it with this new layout...

FANERDAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed on the 31st floor, last July.
The lanai door seems to be standard width and the main lanai facing the Lagoon Tower/ Pacific should be large enough for a scooter.
I would attach a picture but don't know how to do it with this new layout...
How about a chaise lounge?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
You may want to contact the resort to see if you can request a chaise lounge. They have them for the penthouse units.
Here are some pictures of the balconies from the non-penthouse units.

Additional Grand Waikikian room photos can be found in the following TUG Member albums
maverick1963's photos - https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117164809883855204627
dougp26364's photos - https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare
alwysonvac's photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets

8415472296_8335ac2854_z.jpg

8414375459_7eb5dce7c2_z.jpg

8415465170_c07d562d73_z.jpg

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I found the Grand Waikikian rooms facing Ala Moana Blvd the noisiest due to the traffic noise. It took me by surprise at first. I only sat out on the balcony in the early morning hours and kept the balcony doors closed during the day due to the noise level. I can say that the sound proofing at the Grand Waikikian was very good since I didn't hear the traffic noise once the balcony door was shut.

The standard Kalia tower rooms facing the city/mountain also gets some traffic noise but I don't recall it being as loud as it was at the Grand Waikikian. However, I've only stayed in the Kalia city/mountain view room once and it was many years ago.

NOTE: Most of the Grand Waikikian standard and plus units face Ala Moana Blvd

FANERDAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to contact the resort to see if you can request a chaise lounge. They have them for the penthouse units.

Additional Grand Waikikian room photos can be found in the following TUG Member albums
maverick1963's photos - https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117164809883855204627

I found the Grand Waikikian rooms facing Ala Moana Blvd the noisiest due to the traffic noise. It took me by surprise at first. I only sat out on the balcony in the early morning hours and kept the balcony doors closed during the day due to the noise level. I can say that the sound proofing at the Grand Waikikian was very good since I didn't hear the traffic noise once the balcony door was shut.

The standard Kalia tower rooms facing the city/mountain also gets some traffic noise but I don't recall it being as loud as it was at the Grand Waikikian. However, I've only stayed in the Kalia city/mountain view room once and it was many years ago.

NOTE: Most of the Grand Waikikian standard and plus units face Ala Moana Blvd
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Thanks, now I think I will order a chaise from Amazon. Do you think a chaise would fit?
We haven't stayed in Grand Waikikian in a number of years, we usually stay in Lagoon. I couldn't answer this. It also may depend on the room number

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina

I sent you a PM on this as I need information on why you feel a mobility scooter hinders you from staying there.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina

Would you know if any of the two bedrooms in Lagoon Tower Penthouse are on the main level, rather than upstairs? Or are both bedrooms on the second level of the two-storey PH?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The Penthouse units are on the top floor of the building, so no ground floor options....sorry!

Best,

Greg

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
The Penthouse units are on the top floor of the building, so no ground floor options....sorry!

Best,

Greg

No, I understand that. My question was within the penthouse unit, which I'd two stories, is their a bedroom on the lower level, or are they both on the upper level? In other words, do you have to climb the stairs to get to a bedroom?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
No, I understand that. My question was within the penthouse unit, which I'd two stories, is their a bedroom on the lower level, or are they both on the upper level? In other words, do you have to climb the stairs to get to a bedroom?

I have not stayed in any of the Penthouse units, but based on the pictures i have seen i believe the kitchens and living areas are on one level and the bedrooms are on the other level of the units.

I know a few Tuggers own these or at least have stayed in one of these. Hopefully they can confirm the configurations.