*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Questions re: Club Intrawest sales process

Discussion in 'All Other Timeshare Systems' started by ZDJ, May 24, 2006.

1. ZDJ

ZDJ TUG Member

Hi All,
    Question for those of you with CI experience: When you went on your discovery stay, what type of accomodation were you put in? At Whistler were you placed in a Intrawest-developed, non-timeshare unit? (i.e., a condo that was utilizing the Intrawest rental program)? I'm definitely interested in the Whistler location, but want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.
    Thanks,
    ZDJ

2. tashamen

tashamen TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
    In case you aren't aware of it, CI owners have no "home" resort, so if you buy CI points they're not specifically for Whistler.

Sorry I can't help you with the rest of your question as we never went on a discovery stay. We have some friends who did that at the Mont Tremblant location, and they were put up in one of the other Intrawest-owned properties there and not at Club Intrawest. I think that's pretty common to those deals at many timeshares.

3. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

When you stay, you'll be put in several different kinds of rooms depending on what time of year you visit. You may stay in a hotel or Condo in town during the peak demand season for the clubs rooms. But during slower demand times you may be given a room at the club location.

Please read the TUG advice for club Intrawest on the TUG advice page. Link here

Good Luck

4. OnMedic

OnMedic TUG Member

We did the discovery last year in Tremblant for an affordable anniverary weekend away. As mentioned, there is no home resort so everyone has the same reservation window for all the resorts.

We stayed at one of the intrawest branded Condo-Hotels. It was very nice, and in fact we are now considering purchasing a quarter at the resort which we stayed. Part of the CI sales pitch was that if you upgrade to any intrawest product in the future, your CI could be traded in for full credit. I am not sure if that includes buying resale...?