• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jrogge

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hello - My Dad has a little over a million points with a presidential reserve account. He wants to get out from under it all together. As I understand it the perks of presidential reserve don't transfer if it's sold. Everyone who calls him seems to be a scammer telling him he has to pay them $1000s to get out from under it.

Who can I have him talk to who is legit, trustworthy, and not out to screw him? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The title of your thread has been edited to comply with forum rules.

Jrogge

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ooops, sorry, and thanks.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I replied to your questions. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send a separate email. Thanks.
Igot it and tried to send a response but havent yet figured out the new TUG

so yes, send me an email

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
to reply to a conversation, click the "inbox" link at the top right hand corner...its just like PMs were on the vbulletin forum.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
no Brian its different

In the past there were two ways to send a note to another tug member, you could choose private message or you could choose email
and in the past when someone sent me a private message I would get an email from TUG that said I had a private message and advised me to go to the the tugbbs to read it. The text of the message was not in the advisory email.

But now if someone sends me what used to be called a private message, the text of their message is in the advisory email

When I got an email with the text of a message to me, I assumed that it was an email I could respond to like before, but no...things are different now.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk
Same question here! We have 350k points at Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk that we'd like to get rid of completely and forever. We've only ever had experiences with the upfront money scams that just list our points on a site and never touch them again.

Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no Brian its different

In the past there were two ways to send a note to another tug member, you could choose private message or you could choose email
and in the past when someone sent me a private message I would get an email from TUG that said I had a private message and advised me to go to the the tugbbs to read it. The text of the message was not in the advisory email.

But now if someone sends me what used to be called a private message, the text of their message is in the advisory email

When I got an email with the text of a message to me, I assumed that it was an email I could respond to like before, but no...things are different now.

That is correct.

previously when you got a private message (now called a conversation) an email notification was sent to you just like now. however now the contents of the message is indeed included in the email notification.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Same question here! We have 350k points at Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk that we'd like to get rid of completely and forever. We've only ever had experiences with the upfront money scams that just list our points on a site and never touch them again.

Thanks!

what did the ovation people say, would they not let you surrender them?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
what did the ovation people say, would they not let you surrender them?

Andrew, this is a simple and painless alternative. BUT, before you do that, your contract has very reasonable maintenance fees, and you will easily find someone here on TUG that will pay all transfer fees and possibly give you a few bucks for it rather than give it back to Wyndham to resell for tens of thousands.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk
Andrew, this is a simple and painless alternative. BUT, before you do that, your contract has very reasonable maintenance fees, and you will easily find someone here on TUG that will pay all transfer fees and possibly give you a few bucks for it whether than give it back to Wyndham to resell for tens of thousands.
Honestly, I have never heard of the ovation program before, but I'm sure it's to Wyndham's benefit, not ours - other than finally being rid of it.

We've tried over the years asking various people at Wyndham for options to get rid of it, but they never mentioned the Ovation program or anything like it. There was mention of a rental program, but every time we tried to ask questions about it or how to use it, no one at Wyndham would respond.

I suppose I'll look into Ovation or try list on the sale pages here, thanks!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovations ... is a give back to Wyndham program. Wyndham will pick when and what they will take back .. but it is free. I am sure someone will PM you a contact number or email address.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if you get some PMs before you even post it for sale here. Like I said, you have a pretty desirable contract as CWP contracts go.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score