*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question about The Home Resort Season reservations period

Discussion in 'Hilton / HGVC' started by Cool_beans00, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Cool_beans00

Cool_beans00 TUG Member

Hi I have a quick question about the Home Resort Season reservations period.

As stated here in this link http://www.tug2.net/advice/hgvc.htm

My question is, if I have 7000 Pts for a 2bedroom Platinum season. Does that mean I can't book a room in the gold season during "home resort season" since it's not EXACTLY what I own? I understand if I had owned a 2bedroom during gold season I won't be able to book a week during the platinum season. But what about the other way around?

thanks in advance!

2. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club
    You are correct -- you must book exactly what you own. So no, you do not have Home Resort Season advantage when trying to book in Gold season with your Platinum season week.

Kurt

3. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Only the reservation period is off...

"Members have a priority reservation period to reserve their Home Week during the 'Home Week Reservation Window.' This window lasts approximately 90 days beginning one year (365 days) prior to the start date of the desired check-in date and ending nine (9) months (276 days) in advance of the desired check-in date."
    -- Members Guide, pg.155 (emphasis added)

But otherwise, the reservation must be for the same season as what you you own, in the same size unit, for seven consecutive days using the resort's designated check-in day.

4. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

Most people here on TUG have found that for most of the year that they don't seem to have a lot of trouble making reservation during club season. ( 9 months before check-in)

IMHO you probably don't need to worry about being able to book a gold week with platinum points