• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing Wyndham through resale

m2736185

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking a few Wyndham timeshares for sale. One of the lower packages are available for 75k Wyndham points mfs are about $500 a year. I guess all Wyndham timeshares come with a free RCI account? Does anyone know the transfer rate from Wyndham points to RCI?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you Access Rci from your Wyndham account you see Rci vacations denominated in Wyndham points

There is a grid in the Wyndham directory(link in the Wyndham stickies) that shows the rates. However there are often reservations available for less that the standard rate and you do have the ability to make last call reservations (cash only)

m2736185

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that was my main reason for wanting to purchase a wyndham timeshare. Access to the last call reservations. I noticed there are many Wyndham 100k point timeshares on eBay selling for a $100 or less. MFs are usually around $500. Any properties I should look for in particular? Is there anyway to ensure you don't purchase a timeshare that will have assessment fees attached?

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Well that was my main reason for wanting to purchase a wyndham timeshare. Access to the last call reservations. I noticed there are many Wyndham 100k point timeshares on eBay selling for a $100 or less. MFs are usually around $500. Any properties I should look for in particular? Is there anyway to ensure you don't purchase a timeshare that will have assessment fees attached?

Add $128 to whatever the maintenance fees are for the contract you choose. That is the minimum program fee Wyndham and what actually pays for your RCI account. So, choose a contract with the lowest MF's possible to offset some of your costs. Look at National Harbor, Canterbury, Bali Hai, Panama City Beach.

Assessments are very rare with Wyndham. If you are worried about that stay away from resorts in the path of hurricanes and typhoons.

Lastly, when you look at the exchange grid for Wyndham points understand you can only exchange for a full week. You cannot do partial weeks. So figure what size unit you want and pick the amount of points you need from there. Makes no sense to get an 84k contract when you will need 105k. If all you want RCI for is Last Call then disregard this.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you live, but Wyndham Shawnee, (Northeast PA right of I-80 by the Delaware River) has lower than normal MFs.... look for a points contract (converted to points or the newer Crestview section for UDI points). But if you live nearby and as a Shawnee owner, you have Day Priviledges to use the resort's indoor pool, outdoor pools, rec center, etc ... all activities like Karoke Night, bingo, etc.

MFs for FWs are under $700 ... highest number of point contracts are 175K .. but most PRIME seasons weeks are 166K. Almost all Fixed Weeks are 2/2 units with the original section having some 1/1 units.

m2736185

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Wyndham offer any last minute deals internally? I am trying to decide between Grandview Las Vegas an RCI resort or Wyndham Ocean Blvd which would also give me access to RCI. Which do you guys think is the better option

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Any Wyndham resort you purchase in its point system will give you access to RCI. Since you are just looking for RCI access buy the one with lower maintenance fees.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Does Wyndham offer any last minute deals internally?

Actually, I did notice that Bonnet Creek was showing discounted points for the coming month (and I'm not VIP). It's been several years since Wyndham regularly offered points discounts to non-VIP members, and in the new system it doesn't look like there's a page where such discounts would be compiled (which there used to be several years ago), so if they're bringing discounts back it will probably be very hit or miss.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own fixed week timeshares (non-wyn) and a wyn points. I only use the Wyn points for RCI into DVC. They are not "a good deal" compared to a good fixed week trader. 75k will get you very little in RCI, realistically, you will get 2 1 bedroom exchanges every 3 years (or a 2 bedroom every other year). If RCI trading is what you want - you can do much better with a good fixed week timeshare.

m2736185

TUG Member
Reaction score
Primarily I am looking for flexibility and the ability to purchases discounted last minute deals. Partial weekly rentals would be ideal. I was thinking of going with Wyndham because I can also use my points for nightly stays at their non resort properties. I have also been looking at the RCI affiliated property Grandview. Perhaps I can purchase points from others if needed and utilize the RCI cash deals

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Primarily I am looking for flexibility and the ability to purchases discounted last minute deals. Partial weekly rentals would be ideal. I was thinking of going with Wyndham because I can also use my points for nightly stays at their non resort properties. I have also been looking at the RCI affiliated property Grandview. Perhaps I can purchase points from others if needed and utilize the RCI cash deals

You won't be able to use (resale) Wyndham TimeShare Points to stay at Wyndham hotels.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would look at a PRIME season fixed week where the resort is associated with BOTH RCI and II plus might be part of a mini-chain with RCI. RCI points get MORE than 60,000 RCI points for MFs under $1000 yearly (at least that is my goal)....some resorts have 86,000 RCI with MFs under $850 ... but not where I usually stay .. (too inland for me; golf is good but I don't play golf).

So Christmas/NYE Fixed Week (just about anywhere) or a July 4th Fixed Week (beach area)... should get you what you want. Just be sure the MFs are low (under $900) and the unit is at least a 2/2 for that MFs. A lockoff works better in RCI ... combining TPUs as 2 deposits get you more TPUs than a 2/2 unit single (at least in the past).

If you go for an II unit only ... get the larger 2/2 unit over a 1/1. In II you can EXCHANGE DOWN in unit size.. so the 2/2 you will see more units that a 1/1 ... Seasons do affect matching in II.

If you are NOT a TUG paying member .. become one. Follow the Sightenings Thread to learn a lot more before buying anything,

m2736185

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would look at a PRIME season fixed week where the resort is associated with BOTH RCI and II plus might be part of a mini-chain with RCI. RCI points get MORE than 60,000 RCI points for MFs under $1000 yearly (at least that is my goal)....some resorts have 86,000 RCI with MFs under $850 ... but not where I usually stay .. (too inland for me; golf is good but I don't play golf).

So Christmas/NYE Fixed Week (just about anywhere) or a July 4th Fixed Week (beach area)... should get you what you want. Just be sure the MFs are low (under $900) and the unit is at least a 2/2 for that MFs. A lockoff works better in RCI ... combining TPUs as 2 deposits get you more TPUs than a 2/2 unit single (at least in the past).

If you go for an II unit only ... get the larger 2/2 unit over a 1/1. In II you can EXCHANGE DOWN in unit size.. so the 2/2 you will see more units that a 1/1 ... Seasons do affect matching in II.

If you are NOT a TUG paying member .. become one. Follow the Sightenings Thread to learn a lot more before buying anything,

I am a member, but isn't the only benefit classified ads

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Also reviews

But the real benefit of membership and paying the $15 is tugBrian. I don't know the details of his financial compensation but I do know that without him there is no tug and he deserves to be paid for what he does

And it's certainly not cheap to run a website and forum of this scale and traffic.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Also reviews

But the real benefit of membership and paying the $15 is tugBrian. I don't know the details of his financial compensation but I do know that without him there is no tug and he deserves to be paid for what he does

Well stated. As a newbie this form has saved me thousands and introduced me to those of you who I have learned tremendously from. I will continue to be a contributing member from now on. Cannot wait to close on our first contract and begin making reservations

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I don't know the details of his financial compensation but I do know that without him there is no tug and he deserves to be paid for what he does
I became a member because of your comment. He does deserve to be paid. I took the 3 year option, so only $10/year. It did force me to create a new account (maybe I just missed the 'covert to member' button). And, for the record, I was CYRUS2400, don't want to be accused of having multiple unique accounts, account names are very similar. And, I still want the Credit Pool back!!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I became a member because of your comment. He does deserve to be paid. I took the 3 year option, so only $10/year. It did force me to create a new account (maybe I just missed the 'covert to member' button). And, for the record, I was CYRUS2400, don't want to be accused of having multiple unique accounts, account names are very similar. And, I still want the Credit Pool back!!!
I did it today also. I'm still just Braindead though no aliases here. Guest to member paid for 3 yrs

WhoDey

Reaction score
When buying resale especially through eBay. Should I request to see the contract and or anything else I should request before submitting payment to the seller. I notice some say send PayPal after auction ends and some when auction ends send name, #, drivers license etc.... and cashiers check or money order.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When buying resale especially through eBay. Should I request to see the contract and or anything else I should request before submitting payment to the seller. I notice some say send PayPal after auction ends and some when auction ends send name, #, drivers license etc.... and cashiers check or money order.
Contract? If you mean purchase agreement. I never send money without a purchase agreement. Some have advised not paying until you receive a copy of the estoppel but I have payed sometimes without the estoppel.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Any Wyndham resort you purchase in its point system will give you access to RCI. Since you are just looking for RCI access buy the one with lower maintenance fees.

Buy a triennial 1bdr grandview in RCI Points. MF will be about $191 a year, plus you will have to pay $129 for RCI annual fee, They just sold one on eBay, it came with 16,333 RCI points each year. That will get you a week or more on last minute deals

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I own fixed week timeshares (non-wyn) and a wyn points. I only use the Wyn points for RCI into DVC. They are not "a good deal" compared to a good fixed week trader. 75k will get you very little in RCI, realistically, you will get 2 1 bedroom exchanges every 3 years (or a 2 bedroom every other year). If RCI trading is what you want - you can do much better with a good fixed week timeshare.

Any suggestions/examples of good fixed week trader? Do any come with free Rci week membership?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy a fixed week at a Wyndham managed resort you do not get a free RCI account
I never bought anything to trade and I never used RCI much so my experience is very limited.... but I did own a white season, triennial, Vacation Village at parkway lockoff. My mf was $750 every three years. I always deposited it, as two one bedroom units, into RCI and got 40 TPU. I used the TPU for last minute trades back into Vacation Village Village at Parkway, at 5 tpu each.. so 8 weeks in a one bedroom for $750 plus 8 exchange fees (about $200 each) So for less than $2500 I got 8 weeks... about $300 a week.. I dont know how good that is, but it made me happy

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
If you buy a fixed week at a Wyndham managed resort you do not get a free RCI account
I never bought anything to trade and I never used RCI much so my experience is very limited.... but I did own a white season, triennial, Vacation Village at parkway lockoff. My mf was $750 every three years. I always deposited it, as two one bedroom units, into RCI and got 40 TPU. I used the TPU for last minute trades back into Vacation Village Village at Parkway, at 5 tpu each.. so 8 weeks in a one bedroom for $750 plus 8 exchange fees (about $200 each) So for less than $2500 I got 8 weeks... about $300 a week.. I dont know how good that is, but it made me happy
Good insights Ron

I think you will be better either renting, buying a fixed week non-wyndham, there are plenty of good traders out there.

That said my advice would be to pause and do some research. Depending on when you want to travel, where, what you own. these all play into what you can get.

we have 4 weeks in mexico. 1 trader and the other 3 are for our use. Not sure the trading makes sense all in but its what we do.

I'd also research on the non-wyndham forum as others may be able to help with info on trading, RCI and other exchanges.

Good luck...