*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Pueblo Bonito Changes

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by Al D, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Al D

Al D TUG Member

Does anyone know what's up with Pueblo Bonito and RCI?
    I tried to do a search for a Pueblo week not currently available and they said they don't do Pueblo Bonito searches anymore.
    I asked about the 2 searches I have had ongoing for the last 3 months and they said they were cancelled. I was online at the time and could tell they weren't cancelled.
    Then 2 hours later, they showed up online as cancelled.
    I then booked a tradewith a VC and they told me the new internal trade fee is $259
    WHAT???
    After some terse conversation they said that includes vacation insurance. They are apparently being told to include it in the price to get more people to take it.
    The VC couldn't tell me why no searches.
    Anyone have any info?
    Thanks,
    Al

2. siesta

siesta TUG Member

I can search online for PB's in cabo and mazatlan without a problem. and I don't believe that RCI rep, speak with another

3. Al D

Al D TUG Member

So far I have talked to 3 VC and they all say the same thing.
    You can search online, or they can search for weeks.
    What they won't do is an "ongoing search". Kind of like being camped on hold for a unit when it comes available.
    I have a 3br and to get another 3br I normally have to do and ongoing search to get one.

4. Rene McDaniel

Rene McDaniel TUG Member

Wow! That IS weird.

We have had a confirmed exchange into PB Sunset for Spring Break for over 9 months now. We've got airline tix and we're all set to go. I checked online and my confirmation is still in my RCI account this morning. We are PB owners, so I would be upset with both RCI & PBonito if they stopped honoring confirmed exchanges.

Have you tried calling the dedicated Pueblo Bonito owners phone line at RCI? Maybe they could give you more help/information as to what is going on. Their toll-free phone number is 1-888-909-4399.

Post back and let us know what happens. I remember talking to the PB desk awhile back, and hearing that they were trying to get PB resort preferences for PB owners after the last round of RCI changes to the Weeks program. I wonder if RCI and Pueblo Bonito have had some sort of falling out -- and possibly PB would be switching to Interval International (I.I.) for any future exchanges. THAT would be interesting. DVC has hopped around from RCI to I.I., and now back to RCI. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes between Pueblo Bonito and RCI?

-- Rene

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  5. Al D

Al D TUG Member

I have been dealing with the owners desk the whole time I dont think the regular desk will even talk to you if you own at PB.
    My online searches and my confirmed vacations are fine, but apparently you can't do an ongoing search for PB any more.
    If anyone finds out different, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Al

6. Al D

Al D TUG Member

Has anyone else been started on ongoing search for Pueblo Bonito?
    My freind, a non Pueblo Bonito owner gave me his account info and I proceeded to call RCI with his information. No problem starting an ongoing search.
    I wonder if they are letting non owers do a search, but not owners? why would they do that?
    Thanks,
    Al

7. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    I wonder if they are making a concerted effort to get non-owners to stay at the resort in order to get them to do a timeshare presentation?

8. siesta

siesta TUG Member

that would be a good guess. Besides the 1 in 4 to keep exchangers who don't buy out, they are also taking a similar approach for owners by restricting ongoing requests, basically giving non-owners priority over new deposits over owners. Unless there is some PB preference period on new deposits that I don't know about.

9. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    I don't know if it's still in effect, but at one time they said owner deposits would be made available only for other owners up to 120 days prior to the check-in date. At that time they would become available to any exchanger.

However, developer deposits don't fall into that category and I would imagine that there are a lot of developer deposits at Sunset Beach in Cabo and Emerald Bay in Mazatlan since they are actively selling there. Those deposits might show up at any time, I'm guessing.

10. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

You are correct, 79 units available on RCI for Sunset Beach in Cabo for February 2012, by far more units than any of the other resorts in Cabo for that month.