• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Problems making VISTANA reservations - official thread]

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I certainly hope not! That would be way too much Info overload to handle effectively. I hope they keep Vistana separate.

*Even before ILG came in, the Reps regularly gave out incorrect info - adding more would not make things better.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why VSE is closing early on Sundays now? They had reduced hours during the holidays but the web site states they are open until 6pm EST today which are normal hours for Sunday.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are you saying that when you called today, they closed before 6:00 pm Eastern? What was the message?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just called and it says they are closed with no explanation of why.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have been closed since 430pm EST. Yes, I received the message they were closed with no explanation.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent owner services an email asking what their hours of operation are.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
As another point of interest, phone wait times continue to be long. The Elite line wait time has been 30 minutes plus the last few weeks. Such outstanding service. :(

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The non-elite line has been twice that long...

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
As another point of interest, phone wait times continue to be long. The Elite line wait time has been 30 minutes plus the last few weeks. Such outstanding service. :(

I must just be lucky. I've called numerous times at various times of the day this past week and have gotten in immediately all but once, when I waited for 5 minutes.

Whether the rep who answered the phone each time was knowledgeable and efficient is another story... :wall:

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also been having problems with availability on villa finder. At my home resort, there were only 1 bedroom deluxe units released on time the last few weeks. There were no 1 bedroom premium or 2 bedroom lock offs released for any of the January check in days. And these are not the most popular weeks in my season so I have a hard time believing all those units were grabbed within a second of the reservation window opening.

Sent from my KFSAWI using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As far as this is this a VSN reservations problem thread - I only have positive feedback so far (sorry).

Last Thur (on-line at 9pm pst) - I was able to cancel HomeResort reservation (OFD studio WKORV) that I made for Jan6'18 and rebook for Jan20'18 in less than 1 minute, and received email confirmation a few minutes later. Last year, WKORV Owners were having a difficult time making reservations (as discussed) in Jan-Feb. So, I was nervous about cancelling and getting shut-out.

Last night (on-line at 9pm pst) - I made a rare (for me) VSN SO exchange (@8mon) and cancel our HomeResort reservation for our WPORV studio (week), for 6 nights in a WPORV 1Bd (as we much prefer the 1Bd). Again, took ~1 minute, and received confirmation within minutes.

I had to call this morning about an upcoming reservation (~11am pst) - pretty much picked-up immediately. I think the Elite #, the one I always call as I am 3* - woohoo! ;)

Other than PrezDay week last Feb - I have had no issues/problems with multiple reservations since on-line was available (I did prior to online...). Yes, it can be improved - but sure the heck beats calling at 6am and deal with phone processes.

Last edited:

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Good to hear of some positive experiences. I hope its a sign that things are improving.

Markus

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Call today to ask how VSE/VSN plans to take payment for 3rd party reservation changes - took ~10 minutes to get through.

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Trying to get on vistana sight and can't even get on to website. Message popped up about being unusually busy and try back later. This keeps getting better and better.

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Wow! We are are currently serving an unusually high number of guests and we hope you will try again in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience!

GATEWAY TIME-OUT
The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

• Ray ID:
  • Your IP address:
  • Error reference number: 504
  • Cloudflare Location: Los Angeles

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Must be fixed now. I am having no problems logging in to the Vistana site. Perhaps they were doing some maintenance to allow people to add guest certificates online!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I had the same issue booking Christmas week at Harborside at 12 months out. My guess is that all the Christas week inventory at various resorts was grabbed by Vistana (unless you purchased the holiday week for a premium) since 2017 has 53 weeks and they owe owners inventory for only 52 weeks. I was able to reserve week 53 (New Years) easily at 12 months out and some of it was even available the following morning.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana KOR South and North. Vistana Nanea.
I could not book my home use at Lagunamar tonight. Signed on at 12:00 midnight eatern to book for Dec 23, no availability......

This is not what we bought into ten years ago. Yet another bad experience trying to book my KORV South Ocean-Front Ownership. For the second year in a row both availability and system crashing issues.

Pressed the search button seconds after midnight last Wednesday for a 2/9/2018 booking - zero availability. Tried for over two hours. Tried again last Thursday night for a 2/10/2018 booking - availability for the one bedroom we were interested in but the system crashed saying "sorry we are having difficulties please refresh your browser" after pressing confirm button during the 5 minute counter. Immediately started over and was able to get a studio, but message came back "booking already in progress" and had to try again. Finally able to book a studio on my third try after two crashes. Then, received separate confirmations for both the one bedroom and the studio! Appears my original booking went through after all, so ultimately I got what I originally wanted, albeit through a ridiculous process.

Then I received a satisfaction survey on the booking process. I've all but given up filling out these surveys but this was so egregious I went ahead and responded. Very poor ratings and no, I'm not likely to recommend Vistana ownership. Of course this is not life and death and in the grand scheme of things not worth getting exasperated over. However, it continues to be more and more difficult to book what we own such that the value we all paid such a premium price for (and continue to pay in rising Maintenance Fees and now 3rd Party Booking Fees that apparently even apply to our immediate family members) just is not there.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Was that an OFD or OFC studio? I have no issues so far in cancelling and re-reserving my OFD studio. But, as mid-Feb approaches worried that I will drop my current reservation (3rd week in Jan 2018) and then get locked out.

It is important to allow for processing time before trying to proceed - I had some thing happen last year ('booking in process' notice).

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This is not what we bought into ten years ago. Yet another bad experience trying to book my KORV South Ocean-Front Ownership. For the second year in a row both availability and system crashing issues.

Pressed the search button seconds after midnight last Wednesday for a 2/9/2018 booking - zero availability. Tried for over two hours. Tried again last Thursday night for a 2/10/2018 booking - availability for the one bedroom we were interested in but the system crashed saying "sorry we are having difficulties please refresh your browser" after pressing confirm button during the 5 minute counter. Immediately started over and was able to get a studio, but message came back "booking already in progress" and had to try again. Finally able to book a studio on my third try after two crashes. Then, received separate confirmations for both the one bedroom and the studio! Appears my original booking went through after all, so ultimately I got what I originally wanted, albeit through a ridiculous process.

I remember that snafu last year (there are TUG threads in which it is discussed). I tried to log on just before 9:00pm PST about 369 days ago; the system did not function. After multiple retries, I was able to make my reservation at about 9:20. As a result, we were reservation #12 in a queue of 15 (for OFC units). As a result, we are on the third floor.

But we did get the reservation, we are on Maui, and the sun is shining.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana KOR South and North. Vistana Nanea.
Was that an OFD or OFC studio? I have no issues so far in cancelling and re-reserving my OFD studio. But, as mid-Feb approaches worried that I will drop my current reservation (3rd week in Jan 2018) and then get locked out.

It is important to allow for processing time before trying to proceed - I had some thing happen last year ('booking in process' notice).

It was an OFD. Interested to see if we are successful this coming Thursday in booking the studio for the second week.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I remember that snafu last year (there are TUG threads in which it is discussed). I tried to log on just before 9:00pm PST about 369 days ago; the system did not function. After multiple retries, I was able to make my reservation at about 9:20. As a result, we were reservation #12 in a queue of 15 (for OFC units). As a result, we are on the third floor.

But we did get the reservation, we are on Maui, and the sun is shining.

And how did you know you were #12 out of 15 in the question?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
And how did you know you were #12 out of 15 in the question?

Not my post, but I have been told what my queue number was at check-in, but never saw one during online reservation process. I suspect that was the justification the Front Desk gave for the 3rd floor location.

I was #1 in queue for a WPORV 1Bd reservation - and pretty much was allowed to choose my villa location (when I inquired at the Front Desk the Wednesday before our Saturday checkin).