• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

problem signing in today

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought most of the problems were behind us. I have tried numerous times to sign into wyndham but getting the error screen to go back. I got in once did a few things then signed out. went to go back in and again I am unable. UGHH. Will it ever end?

finally tried a different browser and was able to get in.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, it's Wyndham's new dysfunctional piece of crap website so expect problems and most importantly, expect the worse online experience possible. . .

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
After weeks of being able to sign in, now I get the "Something’s not right. Please check your username and password, and try again."

Both are correct...this website is just so f'ing aggravating on so many levels.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We cannot get into our Wyndham account either. It's a concern. I hope we are not included in the next tier of shutdowns.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am in right now and it seems to be moving along okay.

On a Mac, using Safari if that helps.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Clearing cache and cookies on all browsers sometimes works. RickandCindy, has anything new happened to your account? New contract? Sold contract? Name, address, phone # change? These lead to lockouts for some reason. And if the N&A on new website does not match old website it's out you go. Why? No idea.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sold a contract that got processed yesterday; I'm guessing that's it.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sold a contract that got processed yesterday; I'm guessing that's it.

You might be right. How horrible is the IT department?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Your Wyndham brain trust."

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We cannot get into our Wyndham account either. It's a concern. I hope we are not included in the next tier of shutdowns.

I've been locked out for a little over a week. They keep saying it is a programming issue. Sigh. o_O

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been locked out for a little over a week. They keep saying it is a programming issue. Sigh. o_O

What is the programming error that locks people out of their accounts? And others are still able to get in. It seem to have more to do with tracking peoples accounts with an automatic lock out depending on what they are tracking. I wonder if this has to do with renters or people on the website all day. Just a thought. There has to be something triggering the lock outs.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
[Political posts are not permitted on TUG - you are welcome to repost with no political content.]

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the programming error that locks people out of their accounts? And others are still able to get in. It seem to have more to do with tracking peoples accounts with an automatic lock out depending on what they are tracking. I wonder if this has to do with renters or people on the website all day. Just a thought. There has to be something triggering the lock outs.

Only 2 things happened before I was locked out. I called to ask a question and had a super nice interaction on the phone, and I encouraged someone here to rescind a developer purchase. I have no VIP, do not rent, get no perks.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I still can't sign in, but I can at least create a new profile under my wife's name so we can at have online access.

We see that our account is just a complete mess now. None of our ownerships are listed under our names, they're under people we've brought/sold contracts from/to. All of our bookings were supposedly made by these other people as well. Points aren't quite correct either. I still don't have ARP rights for one of my deeds - an ongoing problem.

I have a bad feeling this will take many phone calls & many hours on hold to resolve. :mad:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, account is fixed, sorta...at least the ownership details & points are correct. However, I still have to re-register constantly, as my registration only lasts for a day or so until I get locked out yet again. IT is working on it, I'm told.

I'm now on my sixth registration name/password.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

Still locked out. Today, I was blamed for it. The care center employee told me I was probably still locked out because I keep trying to log in. The nerve of me!

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

I see three things so far that cause lockouts. Then name and address is not the same, for whatever reason, from the old system to the new system. Adding a contract to your account. Pooling points before the Great Debacle. The N&A thing seems to be a recurring problem as people are getting locked out multiple times. Same with pooled points. And it'll happen every time you add a new contract. Why? Poor programming. When does it get fixed? That is the $64,000 question.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see three things so far that cause lockouts. Then name and address is not the same, for whatever reason, from the old system to the new system. Adding a contract to your account. Pooling points before the Great Debacle. The N&A thing seems to be a recurring problem as people are getting locked out multiple times. Same with pooled points. And it'll happen every time you add a new contract. Why? Poor programming. When does it get fixed? That is the $64,000 question.

Not every one that bought/sold t a contract is locked out. If that was the case there would be many more people Locked out. Name and address thing would have been corrected at first login in. Not repeated lock outs. Some owners only have 1 person locked out while others on the same account can log in.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Not every one that bought/sold t a contract is locked out. If that was the case there would be many more people Locked out. Name and address thing would have been corrected at first login in. Not repeated lock outs. Some owners only have 1 person locked out while others on the same account can log in.

I did not say everyone got locked out, but only that that is one of the triggers. Name and Address doesn't always stay corrected. It's absolute craziness how one account is affected and another is not. I think we can all agree that poor software is the culprit, but how to fix it .....

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Clearing cache and cookies on all browsers sometimes works. RickandCindy, has anything new happened to your account? New contract? Sold contract? Name, address, phone # change? These lead to lockouts for some reason. And if the N&A on new website does not match old website it's out you go. Why? No idea.
Nah, we haven't purchased anything for at least 9 years. So annoying. I still cannot log into the account. Frustrating.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still think that Wyyndham deliberately hired IT people who are not timeshare owners, don't care about how owners view its functionality, and are totally guided by Wyndhams interests. Wyndham has the gold and makes the rules.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been locked out in the very beginning for no apparent reason. Then on and off locked out, Are you unlocked?

We were locked out for a while in the beginning. Then we were in, and now it has been a couple of weeks locked out again. No apparent reason other than me attempting to login which apparently triggers a lock out!