• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Problem Selling On-Line

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I posted this in the wrong place the first time I am new at this...I copied / paste from the eastern board sry...

Hi,

I am mc and am having a problem with a web site offering free postings of 5 units for 12 months,
I have posted too many times to remember exactly how many times I tried but it is more than 5 or 6, only to have my postings removed.
I am trying to work this out with the supposed manager of the site I will call ,JS, and I feel I am getting a run around.
In my opinion JS is trying to say they do not believe I actually own my postings but I asked them to call the closing company and gave hem a name there as well.
My last contact with this person was by email and was told they had no control over what happened before last Friday (the 6th) because they just took the position over then.
I quickly replied that my postings were added on Saturday and 4 more on Monday and all were removed, so this is where I stand now with no reply.

Minutes before I came here and typed this I sent another email practically begging to find out why I am being removed and what can I do to correct anything that I had wrong according to their standards.
I guess if I do not hear from them today I will tell more of my story here tomorrow.
I also informed them today I made Word copies and would like to go over them with them if possible.

I just want what the site claims they will do for a person.

Well it's been an hour with no response
so I will post this

Thanks for any input

mc

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe for starters you might mention what it is that you are selling. You have only posted to TUG twice and it's just been a rant about some other site. What do you want?

Jim

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe for starters you might mention what it is that you are selling.

Not sure how he will accomplish this with the "no adverstising" rules

You have only Duplicate posted to TUG twice and it's just been a rant about some other site. What do you want?

Jim

I was clueless as to what he was talking about

lost me at "I am mc"

Last edited:

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Posting

My postings were very specific of the unit and fixed weeks , with unit #s as well as week #s which were for sale.
The resorts were correct too.
Some were floating weeks which I described as titled with unit#s and weeks that were associated with the floating title.
My ads were correct with their description of what I own and what was for sale.
I also have traveled to all locations and my ads were written from my experiences.
When I would post an ad, I would get numerous people looking at them(so said the counter on the site)

Of course you must know that I was trying to sell timeshares that I personally own. I would not have wasted time writing anything here if it were something else.

As for the site that has been denying me the postings I would like to give them a day or two to continue ignoring my emails begging them to at least let me know what I did wrong in my ads.

After I sent the email on Monday I have not been blessed with a response from them, this was the email I sent after JS told me that (JS) just took over Friday and anything before that JS had no knowledge of, however my postings were put on after that and JS was put on the spot by my request. Maybe that is why I have not heard back from them.
I sent another today after my postings were taken down again with no response.
I guess I should "PAY" for an ad there, maybe that would stay.

I just figured that this , TUG, had people who would read this and maybe have had similar encounters with a web site and know how to deal with it.
Their proudly allowing people to post free ads and also pay for ads on their site. And then when I for 1 person does I continuously get deleted. It takes hours to make the postings and to have them gone in the same day as what happened today is wrong. And to add to that , ignore my requests to make it right through THEIR CHANNELS !!

I want to thank you two that responded, I was unclear, kind of upset as well as disappointed at the time I wrote that...
And the reason I am not mentioning the other site is because it it in the Forum already and good comments are there,but if I am still being ignored by them in a couple days I will mention them here, I feel there will be no other choice. I did ask if they were running a scam and that is what triggered a response in the first place.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would just move on - you have other options. Since it's free - you can't really expect much.

These are the sites I use:

TUG Timeshare Marketplace - http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/
1 year Membership - $15
Ads - free up to 25

www.craigslist.org (free)

www.redweek.com
Membership - $14.99 for 12 months
Timeshare Rental Ads - $24.99/ea for 6 Months
Timeshare Resale Ads - $59.99/ea for 12 Months

www.myresortnetwork.com
Membership - free
Timeshare Rental Ads - $19.95 ($24.95 - floating weeks)
Timeshare Resale Ads - $34.95

There is also a list of resale websites at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting, board that you may want to take a look at.

On Craigslist, you need to create a Craigslist Acct., and every 3 days, you can renew your Ads with the click of a button. You don't have to rewrite the Ads - if you create an Acct. they will be saved in your Acct. and you can just use the "renew" function, to renew the oldest Ad every 3 days which will bring it to the top of the listings.

Good luck!

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise

Thanks Denise,

I am a member of Redweek too and am the one in their forum which posted the RedWish topic. I was disappointed when they had removed it and told the company when they responded that I would not renew after my subscription ran out. It was a big factor in joining there and they did not have the decency to tell it's member it was being cancelled until after I posted that (2 months after they claimed they were redoing it).

Do you think they offered a rebate?

ha ha

I only log on to it when I have responses to my posting and haven't had 1 in a long time. Actually I do not know if it even still posted, without the RedWishes I do not go there anymore

As for ads here, yes I have them here too and have had inquiries which tells me there is interest here. But I like to get as large a viewing of my units as possible so I seek many places to maximize exposure

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am a member of Redweek too and am the one in their forum which posted the RedWish topic. I was disappointed when they had removed it and told the company when they responded that I would not renew after my subscription ran out. It was a big factor in joining there and they did not have the decency to tell it's member it was being cancelled until after I posted that (2 months after they claimed they were redoing it).

I don't read the Redweek forums, so I'm not sure what you are referring to. However, if you are saying Redweek removed your post on the forum/or removed a forum, so you refused to advertise there any longer, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Redweek is probably the best TS advertising website out there.

If your Ads are getting no responses the sad truth is that your prices are too high. Have you checked eBay to see the ending prices on auctions for your TS? That's the bottom line. Unfortunately, most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail today.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can pretty much surmise the website that you are referring to in your post.

Five free listings for 12 months per email account. Also, the ability to pay for listings. If it is the same site, I have been using their site for a number of years for rental and sales listings. I've never had any problems with my ads being removed prior to the 12-month ending period. There's only so much you can demand for "free" listings.

I used to get a lot more inquiries for my listings on their site, not as many in the last year for some reason. I finally gave Redweek a try about a year ago after many years of dismissing it because of the required membership fee. I just renewed my membership this month because I still had some listings going. I've had minimal success with RedWeek.

MyResortNetwork continues to produce for me over all others. Craigslist has been great also.

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise

I do not have any ads there. I have answered rent wishes there but never tried to sell.
Regardless of who has the best site in anyone's opinion and or where you get the most exposure the fact remains about my initial argument here.

Which is :

Company A is offering to people on the internet to list their units free of charge.
Explaining that you will get very little exposure on their site and will be listed last on their pages.
Or choice#2 to list for a small fee for lets say 6 months(for conversational purposes)
Or a 3rd of their Premier Listing for a large fee

If you are posting a free ad and are in direct competition with the pay for ads and are getting deleted daily there is something wrong there. They should just stop the free ads and quit playing games like they are.
For a company based in the USA and boasting about the quality of their sites I expect more.

I just made a decision to contact corporate and shake the tree and see what falls.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I offer a used toaster for free on Craigslist.......

.....and someone comes along to take me up on my "free" toaster. They get it home and it works for a moment. Then, it stops. They come back and complain to me that the toaster doesn't work anymore......perhaps, I'm running a scam, they shout in annoyance. They won't go away because they want to know what I'm going to do about that free toaster that doesn't work anymore. Since they can't get any satisfaction from me, and after all I said I had a free toaster that worked; they post on Craigslist about the terrible experience that they have had and tell others to "beware." I stop answering the door because this person appears unhinged because he feels he's not getting what he has a right to. Well, he's had enough of my mess and reports me to the local authorities! :eek: :doh: :shrug: :rolleyes:

The requested input is free. Please, see the complaint department if you feel that it's not worth what you paid for it.

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll take it

Send me the toaster Egret, thanks in advance, it is a little different than a toaster but I can see your point.
If I were to have posted and been deleted and not have written them it would be one thing.
But I posted and was deleted and was told if it happened after the 6th they would be able to look into it and possibly find out why.
Well, after informing them of that it happened after that the responses stopped, I guess I just expect more, If I were operating something similar I would feel obligated to give what I promised to people or just plain not promise it.

BTW
How old is the toaster and what brand?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with VacationTimeshareRentals.com "automatically deleting my free ad" 7/15/2011

Administrator (Steve Khou) claimed it was their spam detection, I think the site is just plain crap

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent_Share

Rent_Share;

I sent that copy / paste of my emails last night to Corporate just wanting a chance to resolve this. I practically begged and today I received a response from JS(Manager), JS wants me to fax proof of ownership to them before I post.

If you look at the site there is a slight change in ownership there, Internet Brands runs it now.

When I get back from my unit in Mrytle Beach I will proceed with scanning & sending.

I wonder if all the ads there require the same..........

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
VacationTimeshareRentals.com

A year ago I had similar problems with the site

Searchung the listings relfected the site was cluttlered with Holiday Group Listings a year after they shut their doors

http://www.vacationtimesharerentals.com/timeshares-by-owner.asp?ID=76486 1,025 still listed

Internet Brands was involved back then

You shouldn't have to proove ownership to advertise on a free site

Last edited:

mc19380

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their Site

I agree but it falls back to what was said earlier (scroll up) here. Their site and if I or you want to free post there we must conform to their rules.
However , I do not believe for a second that all postings there are held to such a high level of scrutiny. Which would mean we the FREE posters are discriminated against. But that remains to be an unknown so speculation would be just that. One can only hope they do in fact treat everyone the same.

As for proof of ownership, What is supposed to show that the Title?
I an kinda weary about that, I asked them to call the closing company and gave them the name of the Escrow Officer there. Still they want proof, so what am I to send.....A Purchase Contract is only that not proof of ownership.

My point was that they would not give me the courtesy of at the very least tell me why, and how we(them & I) could over come this problem which was reoccurring in my ads.

I guess this is better just left alone, a shady web site like that will always be a shady web site.

I will wait til I return home and when I am bored find out exactly what is required to post there.

lol

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, different, but it was the best I could come up with last night.

Send me the toaster Egret, thanks in advance, it is a little different than a toaster but I can see your point.

BTW
How old is the toaster and what brand?

Thank you for the offer. It's a 1958 Sunbeam.....Same year as I was born. I think I'll keep it due to the sentimental value.

I agree but it falls back to what was said earlier (scroll up) here. Their site and if I or you want to free post there we must conform to their rules.
However , I do not believe for a second that all postings there are held to such a high level of scrutiny. Which would mean we the FREE posters are discriminated against. But that remains to be an unknown so speculation would be just that. One can only hope they do in fact treat everyone the same.

As for proof of ownership, What is supposed to show that the Title?
I an kinda weary about that, I asked them to call the closing company and gave them the name of the Escrow Officer there. Still they want proof, so what am I to send.....A Purchase Contract is only that not proof of ownership.

My point was that they would not give me the courtesy of at the very least tell me why, and how we(them & I) could over come this problem which was reoccurring in my ads.

I guess this is better just left alone, a shady web site like that will always be a shady web site.

I will wait til I return home and when I am bored find out exactly what is required to post there.

lol

Very aggravating when something is offered for "free" and you can't get a piece of the action. :( Can't imagine what you've done where they're not willing to take your business. :rolleyes:

Good decision ("I guess this is better just left alone..."). Their "free" website really isn't worth your time and aggravation. As I stated earlier, I'm not getting nearly as many inquiries as I have in the past from it. Although come to think of it....I did just sell one of my timeshares last week that came from an inquiry from their site. :D

I dunno why you're being descriminated against. They've let me post up to five listings for every email address that I can come up with. Change things up a bit.....email address, name, etc. Make it a game......that is, if you get bored. :hi: